Biggest Steal & Disappoinment of 2023 Draft so far

Football_Bachelor08

Steal

Puka Nacua, no question. Somehow this guy ended up being more overlooked than Cooper Kupp; at least Puka went to a Division I school but was somehow not picked until the 5th round

Nevertheless he's had a hell of a rookie season and he's kept the production going rather than suffering a drop off as I feared he would. In any other year, Puka might be OROY but Stroud's case is a bit too strong

Disappointment

No contest again, Bryce Young.

Sure he was put in a bad situation but he hasn't been helping his own case with his poor reads and decision making. Whether or not Bryce is salvageable remains to be seen, but as of right now he's been a major letdown especially considering how well Stroud has been playing. Even Will Levis had looked better 

Two of the no-brainers pick, yeah.

Kinda hesitant to call Day 2 guys steals, but I’d throw in Dell, Spears, and Achane. Not sure if it counts as a draft steal, but the Cowboys’ kicker, Aubrey, certainly deserves praise. Especially when you consider two kickers got drafted pretty early and have largely been disappointing this year. 

Disappointments? It’s early, but I think of Tyree Wilson, Will McDonald, and Quentin Johnston. I hate doing this, but it burns twice as bad when you consider Wilson was picked two spots before Jalen Carter, and Johnston was picked right before Zay Flowers. 

1 hour ago, Soko said:

Disappointments? It’s early, but I think of Tyree Wilson, Will McDonald, and Quentin Johnston. I hate doing this, but it burns twice as bad when you consider Wilson was picked two spots before Jalen Carter, and Johnston was picked right before Zay Flowers. 

These were 3 dudes I hated leading up to the draft. So far, looks like Old Saul nailed this one. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Soko said:

Two of the no-brainers pick, yeah.

Kinda hesitant to call Day 2 guys steals, but I’d throw in Dell, Spears, and Achane. Not sure if it counts as a draft steal, but the Cowboys’ kicker, Aubrey, certainly deserves praise. Especially when you consider two kickers got drafted pretty early and have largely been disappointing this year. 

If a fifth rounder is playing like a Top 10 pick, I'd say that makes him a steal

12 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

DeWand Jones has to be in the running for biggest Steal. Prior to getting hurt he was playing great 

I was annoyed the Niners didn't take a flyer on him.. I understand he's not the prototypical OT that Shanny wants in his scheme, but with that much talent I feel like Kyle could have figured it out 

Steal...... CJ Stroud actually might go down as the largest. If he truly is a top 5 NFL QB, the Texans made out like bandits all things considering.

Disappointment has to be Jake Moody, not often the disappointment of a pick starts the second it is made

• Like 1

Shout out to Kobie Turner. 9 sacks as a rookie dt and, get this, is double-teamed a higher percentage of times than Aaron Donald.  The Conductor has had a huge impact on the defense and the team turnaround, yet no one talks about him.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Techbert said:

Shout out to Kobie Turner. 9 sacks as a rookie dt and, get this, is double-teamed a higher percentage of times than Aaron Donald.  The Conductor has had a huge impact on the defense and the team turnaround, yet no one talks about him.

Indeed it would seem the Rams have found Donald 2.0. How he fell to 89th is beyond me.

On 1/2/2024 at 7:52 AM, Techbert said:

He deserves to be mentioned right alongside Puka for biggest steal. It's absurd how good he is already.