2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

If they do, it's terrible. With how short his arms are, I'm not even sure if Williams is a tackle at the next level, and McGlinchey has a good shot to be there at the first pick in round 2 I think. 

Trade back with Buffalo seems imminent. 

3 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

FWIW I just looked more closely at Jeremiah's latest mock.  He not only has Fitzpatrick going at 4, he has BOTH James and Ward going in the top 8

leaving us Nelson at 9.

o.O

9wdGm.gif

7 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Hard to imagine any F/O could panic to that level. (never say never though)

( and y2 will probably list 1000 examples to destroy that, lol )

In the past you could always count on the Browns for at least one major bone-headed move in the draft.

8 minutes ago, John232 said:

Trade back with Buffalo seems imminent. 

Oh yeah.  Looks like just what the Bills have been positioning themselves for.

Eagles gave up 13 plus two players to move up to 8. Then did the blockbuster deal to move up from 8 to 2. Buffalo might want to move up that high. But I doubt NY or th Colts are taking a QB. On the hand if Buffalo move up to 4 they need to worry about some other team jumping them by moving up to 2 or 3.  With several QBs available but no clear cut ranking of them it will be an interesting draft this year.

Just now, big9erfan said:

Oh yeah.  Looks like just what the Bills have been positioning themselves for.

Browns could take Mcglinchey at 12 or another tackle at 22(21?) and set themselves up nicely. 

The odds of Barkley dropping to the 49ers also went up quite a bit. The Giants are the most likely team to draft him, Indy not far behind, but possible free fall after that. 

Situation in which Barkley falls. 

1. CLE: Darnold

2. NYG: Rosen

3. IND: Chubb

4: Buffalo: Mayfield

5: Denver: Josh Allen/Nelson

6. NYJ: OL/DB/LB before RB

7. Tampa: DT/DE/DB/OL before RB

8. CHI - no chance at Barkley

9..Us

Really not that hard to imagine a situation where Denver, Jets, and Tampa all go with other elite prospects like Nelson, Ward, Minkah, Edmunds, Smith and even Landry/Davenport before they go Barkley

And with Lamar Jackson and Barkley still on the board, we'd still have a lot of bargaining power. OR we can go Barkley and have an absolutely terrifying combo in the backfield.

You can imagine doing split backs with Juice and Barkley, splitting both out wide and putting backers on them? Then rinse and repeat with Mckinnon subbing in to give Barkley a breather.

That would be terrifying as a defense. 

3 minutes ago, John232 said:

Browns could take Mcglinchey at 12 or another tackle at 22(21?) and set themselves up nicely. 

The odds of Barkley dropping to the 49ers also went up quite a bit. The Giants are the most likely team to draft him, Indy not far behind, but possible free fall after that. 

Situation in which Barkley falls. 

1. CLE: Darnold

2. NYG: Rosen

3. IND: Chubb

4: Buffalo: Mayfield

5: Denver: Josh Allen/Nelson

6. NYJ: OL/DB/LB before RB

7. Tampa: DT/DE/DB/OL before RB

8. CHI - no chance at Barkley

9..Us

Really not that hard to imagine a situation where Denver, Jets, and Tampa all go with other elite prospects like Nelson, Ward, Minkah, Edmunds, Smith and even Landry/Davenport before they go Barkley

And with Lamar Jackson and Barkley still on the board, we'd still have a lot of bargaining power. OR we can go Barkley and have an absolutely terrifying combo in the backfield.

You can imagine doing split backs with Juice and Barkley, splitting both out wide and putting backers on them? Then rinse and repeat with Mckinnon subbing in to give Barkley a breather.

That would be terrifying as a defense. 

Nice!

This is also largely predicated on the idea that teams are drafting smart. Tampa, Denver, NYJ, Indy, and the Giants could all desperately use some of the really good prospects that aren't Barkley. And because Barkley is a RB, it could be argued that that positional value puts him in far lesser regard when it comes to guys like Chubb, Minkah/Ward/James, and obviously the QB's. 

Really, The Giants are the biggest obstacle and they'd be absolutely stupid not to draft Rosen or Darnold.

1 hour ago, John232 said:

This is also largely predicated on the idea that teams are drafting smart. Tampa, Denver, NYJ, Indy, and the Giants could all desperately use some of the really good prospects that aren't Barkley. And because Barkley is a RB, it could be argued that that positional value puts him in far lesser regard when it comes to guys like Chubb, Minkah/Ward/James, and obviously the QB's. 

Really, The Giants are the biggest obstacle and they'd be absolutely stupid not to draft Rosen or Darnold.

If Adrian Peterson can fall to #7, then Barkley could surely fall to a similar spot. Granted that draft was pretty stacked though, that was the year we ended up with Patrick Willis (over Carriker ;) - who btw was traded three years later for a 5th round pick) so maybe missing out on Barkley wont be such a bad thing. 

9 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Running-Away-GIF.gif

Oh man..it has Benn a long time since I heard Carriker's name..

edit: Wait..it was Bowman, right?  I got him confused with Benn. 

I can remember, Adarius Bowman was like the first time someone got me hyped on a prospect on here. 

8 minutes ago, John232 said:

Oh man..it has Benn a long time since I heard Carriker's name..

edit: Wait..it was Bowman, right?  I got him confused with Benn. 

I can remember, Adarius Bowman was like the first time someone got me hyped on a prospect on here. 

I wanted Vernon so badly coming out. The roads Ngata traveled, I suppose.

Archived