2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

I wanted Corey Davis over Thomas. We would have had a #1 WR instead of a logjam at DE. We'll either have to sell Armstead at a loss or keep both and use them poorly, often out of position. We needed someone to complement Buckner more than Thomas can. Buckner can already flush the QB out of the pocket from the inside, we needed someone to clean it all up on the outside. That's what we had with Justin and Aldon. I remember Justin forcing QBs like Wilson and Vick out of the pocket, and Aldon was quick enough to get them as they rolled out. They were complementary. They played off each other. The DL we have is inside push, inside push, inside push. It's nice, but it can be gameplanned around. 

33 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I wanted Corey Davis over Thomas. We would have had a #1 WR instead of a logjam at DE. We'll either have to sell Armstead at a loss or keep both and use them poorly, often out of position. We needed someone to complement Buckner more than Thomas can. Buckner can already flush the QB out of the pocket from the inside, we needed someone to clean it all up on the outside. That's what we had with Justin and Aldon. I remember Justin forcing QBs like Wilson and Vick out of the pocket, and Aldon was quick enough to get them as they rolled out. They were complementary. They played off each other. The DL we have is inside push, inside push, inside push. It's nice, but it can be gameplanned around. 

Of course, that number one receiver already can't stay on the field lol 

Any good games/player to watch today? I finally have a not busy Saturday that I can spend watching college ball. I figure I'll watch Rosen against Stanford tonight but is there any good games to watch during the afternoon preferably including prospects that are relevant to our team and needs?

1 hour ago, big9erfan said:

i flipped back and forth between the USC and OK St game.  Darnold looks like a much better NFL prospect than Rudolph.

Darnold did have several questionable throws that should have been intercepted early along with the one he did throw though. And against Cal's defense no less.

And he looks like "Rudy" Ruettiger, not feeling it yet... ;)

At this point, I want an edge rusher for our 1st. Then perhaps Allen or Mayfield  or whomever in the 2nd and break the bank for Cousins. Let Cousins have the reins for a few years and see what develops from CJ or Allen/Mayfield/whomever.

As I said before, Rudolph has yet to prove himself against a top 15 team. #16 TCU went to town in Stillwater. That wasn't even as close as the score looks. OSU was dominated by TCU.

Archived