Week 18- Packers vs. Bears regular season finale

Refugee

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Since the supposed turnaround of the Bears defense after they traded for Montez Sweat on Halloween their schedule has been: 4 divisional games, 3 games against the NFC South, and the Cardinals. and the Browns.  It's entirely possible that "the Bears defense is very good" was a mirage.

I think they are decent, but not a top defense. We were also fortunate their secondary was banged up. Whatever the do going forward, they have enough draft capital they can’t really screw up loading up at some premium position. I hope they do somehow find a way. 

12 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Jones was key .. Bears were at the top in rush defense.  Packers, please work out a deal with him for another year or two .. he's top notch.

Yep. Keep Jones and draft another RB with one of their top 100 picks they got coming up.

• Like 2

No additional proof was needed to confirm in my mind how valuable Jones is to this team, but mercy, that final game-clinching drive tonight was something special.  Jones took the team on his back and got the yardage needed to seal the game (with a couple of great throws by Love sprinkled in).  That was a statement drive!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, squire12 said:

that banged up WR group may have helped in some of the development for Love.   not being able to solely rely on 1 go to WR vs just running the offense, looking at the pre-snap defense, working through the progressions and making the throw.

This is one of the first things I thought of back when Adams was traded.  It is probably best for Love that Adams isn't on the roster.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Since the supposed turnaround of the Bears defense after they traded for Montez Sweat on Halloween their schedule has been: 4 divisional games, 3 games against the NFC South, and the Cardinals. and the Browns.  It's entirely possible that "the Bears defense is very good" was a mirage.

It was a mirage, though they also were missing their best CB in Johnson. That said, their fans on twitter were hyping up their young secondary as a bunch of studs and media talked that unit up all week, so the loss of 1 guy shouldn't have had them getting fried this badly all game. Love had 5 incompletions and 2 of them were legit TD drops by Doubs and Melton. Easily could have finished 29/32 with 4 TD's.

If there ever was any doubt about whether CHI would keep Fields or move on, there can't be any doubt now.  Before tonight, I actually thought there was some doubt.  In my defense, I am kind of dumb.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Love Jones, but still probably win this one. Offensive production wasn't an issue this afternoon 

Disagree.  Jones was a major factor in keeping the chains moving.  Without him, it would have been different in ball control.

40 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

For me, the Jones question is more about anyone still doubting how important having a legit RB is to this offense.  Does GB win this game if it's Jones hurt rather than Dillon?

Yes. I was thinking while watching 3rd quarter Aaron Jone being dominate that drafting another great RB is on my wish list. Get a pipeline going.

OTOH…another Jenkins or Tom helps make good running backs very good. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:

Disagree.  Jones was a major factor in keeping the chains moving.  Without him, it would have been different in ball control.

This is what I think.  GB is definitely using their punter tonight if Jones isn't playing.