BDL Discussion Thread 2024

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I get the impression that 3upandout isn't something people seek to do often. I guess I thought that Tyreek would have a smidge of interest.

Yeah most of the time people have planned all of their 3 ups for their own guys. And if they have a free one often it’s because of cap considerations. Also people don’t want to give you value for someone you may be losing anyway 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Yeah most of the time people have planned all of their 3 ups for their own guys. And if they have a free one often it’s because of cap considerations. Also people don’t want to give you value for someone you may be losing anyway 

That all makes sense.

I guess I assumed a big name would have interest, but I'm good keeping him.

6 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

You must! 

If somehow “Rosen” had been “Allen” I would contend that draft class would be a BDL all timer (for the picks I had obviously some of yours have been significantly more impactful). Instead it’s just been a nightmare. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I get the impression that 3upandout isn't something people seek to do often. I guess I thought that Tyreek would have a smidge of interest.

At $22,500/year on top of whatever compensation you want, you can miss me with that.

Unless you don’t have cap, or any 3ups.  Not much reason to use that option as the trade compensation won’t be what they’re worth.    I think I’ve done it 2 out of 3 years, but I never have 3 3ups. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blue said:

At $22,500/year on top of whatever compensation you want, you can miss me with that.

Good example here. You didn't ask what my preferred compensation would be but already ruled the trade out. And I guess that's my point: if it was appealing, I'd probably have received a message for him by now.

But, of course, cap is certainly a thing, so I get the concerns. If there's a WR to pay the bag to, it's probably the guy that had 119 receptions, 1,799 yards and 13 TDs. I love him, so I'm good with it. Just trying to understand the vibe of things is all.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Good example here. You didn't ask what my preferred compensation would be but already ruled the trade out. And I guess that's my point: if it was appealing, I'd probably have received a message for him by now.

But, of course, cap is certainly a thing, so I get the concerns. If there's a WR to pay the bag to, it's probably the guy that had 119 receptions, 1,799 yards and 13 TDs. I'll just happily hold and build.

Both the guys you 3 UP’d are, IMO, true cornerstones. I don’t think you’d receive nearly enough compensation for either one 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Both the guys you 3 UP’d are, IMO, true cornerstones. I don’t think you’d receive nearly enough compensation for either one 

Yeah, that's my feeling as well. Just thought I'd get an inquiry is all. (In the same period of time, I was contacted in some capacity about Sauce three times. I acknowledge the difference between the two players and their situations, but just found it interesting is all.)

• Like 1