BDL Discussion Thread 2024

14 hours ago, Blue said:

Also, I wouldn't assume there's zero interest after less than 24 hours unless you've literally messaged everyone in the league (which I know you haven't).

Yeah agreed. I learned quickly that a discussion you briefly had 2 months ago leads to a quick circle back and deal in place in minutes. It just needs to simmer for a while while other things unfold. 

• Like 1

Why do you Mock Me up, Buttercup baby, Just to let me down? 

1.1 Greenland- Caleb Williams QB USC 

1.2 Raleigh- Marvin Harrison Jr WR OSU

1.3 Anchorage- Malik Nabers WR LSU

1.4 Ivory Coast- Rome Odunze WR UW

1.5 Cwmfelinfach- Joe Alt OT ND

1.6 Anchorage- Dallas Turner Edge Bama

1.7 Lancaster- Brock Bowers TE UGA

1.8 Berlin (trade with Akureyri)- Taliese Fuaga OT Oregon State

1.9 Anchorage- Terrion Arnold CB Bama

1.10 Anchorage- JC Latham OT Bama

1.11 Cwmfelinfach (from Anchorage)- Drake Maye QB UNC

1.12 Rome- Olu Fashanu OT PSU

1.13 Hungary- Cooper DeJean DB Iowa

1.14 Raleigh (trade with Berlin)- Jayden Daniels QB LSU

1.15 New Orleans- Quinyon Mitchell CB Toledo

1.16 Greenland- Jared Verse Edge FSU

2.1 Greenland- Brian Thomas Jr WR LSU

2.2 Berlin- Nate Wiggins CB Clemson

2.3 Anchorage- Keon Coleman WR FSU

2.4 Las Vegas- Jer’Zhan Newton INT Illinois

2.5 Hungary- Amarius Mims OT UGA

2.6 Hungary- Xavier Worthy WR Texas

2.7 Lancaster- Troy Fautanu OT UW

2.8 Anchorage- Graham Barton IOL Duke

2.9 Las Vegas- Adonai Mitchell WR Texas

2.10 Lancaster- Byron Murphy ll INT Texas

2.11 Akureyri- Laiatu Latu Edge UCLA

2.12 Rome- Ladd McConkey WR UGA

2.13 Cancun- Jackson Powers-Johnson C Oregon

2.14 Berlin- Zach Frazier C WVU

2.15 New Orleans- JJ McCarthy QB UM

2.16 Greenland- Chop Robinson Edge PSU

• Like 3

Side note: I had a complete and massive misunderstanding about how games are played here. For some reason, I thought they happened during the offseason, and didn't coincide with the upcoming NFL season.

So, if my recent trades have sucked, I'll just blame that ignorance.

Edit: and, for the time being, I'm going to hold off on seeking out trades. Now that I have a clearer understanding of things, it's remarkable just how ruthless some of you are. Impressive, really. So, I'll wait and get a better feel for things before continuing to engage.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway
  • Like 5

47 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Side note: I had a complete and massive misunderstanding about how games are played here. For some reason, I thought they happened during the offseason, and didn't coincide with the upcoming NFL season.

Edit: and, for the time being, I'm going to hold off on seeking out trades. Now that I have a clearer understanding of things, it's remarkable just how ruthless some of you are. Impressive, really. So, I'll wait and get a better feel for things before continuing to engage.

This makes it seem like I didn’t explain things to you…

• Like 1

Just now, Scoundrel said:

This makes it seem like I didn’t explain things to you…

Nah, no way. I mean, there's certainly a lot to go over, and that's not your responsibility anyway. You gave me a ton of info.

It's just interesting, once you gain a better understanding of things, to see which owners had already jumped on you for wild discounts and horribly unbalanced deals. And, again, I'm not bothered by it. It's actually quite impressive. Just interesting is all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Nah, no way. I mean, there's certainly a lot to go over, and that's not your responsibility anyway. You gave me a ton of info.

It's just interesting, once you gain a better understanding of things, to see which owners had already jumped on you for wild discounts and horribly unbalanced deals. And, again, I'm not bothered by it. It's actually quite impressive. Just interesting is all.

I’m still mesmerized by your team name. We’re also division rivals so I proceed w caution. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I think literally everyone makes a “bad” trade or two when they first join. You can’t expect to be an expert evaluator in a league with this unique structure right away 

• Like 4

Fwiw, I don’t think you made a bad trade. 1.5 and 3.5 for 1.3 is an interesting trade, but if you have a specific target and can land him, what’s the issue.

The other trades were reasonable. Perhaps not ideal but whatever.

Now if Nolan balls out, it happens.

27 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Fwiw, I don’t think you made a bad trade. 1.5 and 3.5 for 1.3 is an interesting trade, but if you have a specific target and can land him, what’s the issue.

He’s not talking about the 1.3 and 1.5 trade

29 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Yeah, the Nolan trade was rooted in ignorance, and that's no one's fault but my own. (I proposed it, so it's not on Pete.) The Slay trade was laughably bad, but it's a good reminder that 6th round picks aren't made equal in BDL.

There are unsuccessful talks where I look at what was offered and am just kind of surprised, but it is what it is. And, honestly, this isn't a knock on anyone. It's just the way things go with new owners.

6 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Yeah, the Nolan trade was rooted in ignorance, and that's no one's fault but my own. (I proposed it, so it's not on Pete.) The Slay trade was laughably bad, but it's a good reminder that 6th round picks aren't made equal in BDL.

There are unsuccessful talks where I look at what was offered and am just kind of surprised, but it is what it is. And, honestly, this isn't a knock on anyone. It's just the way things go with new owners.

Yeah the Slay trade wasn’t ideal. You never know though, he can have a veteran reinasance for one season.

You have a pretty good team so it’s not a complete wash.

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

It's called a shark tank for a reason.

• Like 1