BDL Discussion Thread 2024

Replacement pick exercise:

Akureyri: 6.7 Brandon Coleman OG TCU

Replacement pick: Christian Mahogany OG Boston College (undrafted)

Rationale: I like the position choice pairing with Zak Zinter but I have Mahogany graded higher than Coleman. 

Berlin: 7.2 Theo Johnson TE PSU

Replacement pick: Javon Baker WR UCF (undrafted)

Rationale: Completely get adding the big bodied TE that has done well in the Berlin offense and while they have Darnell to back up Goedert adding more depth is smart. I however have Baker as a higher ranked player and although Berlin doesn’t have a WR need, good depth could be added there and I like the way Baker fits their room. 

Cancun: 4.15 Maason Smith INT LSU

Replacement pick: Sedrick Van Pran Granger C UGA (5.3)

Rationale: While INT depth is a need I think playing JPJ at OG and using SVPG at C as long as he lands in a favorable spot would be really great for their interior oline. 

Cuba: 7.14 Jacob Cowing WR Arizona

Replacement Pick: Jalen McMillan WR UW (undrafted) 

Rationale: If Cuba’s goal was to add a WR late McMillan can give a lot of what Cowing can plus more imo and think he would be the better fit for their passing offense.

Cwmfelinfach: 4.5 Mike Sainristil CB Michigan 

Replacement Pick: Max Melton CB Rutgers (4.6)

Rationale: Sainristil isn’t a bad pick I however have a much higher grade on Melton who goes one pick later. However a lot of guys in the league I talk to really like Sainristil so there’s a good chance I missed the mark on him but I’d stick to my board and take the top 30 ranked player here. 

Greenland: 1.16 JC Latham OT Bama

Replacement Pick: Taliese Fuaga OT Oregon State (2.2)

Rationale: I had Fuaga 8th on my board and Latham 16th. I think Fuaga is the best RT in the class and while Latham is really getting some hype I prefer Fuaga’s ability in pass pro. Latham is a fine pick as he got picked right at value but I had a player ranked a half a round earlier at the same position so have to grab him here.

Hungary: 5.9 Blake Fisher OT ND

Replacement Pick: Zak Zinter OG Michigan (6.8)

Rationale: A couple of notes it was difficult for me to make a decision here as I liked their draft overall. I think adding another Michigan guy at OG even coming off injury would be a great add as they added Moton in a trade to their OT group and could use more guard depth. I know I talked about pairing Mahogany with Zinter for Akureyri but I have to look at this as individual team scenarios. 

Ivory Coast: 5.1 Bo Nix QB

Replacement Pick: Ben Sinnott TE KSU (5.12)

Rationale: I didn’t really want to use any of my own picks for this exercise but with IC really contemplating Bowers at 1.6 I see some similar traits in Sinnott while not the same level of prospect. IC can 3up Engram but the amount Purdy relies on Kittle in SF I do think getting him TE’s he can rely on in the passing game would be beneficial. I am not a Nix believer but I think it’s worth the shot. This was a tough choice but I just think this current pick doesn’t turn out in the long run. 

Lancaster: 3.8 Malachi Corley WR WKU

Replacement Pick: Ruke Orhorhoro INT Clemson (3.16)

Rationale: I like Corley and think he can carve a role but I know Rack loves Ruke and sees some Madubuike traits and so I trust Rack in that. This is supposed to be what I would do, and I would trust my eyes, not that he didn’t because I know he and Mike really liked Corley also but I heard more about Ruke and what I would do is if you have a guy you make sure you get him. 

Las Vegas: 3.9 Braden Fiske INT FSU

Replacement pick: Ennis Rakestraw Jr CB Mizzou (3.15)

Rationale: I will leave the Braswell pick alone, so we look at Fiske. Not a bad selection at all but more CB help could also be used and I know IR was high on Rakestraw early in the process even mentioning taking him in round 2 at times. Not the ideal testing numbers but I’ve heard plenty of rumors he is going to go higher than we might expect. The potential, play style, plus need I like him here as the replacement pick.

New Orleans: 2.8 Byron Murphy ll INT Texas

Replacement Pick: Jer’Zhan Newton INT Illinois (2.15)

Rationale: Hard to pick someone when they only have 3 picks and they are all top 24 picks. I am probably one of the only individuals who have Newton higher than Murphy and not even by much but that’s the choice for this exercise. 

Quebec: 5.15 Elijah Jones CB BC

Replacement Pick: Renardo Green CB FSU (6.9)

Rationale: After more film review I think Green ends up the better pro and is going to surprise some people with his early contributions. I know I said take your guy and Quebec did so but I have to pick someone for this exercise and I just have more faith in Green being the better corner sticking with the position addition here for Quebec. 

Raleigh: 2.9 Nate Wiggins CB Clemson

Replacement Pick: Kool Aid McKinstry CB Bama (2.11)

Rationale: The Wiggins potential is high but people seemed to sour on Kool Aid throughout the process and I don’t think he really deserved that. I think he has a chance to be more of an alpha corner on the outside while Wiggins does have the athleticism to be matchup specific I think there are some strength and technique deficits that keep him from reaching pro bowl potential. Think Kool Aid has the higher floor and I’d rather take the more sure thing if I had the corner group Raleigh does.  

Rome: 5.5 T’Vondre Sweat INT Texas 

Replacement Pick: Jaden Hicks S WSU (5.10)

Rationale: As I’ve said I get the gamble on Sweat. I just don’t think he pans out. I have them replacing the pick with Hicks my number two safety and later they can pass on the Dad dude and address a different position as Hicks fits in as their third safety in different defensive formations. I think Hicks is more bust proof than Sweat and so this is where I would go. 

Svalbard: 6.4 Kris Abrams-Draine CB Mizzou

Replacement Pick: 6.10 Cam Hart CB ND

Rationale: I do like pairing the Mizzou corners because that’s fun I considered pairing the LSU receivers before all my trading up. I think Hart is a better prospect though and while already giving Green to Quebec I didn’t want to use the same replacement player twice. Hart has great size and ability and think he would have been the better pick this late in the draft.

• Like 9

Positional Big Boards 

QB Name (overall rank)
1 Caleb Williams USC (2)
2 Drake Maye UNC (3)
3 Jayden Daniels LSU (9)
4 JJ McCarthy Michigan (25)
5 Michael Penix Jr Washington (33)
6 Bo Nix Oregon (44)
7 Spencer Rattler SC (102)
8 Michael Pratt Tulane (136)

RB Name (overall rank) WR
1 Jonathan Brooks Texas (65) 1
2 Jaylen Wright Tennessee (66) 2
3 Trey Benson FSU (68) 3
4 Blake Corum Michigan (76) 4
5 Brealon Allen Wisconsin (83) 5
6 Marshon Lloyd USC (98) 6
7 Will Shipley Clemson (120) 7
8 Ray Davis Kentucky (130) 8
9 Bucky Irving Oregon (139) 9
10 Audric Estime ND (141) 10

WR Name (overall Rank)
1 Marvin Harrison Jr OSU (1)
2 Rome Odunze Washington (4)
3 Malik Nabers LSU (5)
4 Brian Thomas Jr LSU (21)
5 Ladd McConkey UGA (27)
6 Adonai Mitchell Texas (28)
7 Keon Coleman FSU (34)
8 Xavier Leggette SC (37)
9 Troy Franklin Oregon (39)
10 Roman Wilson Michigan (40)
11 Xavier Worthy Texas (43)
12 Ricky Pearsall Florida (46)
13 Ja'Lynn Polk Washington (57)
14 Malachai Corley WKU (62)
15 Jamari Thrash Louisville (73)
16 Tez Walker UNC (78)
17 Javon Baker UCF (81)
18 Jacob Cowley Arizona (88)
19 Jermaine Burton Alabama (90)
Jalen McMillian Washington (101)
21 Brendan Rice USC (107)
Malik Washington Virginia (108)
23 Luke McCaffrey Rice (119)
24 Johnny Wilson FSU (122)
25 Taj Washington USC (126)

TE Name (Overall Rank) OT
1 Brock Bowers UGA (13) 1
2 Ja'Tavion Sanders Texas (55) 2
3 Theo Johnson PSU (87) 3
4 Ben Sinnott KSU (104) 4
5 Cade Stover OSU (116) 5
6 Jaheim Bell FSU (128) 6
7 Erik All Iowa (138) 7

OT Name (Overall Rank) IOL
1 Joe Alt ND (6) 1
2 Talise Fuaga Oregon St (10) 2
3 Olu Fashanu PSU (11) 3
4 Troy Fautanu Washington (14) 4
5 JC Latham Alabama (15) 5
6 Amarius Mims UGA (17) 6
7 Tyler Guyton OU (26) 7
8 Jordan Morgan Arizona (47) 8
9 Kingsley Suamataia BYU (52) 9
10 Patrick Paul Houston (58) 10
11 Rodger Rosengarten Washington (63) 11
12 kiran amegadjie Yale (80) 12
13 Blake Fisher ND (110) 13
14 Javon Foster Mizzou (118) 14

IOL Name (Overall Rank)
1 Graham Barton Duke (23)
2 Jackson Powers Johnson Oregon (29)
3 Zach Frazier WV (30)
4 Christian Hayes UConn (42)
5 Mason McCormick SDSU (64)
6 Cooper Beebe KSU (70)
7 Zach Zinter Michigan (72)
8 Dominick Puni Kansas (79)
9 Beaux Limmer Arkansas (91)
10 Sedrick Van Pran UGA (92)
11 Christian Mahogany BC (115)
12 Christian Jones Texas (121)
13 Tanner Bortolini Wisconsin (127)
14 Brandon Coleman TCU (132)
  • Like 5

EDGE

Name (Overall Rank)

Dallas Turner Alabama (19)

Jared Verse FSU (20)

Liatu Latu UCLA (22)

Chop Robinson PSU (35)

Darius Robinson Mizzou (50)

Chris Braswell Alabama (51)

Adisa Issac PSU (59)

Jonah Elliss Utah (60)

Marshawn Kneeland WMU (74)

Brealen Trice Washington (85)

Brandon Dorlous Oregon (89)

Mo Kamara CSU (112)

Xavier Thomas Clemson (125)

Gabriel Murphy UCLA (135)

Austin Booker Kansas (142)

Jaylx Hunt EDGE Houston Christian

DT

Name (Overall Rank)

Byron Murphy II Texas (31)

Jer'Zhan Newton Illinois (32)

Braden Fiske FSU (48)

Kris Jenkins Michigan (67)

T'Vontre Sweat Texas (77)

Michael Hall OSU (97)

Ruke Orhorroho Clemson (105)

Dwayne Carter Jr Duke (117)

Leonard Taylor MIami (124)

Mekhi Wingo LSU (131)

Maason Smith LSU (140)

Tyler Davis Clemson (143)

LB

Name (Overall Rank)

Edgerrin Cooper Texas A&M (53)

Payton Wilson NCSU (54)

Junior Colston Michigan (61)

Jeremiah Trottier Jr Clemson (69)

Cedric Gray UNC (99)

Jaylan Ford Texas (137)

CB

Name (Overall Rank)

Quinyon Mitchell Toledo (7)

Terrion Arnold Alabama (8)

Cooper DeJean Iowa (12)

Nate Wiggins Clemson (16)

Kool Aid McKinstry Alabama (18)

TJ Tampa Iowa St (24)

Ennis Rakestraw Jr Mizzou (36)

Max Melton Rutgers (38)

Mike Sainristil Michigan (41)

Kamari Lassiter UGA (45)

Khyree Jackson Oregon (56)

Jarvis Brownlee Louisville (71)

Cam Hart ND (86)

Renardo Green FSU (95)

Calean Carson WF (96)

Khris Abrams Draine Mizzou (103)

DJ James Auburn (106)

Jerrian Jones FSU (113)

Kalen King PSU (123)

Chau Smith Wade WSU (129)

Andru Phillips Kentucy (133)

Josh Newton TCU (134)

Elijiah Jones BC (145)

S

Name (Overall Rank)

Tyler Nubin Minnesota (49)

Calen Bullock USC (75)

Jayden Hicks WSU (82)

Dadrion Taylor-Demerson TT (84)

Javon Bullard UGA (93)

Kam Kinchens Miami (94)

Cole Bishop Utah (100)

Beau Brade Maryland (109)

Jaylin Simpson Auburn (111)

Tykee Smith UGA (114)

• Like 6

These favorites look at the draft value, caliber of prospect/how much I liked a guy, positional value, roster impact, and team building.

1st Round
Favorite Pick – Quinyon Mitchell, Hungary – He got many people’s top CB, a huge position of need, 5 slots after I took Terrion. 
2nd Favorite – Jayden/Drake, CPP – I love taking two shots at QB in BDL, because both will get developed equally.  In a 16 team league, the have and have-nots at QB are even more pronounced, so getting it right is worth the draft capital.  And both are very good value.
3rd Favorite – Joe Alt, CPP – They fixed LT for the next decade, and with Paris, Skoronski, and JMS from last year, will keep those young QBs well protected.

2nd Round
Favorite Pick – Troy Fautanu, Rome – Rome has always put a lot of resources into having an elite OL, and whether he plays OT or OG, Fautanu will fit right in.
2nd Favorite – Cooper DeJean, Hungary – I love what Hungary has done the past two years.  Rebuild the DL last year and focus on the secondary this year.  DeJean and Mitchell give this team a whole new look.
3rd Favorite – JJ McCarthy, Greenland – Same concept as with CPP.  Put resources into the QB position until it is fixed.  And McCarthy may end up going to the best spot of any of the top 4 QBs.

3rd Round
Favorite – Chop Robinson, Rome – He shouldn’t have fallen this far and should slot it very nicely across from Karlaftis in a year.
2nd Favorite – Cooper Beebe, Berlin – I’m gonna give myself some love.  RG was a disaster for me last year and Beebe should solidify it from day one.  His tape is so much fun to watch.
3rd Favorite – Darius Robinson, Quebec – They needed a DL upgrade and Darius is just a really good football player.  I think he’ll be able to move inside or out a la Cam Jordan.

4th Round
Favorite – Michael Penix, Raleigh – The guy is going in the top half of the RL first and his tape the last two years has been really good.  This could turn into a situation, like Lamar, where the 5th QB taken turns out to be one of the two best.  Given my criteria, this gets best pick in the draft.
2nd Favorite – Maason Smith, Cancun – This is really good value for a guy who has every physical attribute you could want, is really young, and would be going much higher had he not torn that ACL.
3rd Favorite – Blake Corum, Hungary – They have a solid OL, great TE, good WR corp, and very nice 3rd down back in Rachaad.  Corum gives them an early down bowling ball with fantastic suddenness to pair with Rachaad.  Now they just need the QB.

5th Round
Favorite – Jaden Hicks, Quebec – I love Hicks as a deep FS type, I think he goes in the RL second, and he fills a big need for Quebec.  That’s great for the 5th round.
2nd Favorite – Kamari Lassiter, IC – I like him more than CBs who had gone a round and a half higher.  I think he becomes a solid #2 CB.
3rd Favorite – Ben Sinnott, ANC – I love Sinnott’s physical profile as he compares favorably to LaPorta.  But this drops to 3rd cause he already has Njoku and Bowers.

6th Round
Favorite – Marshawn Kneeland, LV – We really wanted to trade up for him as this may be the biggest plus in the draft.  One of the rare edge rushers who may go after day 1 and still be a double digit guy.
2nd Favorite – Zak Zinter/Brandon Coleman, Akureyri – I love taking these guys back-to-back.  They needed OG help and both these guys have legit starter potential.
3rd Favorite – Roger Rosengarten, Lancaster – A guy I didn’t look into a ton prior to the BDL draft, he may be a big plus for LANC and solidify the RT spot across from Olu.  In retrospect, very nice get.

7th Round
Favorite – Adisa Isaac, LV – This is ludicrous value.  I also love how LV really went after beefing up their front 7 this draft.  Give themselves an identity.
2nd Favorite – Ja’Lynn Polk, Raleigh – We would have stayed at 7.13 and taken him.  Great value here and I like him more than most of the WRs taken from the BDL 3rd on.
3rd Favorite – Braelon Allen, Greenland – With only another rookie at RB, they add the youngest player in the draft.  I think Braelon has his best ball ahead of him.

• Like 9

On 4/19/2024 at 7:12 AM, Scoundrel said:

Quebec: 5.15 Elijah Jones CB BC

Replacement Pick: Renardo Green CB FSU (6.9)

Rationale: After more film review I think Green ends up the better pro and is going to surprise some people with his early contributions. I know I said take your guy and Quebec did so but I have to pick someone for this exercise and I just have more faith in Green being the better corner sticking with the position addition here for Quebec. 

Well if Elijah was my CB4, Green is my CB6 so I'm a fan as well. I would have likely grabbed him with a 7th if MD4L hadn't grabbed him. So I wouldn't have been mad. But as you said, need to get my guy 

• Like 1

My ideal draft fits 

Malik Nabers= Chargers

Yes they will be run heavy but he’d be their number one and they have Herbert. And saves him from the Giants…

Rome Odunze= Jaguars, Bills, someone trades up please

I want someone who has a more established QB getting him the ball.

Brock Bowers= Bengals

I wasn’t sure here but in real life connection is fun with Burrow which I’ve had before with Chase.

Graham Barton= Packers

They do well with versatile linemen who meet athletic thresholds like Barton. 

Amarius Mims= Steelers

Fun Dawgs pairing at OT like I will have with Andrew Thomas and he in the future.

Javon Bullard= Bills

I loved the way they used their safeties in the past and like the potential for Bullard in a room that no longer has Poyer and Hyde.

Ben Sinnott= Chiefs

I don’t need contributions hopefully from Sinnott until year 3 anything before then is an added bonus… learning behind Kelce and in that offense with Mahomes is worth the wait for me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

My ideal draft fits 

Malik Nabers= Chargers

Yes they will be run heavy but he’d be their number one and they have Herbert. And saves him from the Giants…

Rome Odunze= Jaguars, Bills, someone trades up please

I want someone who has a more established QB getting him the ball.

Brock Bowers= Bengals

I wasn’t sure here but in real life connection is fun with Burrow which I’ve had before with Chase.

Graham Barton= Packers

They do well with versatile linemen who meet athletic thresholds like Barton. 

Amarius Mims= Steelers

Fun Dawgs pairing at OT like I will have with Andrew Thomas and he in the future.

Javon Bullard= Bills

I loved the way they used their safeties in the past and like the potential for Bullard in a room that no longer has Poyer and Hyde.

Ben Sinnott= Chiefs

I don’t need contributions hopefully from Sinnott until year 3 anything before then is an added bonus… learning behind Kelce and in that offense with Mahomes is worth the wait for me.

we-dont-care.gif

• Like 2