BDL Discussion Thread 2024

Hungary Hemorrhoids 

Favorite Pick:

2.5 Cooper DeJean DB Iowa

Big fan of DeJean would have taken him 2.7 if PR let him slide. Love the versatility he can bring to their secondary behind that pass rush. 10th overall on my board 

Least Favorite Pick:

5.9 Blake Fisher OT ND

I get the need here but I had Rosengarten higher and there may have even been some better choices imo at the position. We will see how he develops and where he lands. 

Player I am higher on than the consensus: 

This is a smaller draft class so these choices will merge. But DeJean as I wrote was 10th on my board and I don’t believe many have him that high.

Player I am lower on than the consensus: 

4.13 Blake Corum RB Michigan

I think he has a useful skill set and is a good back for rotation. Not the worst value at pick 61 overall and I know there’s a Michigan crush there for PR so go get your guys but for me there were better options to help this team at this pick. But still a solid choice considering need, school fandom. 

@PR

@Daniel

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

Hungary Hemorrhoids 

Favorite Pick:

Big fan of DeJean would have taken him 2.7 if PR let him slide. Love the versatility he can bring to their secondary behind that pass rush. 10th overall on my board 

Least Favorite Pick:

5.9 Blake Fisher OT ND

I get the need here but I had Rosengarten higher and there may have even been some better choices imo at the position. We will see how he develops and where he lands. 

This is a smaller draft class so these choices will merge. But DeJean as I wrote was 10th on my board and I don’t believe many have him that high.

4.13 Blake Corum RB Michigan

I think he has a useful skill set and is a good back for rotation. Not the worst value at pick 61 overall and I know there’s a Michigan crush there for PR so go get your guys but for me there were better options to help this team at this pick. But still a solid choice considering need, school fandom. 

@PR

@Daniel

Good review. Two things on even the less popular Hungary picks:

1) Blake Corum - I feel like the RB value is rightfully criticized for all of us that were snagging them from the late 3rd through end of the 4th. But, it def seems like if you wanted a specific RB than you really needed to take them in that window. So irl draft slot might look off on some RB picks, but in the BDL people likely did need to snag their RBs in rd 4 if they had to have someone specific.

2) Blake Fisher - I might be higher on him than most, but I think he will at least be a solid OG at the next level. Not outstanding, but I don't think he ends up bad. So I think this pick helps out Hungary long-term.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, InjuredReserve said:

Good review. Two things on even the less popular Hungary picks:

1) Blake Corum - I feel like the RB value is rightfully criticized for all of us that were snagging them from the late 3rd through end of the 4th. But, it def seems like if you wanted a specific RB than you really needed to take them in that window. So irl draft slot might look off on some RB picks, but in the BDL people likely did need to snag their RBs in rd 4 if they had to have someone specific.

2) Blake Fisher - I might be higher on him than most, but I think he will at least be a solid OG at the next level. Not outstanding, but I don't think he ends up bad. So I think this pick helps out Hungary long-term.

Corum didn’t land in my least favorite picks for them for a reason. He just is not a player I had that high.

On Fisher, if he was looking for a guard felt there were better options available as well.

43 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Corum didn’t land in my least favorite picks for them for a reason. He just is not a player I had that high.

On Fisher, if he was looking for a guard felt there were better options available as well.

I'm not saying Fisher can't be an OT. I just meant I am confident he can at least be a solid OG. So I like his floor.

Ivory Coast Beige Rhinoplasties  

Favorite Pick:

3.2 Edgerrin Cooper LB TAMU

I really like Cooper’s all around game. He has quite the ability to rush the passer but he also had great marks and film when he dropped back in coverage. He can fly to the ball, needs to work on some over pursuing but he can develop into an impact starter. 

Least Favorite Pick:  

5.1 Bo Nix QB Oregon 

Now he is definitely worth this risk but I just don’t think he pans out. But again this is the type of shot you take in the 5th with a QB getting first round hype. Think it will just be another fall flat QB though.

5.11 Kamari Lassiter CB UGA

Oh surprise a Dawg… no but serious outside of the testing Lassiter has some great film. I think he can play in the nickel and provide great depth for IC.

2.10 Tyler Guyton OT OU

Now this is going to be a not by much lower than as I have him 32… but he wasn’t an irl first round grade for me as I didn’t have 32 first round grades… but I definitely get the pick. If IC can get a starter at RT in FA to give him some time to develop I think that would be most ideal than throwing him in to the wolves. I expect a solid career but nothing above average imo.

@RuskieTitan

• Like 3

Lancaster Weinerweasels 

Favorite Pick: 

6.15 Roger Rosengarten OT UW

I think this is tremendous value for a player I think starts sooner rather than later at a position of importance. He has a nice athletic profile and protected Penix’ blind side. This is a nice combo with Olu. 

Least Favorite Pick:

1.11 Jared Verse Edge FSU

So this was incredibly hard for me I really liked the draft overall for Lancaster so it is tough to make a pick for this but given that they traded up for Verse and personally I have him at 20 on the big board he slots into here. I do like the fit though across from Watt and think he will be a solid Robin to the Batman.

6.15 Roger Rosengarten OT UW

Have to go back to this pick as I had him 41st overall. There are other players I really liked their value on as well like Colson but the biggest + difference in my board is RR.

5.4 Cole Bishop S Utah

Solid tape and a nice athletic profile I just feel I’ve seen a lot of safety prospects similar to his game and they don’t pop enough. I don’t see him developing into a game changer personally. But round 5 and later is where you take the shots on your guys so can’t knock it too much.

@rackcs

@MikeT14

• Like 5

Las Vegas Bagels

Favorite Pick:

2.15 Jer’Zhan Newton INT Illinois 

I am a big Newton fan and really think he has become underrated in the draft process because of injury. Plenty enough length and mass with his explosion on film and he can be a game wrecker early for the Bagels up front. He is 17 on my board so getting him at 31 overall is a steal in my book. The true cream to their cheese. 

Least Favorite Pick:

3.13 Chris Braswell Edge Bama

Just not really a fan of his game. He has some elements that could work at the next level but he just doesn’t offer enough for me to like the value at 45th overall.

7.5 Adisa Isaac Edge PSU

This was a steal and this makes me dislike the Braswell pick even more as getting Isaac this late would have really meant they could have addressed a different position at 3.13 especially after also adding Kneeland at 6.3 but that is using hindsight. This was a great value pick and I was surprised he didn’t go higher.

Pick I am lower on than the consensus:

3.9 Braden Fiske INT FSU

I like the player I just had a later 2nd round grade on him at 57 overall on my board. I get the hype and I even expected he could go higher than this after his testing but he next to Newton could really be a pass rush tandem inside. Again I just had him ranked a BDL round lower.

@InjuredReserve

@BodyBurner

• Like 2

New Orleans Jacuzzis 

Favorite Pick:

1.14 Brian Thomas Jr WR LSU

Big BTJ fan he is 9th on my board. Many times I tell myself I should have stayed at 10/11 or wherever and just taken him. Like what he can do with Josh Allen rocket arm.

Least Favorite Pick: 

1.15 Laiatu Latu Edge UCLA

Well they only made three picks… so has to be someone. I like Latu but the injury history could be a concern although he has been perfectly healthy. Hard to pick someone for this.

Player I am higher on than consensus:

1.14 Brian Thomas Jr WR LSU 

As already mentioned…. 9th

1.15 Laiatu Latu Edge UCLA

This is assuming the consensus was top 16 which I doubt it was. Had him 26th.

@WFLukic

• Like 4

Quebec Nobbers

Favorite Pick:

7.6 Malik Washington WR UVA

I knew early on how much Ted loved this player so it was neat to see him land him so late and that plays in to some of the bias for this selection. Regardless I really like the production and the tape even in the small frame and think he can carve out a roll on an offense with possible mainstay production which is a nice grab in the 7th.

Least Favorite Pick:

5.15 Elijah Jones CB BC

This is more because of my own ignorance and he not really being on my radar. The little I’ve seen I saw some potential but maybe it’s the BC but I see some Isaac Yiadom in him.

5.10 Jaden Hicks S WSU

I had Hicks at 44 even higher than Bullard who I took 8 picks early but because of Bullards versatility I made that selection for my defense, anyway I like what Hicks can bring as a SS prospect primarily down in the box as an enforcer and think it’s a fun grab for the Nobbers.

5.6 Kiran Amegadjie OT Yale

Great tools to work with I just thought of him as a 7th round flier so he went earlier than I would have taken him but if he can refine the tools he has that type of raw ability that could turn into a very good player. 

@TedLavie

• Like 3

Raleigh Fairydusters

Favorite Pick:

1.2 Marvin Harrison Jr WR OSU

My number one player in the class he is the type of offensive weapon you can build around and be a franchise altering player. If they ever figure out the QB position he is going to be a top notch weapon in BDL

Least Favorite Pick: 

2.9 Nate Wiggins CB Clemson 

This was tough as I don’t even really dislike this one much but the frame and lack of mass combined with some tackling issues are a bit worrisome. 

7.11 Mason McCormick OG SDSU

This could be Polk as well but I feel like more people were high on him but weirdly didn’t pick him. McCormick I had in the 40’s and think despite the small school experience could be a starter sooner rather than later. 

4.16 Roman Wilson WR Michigan 

This was tough as I had everyone around the range they were picked in by Raleigh or well before indicating steals. Wilson was the closest other than Harrison/Wiggins to on board draft slotting for me and I had him just a little lower than 4.16 but I definitely see the allure of him at that stage.

@EaglesPeteC

• Like 3

Rome Exorcists 

Favorite Pick:

4.6 Max Melton CB Rutgers 

I had Max as a top 30 player on my board so getting him at pick 56 is a big steal. Really like his game and how he matched up on film with good players.

Least Favorite Pick:

5.5 T’Vondre Sweat INT Texas 

I get the risk/reward opportunity here. This isn’t much of a loss if he fails. I just think the immaturity plus size issues keep him from ever reaching his potential.

4.12 Christian Haynes OG Uconn

Haynes is a player I had as a top of the 4th player so not too different but he really fluctuated for me and at one time was in the late 30’s and I still think looking back his value is good there.

6.12 Dadrion Taylor-Demerson S TTU

I didn’t have him on my board. Good athleticism though.

@bcb1213

• Like 4

Svalbard Minors

Favorite Pick:

7.9 Luke McCaffrey WR Rice

If I had stayed at 7.6 I would have taken Luke. Love the family, drafted his brother my first ever BDL pick and I like the film. He isn’t going to break many tackles but he can give you nice slot production with a QB eye reading coverage.

Least Favorite Pick:

6.4 Kris Abrams-Draine CB Mizzou

I don’t even think this is a bad pick necessarily I do think there were some players I would have rather had available and I know this was a backup choice after trading up for Kneeland but I have to choose someone so I choose the undersized corner.

7.9 Luke McCaffrey WR Rice

Luke was 67th on my board

6.4 Kris Abrams-Draine CB Mizzou

Lack of picks limits my options here I had every other player higher or in the same range for their class.

@SirA1

• Like 3

Anchorage Asshats 

Favorite Pick:

1.12 Brock Bowers TE UGA

Getting up to take Bowers after working their way up for Nabors and Odunze gives Anchorage a pretty ridiculous young cost controlled trio of pass catchers

Least Favorite Pick: 

5.12 Ben Sinnott TE KSU

Not much to dislike about the draft, but trading future assets for a TE when you already traded for a TE is a little bit of a head scratcher. 

Player I am higher on than consensus 

2.14 Amarius Mims OT UGA

His fall in the late 20's in BDL was a bit of a shocker for me. I had him at 17 and comfortably ahead of Guyton who went higher.  They just do not build human beings that size that move like he does.

5.2 Javon Bullard S UGA

I know there are several draft experts plenty high on Bullard, but he just isn't the kind of player that I was targeting. I have Bullock way higher than Bullard and Hicks on my safety board than Bullard

also the fact that 3 out of the 4 of these players are Bulldogs is the most @Scoundrel thing ever

• Like 1