BDL Discussion Thread 2024

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

There's easily a dozen Edge players I would take over Judon with zero discussion and several of them aren't on Pete's list.

like i said, subjective.  I could see him being in either of the top two groups

22 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I really like Goedart but he just doesn't have the production to warrant that Cornerstone status IMO. Hendrickson was a fence player for sure trying to decide where to put him. You are on the nose with Garrett Wilson, he's shown flashes but need to see him to it all together more consistently to really put him in that tier for BDL purposes.

His stats are really comparable to Andrews the past two years and he's a better blocker and in an offense with a lot of weapon competition.

Hendrickson has 53 sacks over the last 4 years...

3 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

like i said, subjective.  I could see him being in either of the top two groups

Matt Judon is a 32-year-old (at the start of the season) with two career double-digit sack seasons coming off a season-ending biceps tear. Danielle Hunter is 29 with 87.5 career sacks and three seasons with 14.5+, including last year. Where is the subjectivity?

On 5/27/2024 at 2:12 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

1. Franchise Cornerstone- an elite player who is the focus of your gameplans and the focus of your opponent to stop. (worth 4pts)

To be clear, my dispute is based on Pete's definition of "cornerstone player." I'm personally laughing at anyone who gameplans their offense around stopping Matt Judon over, say, Trey Hendrickson. He's a good player, absolutely, but not somebody anyone is focusing on taking out of the game.

9 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

His stats are really comparable to Andrews the past two years and he's a better blocker and in an offense with a lot of weapon competition.

Hendrickson has 53 sacks over the last 4 years...

Looking at it more closely, either I need to add Hendrickson or take off Judon or Gary or both because he has been better than them. That'll be a cluster I go back to after BDL FA before I start working on my position rankings

51 minutes ago, Blue said:

Matt Judon is a 32-year-old (at the start of the season) with two career double-digit sack seasons coming off a season-ending biceps tear. Danielle Hunter is 29 with 87.5 career sacks and three seasons with 14.5+, including last year. Where is the subjectivity?

OK, so now go tell me how many double digit sack seasons montez sweat and rashan Gary have combined

Brian Burns can't play the run and has one 10+ sacks season in his career. He, not Judon imho, is the ludicrous part of these EDGE cornerstones.

For Quebec, I think Montez Sweat is heads and shoulders above Brian Burns. Otherwise no complaints

• Like 1

If I'm speaking strictly about my team, I think DJ Moore could make the cornerstone list given he's just entering his prime years now and finally has a QB worth something throwing to him afrer years of garbo. Otherwise agree.

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

OK, so now go tell me how many double digit sack seasons montez sweat and rashan Gary have combined

Sweat and Gary are both five years younger than Judon and aren't coming off a season-ending injury, lol

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Blue said:

Sweat and Gary are both five years younger than Judon and aren't coming off a season-ending injury, lol

And combined they've played two more seasons than Judon.  Not to mention despite playing only four games last year, the past three seasons Judon has more sacks than Gary and he has more sacks than sweat

Edited by bcb1213

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

And combined they've played two more seasons than Judon.  Not to mention despite playing only four games last year, the past three seasons Judon has more sacks than Gary and he has more sacks than sweat

Are we combining their sacks in those seasons, too? Lol.

I would hope that a guy who has played 2-3 more seasons and 40 more games has more sacks.

Edited by Blue