Las Vegas Shark Tank - Review

QB - Spencer Rattler

RB - Sione Vaki, Blake Watson

TE - Will Dissly

OG - Javion Cohen

OC - Matt Lee

INT - Michael Pierce

CB - Rico Payton, Chau-Smith Wade

S - Jaylin Simpson (got waived - only player not to make a team)

Plan for Shark Tank: Came in with really only 8-10k max to spend. Plan was to be really involved, abandon bidding when I couldn't afford to pay up, and try to get depth in general as when I took over this franchise I had far and away the least players rostered.

What Went Well: My main target was Spencer Rattler who I wanted to get and stash. Happy with the price I paid for him. I also wanted to bring in some UDFAs with potential at RB. I ended up paying a steep price for Sione Vaki to do so, but paid min price for Watson due to him not being expected to even make a roster (happy to see he did). Gives me some RB upside for a pretty reasonable rate.

What Could Have Gone Better: I fought for a few players that I got priced out on. Specifically Bud Means, DJ Glaze, Jordan Magee. With the exception of Means who me and Blue were back and forth frequently the others almost got rostered a few times and I got outbid at the 22-23 hour mark a few times. While I shifted strategy, it did lead me to not adding LB depth I would have preferred. The same is true for a veteran backup QB, but the price did not seem worth it when I had other positions to address. 

Overall: I like having a lot of fun UDFA shots that give me some cheap roster filler that can hopefully lead to some roster contribution 2 yrs down the road.

• Like 5