BDL Discussion Thread 2024

6 hours ago, Blue said:

What a wild game.

Through two weeks, Ray-Ray McCloud and Darnell Mooney have led the Falcons in receiving yardage. Maybe...just maybe...Drake London and Kyle Pitts just aren't that good? Given, y'know, they've struggled to produce with four different starting QBs going on three seasons.

Let alone the "using 2 weeks as a basis to say someone struggles to produce or not this year".

Kyle Pitts is 7th amongst TE in yards in the span of his career. If by "isn't that good" you mean he's somewhere around the 8-12th best TE - I think that's what's commonly viewed currently?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blue said:

What a wild game.

Through two weeks, Ray-Ray McCloud and Darnell Mooney have led the Falcons in receiving yardage. Maybe...just maybe...Drake London and Kyle Pitts just aren't that good? Given, y'know, they've struggled to produce with four different starting QBs going on three seasons.

Maybe London never breaks 1,000 yards in a season...but he's led the Falcons in receiving both years with Mariota and Ridder at QB.  Maybe give him more than two weeks with Cousins.

Not like we didn't see him open a lot last night.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

Maybe London never breaks 1,000 yards in a season...but he's led the Falcons in receiving both years with Mariota and Ridder at QB.  Maybe give him more than two weeks with Cousins.

He also got himself open for the game winner. Maybe Blue pulled an Mwil and went to bed after the first half?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Let alone the "using 2 weeks as a basis to say someone struggles to produce or not this year".

Kyle Pitts is 7th amongst TE in yards in the span of his career. If by "isn't that good" you mean he's somewhere around the 8-12th best TE - I think that's what's commonly viewed currently?

3 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I’m obviously trolling a bit here, but I think if you looked just at their performance on the field without knowing where they were drafted, what would be your perception of them?

For me: these are two players with a combined 14 touchdowns over 80 games played. Pitts had 1000 yards as a rookie and about that many combined over the 29 games played since while not offering much as a blocker. London has been a good chain mover between the 20s—has he shown he can be more than that? Through four quarterbacks and at least two OCs, I don’t think so, but there’s an obvious counterpoint there.

They’re not bad players. They’re both coming up on 5th year options and Atlanta should pick up both, no questions asked, because it would be stupid not to. They’re both only 23 and they have tons of time to improve. I just think they, like a lot of young players, get more credit than they deserve because of where they were drafted.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

He also got himself open for the game winner. Maybe Blue pulled an Mwil and went to bed after the first half?

Pitts and London were both consistently working themselves open in the endzone and Cousins just ignored them. It was awful.

15 minutes ago, Blue said:

London has been a good chain mover between the 20s—has he shown he can be more than that? Through four quarterbacks and at least two OCs, I don’t think so, but there’s an obvious counterpoint there.

13 minutes ago, Blue said:

Pitts and London were both consistently working themselves open in the endzone and Cousins just ignored them. It was awful.

To answer your question, based on your next comment, yes?