More deserving of OROY, Stroud or Nacua?

More deserving of OROY?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. More deserving of OROY?

• CJ Stroud
    • Puka Nacua

On 1/8/2024 at 11:41 AM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Man, so many good rookies this year it's incredible. Zay Flowers had a sensational rookie year for the Ravens and I wouldn't even put him in the conversation for this award because of how great CJ Stroud and Puka Nacua were.

That being said, this is Stroud's award hands down.

Agreed the rookies did well this year even both Bijan and Gibbs showed out as both of them finished top 20 among all players in total yards from scrimmage. 

Puka was 5th
Bijan was 10th
Gibbs was 20th

Thats among all players from RB, TE, and WR vet and rookie.   All 3 of those players were putting in top tier work when they had their number called.

While I'm not opposed to having a separate MVR style award to give to the best rookie QB (most years at least) - there isn't a really good argument against this being Stroud. Puka had a great year no doubt, up there with JJ and Chase but to be this good as a rookie QB is rare. Matt Ryan (just one of the names thrown out) was good as a rookie QB but wasn't this good, not at all.

Puka saw what Stroud did and said bet. Its great he is still getting a ton of praise even though the Rams lost. And hopefully as he continue to grow he will get those calls he shouldve gotten at the end. 

You know Puka is great when people completely forgot about Kupp. I think Kupp wasnt right this season from the start. He sorta had a 2022 Stafford type season where Stafford wasnt right in camp and it carried into the regular season to the point where people thought he was washed. Then this season a fully healthy Stafford entering the season Stafford was playing excellent. So hopefully Kupp comes into the 2024 season fully healthy and show the world he is still great.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Stroud took a team picking #2 overall and led them to a dominating playoff victory as a rookie.  Puka had a great year, but there is one clear answer.

You’re expected to be great at #2. As a 5th? You’ll be lucky to make the league. Special teams destination. 

38 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

You’re expected to be great at #2. As a 5th? You’ll be lucky to make the league. Special teams destination. 

It's not the expected value over draft slot award though, it's rookie of the year.  And Stroud has been the best rookie.

9 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

It's not the expected value over draft slot award though, it's rookie of the year.  And Stroud has been the best rookie.

Nah nah I get it. Hey. It’s not like RG3 didn’t do it. I can’t remember the last time a rookie broke all the receiving records in a year and a playoffs. But you’re right. It’s must of been longer.