Commanders hire Adam Peters to be new GM (5 year deal)

2 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Maybe Mahew and Hurney after the draft !

Chopping Episode 1 GIF by National Geographic Channel

With Peters relationship to Mayhew, and Mayhew being involved in part of the interviews, I'm thinking he is not gone. 

16 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

With Peters relationship to Mayhew, and Mayhew being involved in part of the interviews, I'm thinking he is not gone. 

I’m OK with that.  You have to have someone that you trust to delegate to, and that was probably an appeal to this job for Peters as well- the extra benefit of having that guy Mayhew in house who already knows how everyone operates and how to lead them.  That just means we are ahead of the curve for making changes after the draft.  

I wasn’t aware of him being part of the head coaching process, but that’s also a good sign to me for their relationship and how they trust each other.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I wasn’t aware of him being part of the head coaching process, but that’s also a good sign to me for their relationship and how they trust each other.  

It was mentioned in the SI or Athletic article yesterday. During the interviews, Mayhew, Peters and Spielman handled "Round 1", then Harris and Myers for "Round 2" for a couple of hours, then back to Peters for a 1 on 1 in "Round 3"

• Like 2

I was intrigued to see Jason Wright pretty much front and center in the “Quinn arriving at the complex” video they posted on the socials. 

Seems like they bypassed him on all the big interviews — and looped in a bunch of real randos — but somehow he’s still an entity there. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I was intrigued to see Jason Wright pretty much front and center in the “Quinn arriving at the complex” video they posted on the socials. 

Seems like they bypassed him on all the big interviews — and looped in a bunch of real randos — but somehow he’s still an entity there. 

Dude is the new Larry Michael. He’s just kind of there, no one knows why.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

I have been patiently awaiting a house cleaning, but it seems they want to keep the stench of the last regime.  

Ian Rapoport 

Sources: #Commanders GM Adam Peters is hiring #Lions senior director of player personnel Lance Newmark as the new assistant GM. A long-time respected scout in Detroit, Newmark was instrumental in building the #Lions.

Newmark hopes to help remodel Washington in similar fashion.

“Lance is someone that I have known and respected in the scouting community my entire career,” Peters said. “He is a highly respected talent evaluator and a great leader who will fit perfectly into what we’re building here in Washington. I want to thank Brad Holmes and the Lions organization for being first class in working with us on the process of bringing Lance to the DMV. Lance is a phenomenal person, and he will immediately elevate our overall personnel function here at the Commanders. It is my absolute pleasure to welcome Lance and his family to Washington.”

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Well that's disappointing about Hurney and Mayhew. Not gonna lie. 

Meh. What are they really doing? Mayhew probably more than Hurney. Hurney's role feels like a farce. It's Doug Williams. His title is just "advisor".

Mayhew? Well let's accept that Peters likes him a lot and is going to use him, but Mayhew is reporting to him. It's the same role he had in SF before his promotion in SF.

Peters has a 2nd in command that isn't either of them. Big steps regardless. 

We have hired an assistant GM from Detroit Lance Dewmark and I love the hire!!!! He was the senior director of player personnel I love this staff so far I believe Peters and Quinn are doing the right things. Everyone hires relationships but they’re legit getting quality candidates all over the place. These are job security hires these are we’re going to put the legit best staff together we can hires and I am elated!! We will have a fast physical brand very very soon

25 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Ian Rapoport 

Sources: #Commanders GM Adam Peters is hiring #Lions senior director of player personnel Lance Newmark as the new assistant GM. A long-time respected scout in Detroit, Newmark was instrumental in building the #Lions.

Newmark hopes to help remodel Washington in similar fashion.

“Lance is someone that I have known and respected in the scouting community my entire career,” Peters said. “He is a highly respected talent evaluator and a great leader who will fit perfectly into what we’re building here in Washington. I want to thank Brad Holmes and the Lions organization for being first class in working with us on the process of bringing Lance to the DMV. Lance is a phenomenal person, and he will immediately elevate our overall personnel function here at the Commanders. It is my absolute pleasure to welcome Lance and his family to Washington.”

Absolutely love everything Peter’s is doing. I don’t mind the Marty’s. I’ve been high on a lot of players we’ve drafted. Our coaches failed most of them with scheme and systematic breakdowns and putting players in a position to thrive. Absolutely love the hire because I wanted Peters and before the offseason start I wanted someone off the player personel of Detroit and we now have both as our GM and assistant GM!!! This is so huge because last years grades on my big board had all 4 of the lions top 4 picks in the top 35. Gibbs was a top 7 player for me in the class Branch is a dynamic hybrid player we know I have a love for those types. And Laporta absolute stud!!! Plus I let it be known how much I wanted Campbell here lol. When media were clowning Detroit after their picks I was in love with their draft. I think they got the last laugh.