NFC Wild Card: 6. Los Angeles Rams (10-7) @ Detroit Lions (12-5) Sunday Night Football

Louis Friend

Rams @ Lions   

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets revenge?

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I'm just confused about the hypothetical situation posed by the "combination football game and grocery store" ad, because what circumstances would have you requiring bananas and avocados so desperately that you'd potentially choose not to go to the football game, because you can't like "buy them on the way home from the game"?

I feel like this is one of the ads that i just don't get because it's replaced with Canadian ads for me.  idk what it's even for, but enough people have complained about it that i'm aware of it's existence.  

But like...how often do you stop off to go grocery shopping on the way home from a sporting event?  That also seems super weird to me.  After a sporting event, do you not want to just ride the buzz and keep rolling to make a whole night of it?  Hit up the bars or a restaurant or something and then go home to crash?  Not like...go buy some produce for later?

I guess maybe it's different in the states where tailgating is a much bigger thing?  You've already got your vehicle there.  But like what about everyone else?  Ya'll just rolling out with the homies and the sober DD to the grocery store after the big game to group shop?  Or everyone's drinking and driving they own cars down to the grocery store after?

The whole scenario is just weird to me, but for a different reason than most people seem to complain about.

That last commercial break had a movie about spies. That's hardly ever a theme for a movie. 🙄 I sure couldn't be a spy; I could barely handle the pressure of learning a new application at my office job.