Playoffs! Rd. 1 -Green Bay at Dallas- House Money Game

Refugee

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Man, I want to see Jones here in a job share role with either Barkley or Henry...then with a young draft pick as RB3.  

This offense is so much better when we have a good RB back there.  I can't imagine how create MLF could be with Jones and Barkley together on the field with Kraft and Musgrave.

How about just this instead of investing that kind of money in the RB position. 100% down with the Jones part though. 

Packers Projected to Add ‘Tank’ Linebacker-Turned-RB in 2024 (msn.com)

Edited by Old Guy

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

How about just this instead of investing that kind of money in the RB position. 

I understand the value of having one on your roster but i generally think it's ideally a #3 RB role. I want guys you can move around more. Being able to flex guys between the backfield and slot puts pressure on a defense.

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Either I've coincidentally just saw Barkley's least impressive games/reps or he's wildly overrated. The next impressive play I see from him will be the first.

Honestly PITs backup RB looks better to me

He may have grown overrated. In his first season and before he had the nagging injuries the guy was incredible. But I watched a few games this year with him, and he just doesn't seem to have the same juice. His name will garner a big paycheck, so I am not on that bandwagon for this team. I wouldn't go as far as saying the PIT backup is better though.

2 hours ago, spilltray said:

I definitely don't want to touch Henry with a 10 ft pole unless it's a one year deal. I don't expect him to finish out a 3 or 4 year deal.

Barkley I just think is going to have a higher number than I'm willing to invest at RB, especially with Jones there.

I'm more in the mindset of draft 2 RB in rounds 2-4.

Only reason I'd want Henry or Barkley (and if Henry, for sure a one year deal), is because we aren't paying much to our offense right now.  There is room to pay a guy like Barkley for 3 years, or two years.  And I just love Barkley's skillset.  MLF could split him or Jones out wide and use them together.

But yah, while I want a guy like Barkley...and to a lesser extent, Henry, I do feel like we will draft some RB's and see how that shakes out.

But a guy can dream.

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

How about just this instead of investing that kind of money in the RB position. 100% down with the Jones part though. 

Why not all three?  Jones, Barkley (or to a lesser extent, Henry) and Allen?

Also?  No issues if we bypass a high cost FA RB and use the draft instead.

22 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Either I've coincidentally just saw Barkley's least impressive games/reps or he's wildly overrated. The next impressive play I see from him will be the first.

Pit's backup...Warren right?  Every time I've seen that kid, I really like him.

But I do adore Barkley's full skillset.  

To me, he's overrated because that offense is a dumpster fire of ineptitude.  And he's the focal point.

I think he'd be great over here in this offense.

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Pit's backup...Warren right?  Every time I've seen that kid, I really like him.

But I do adore Barkley's full skillset.  

To me, he's overrated because that offense is a dumpster fire of ineptitude.  And he's the focal point.

I think he'd be great over here in this offense.

Barkley's played behind one of the worst Oline's in the league the past few seasons.  He's still a stud.

1 minute ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Barkley would be to our offense what CMC is to the Niners

I really woudln't go that far.  I'm not sure there is THAT much more meat on the bone for the run game than what Jones provides in the past few games.

OL has really gelled 2nd half of the season.  RB behind the line is much less important than the blocking

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I really woudln't go that far.  I'm not sure there is THAT much more meat on the bone for the run game than what Jones provides in the past few games.

OL has really gelled 2nd half of the season.  RB behind the line is much less important than the blocking

Guess im higher on Barkley than most. Behind a decent OL and good scheme i think he'd be the consensus best back in the league along with CMC 

35 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Barkley's played behind one of the worst Oline's in the league the past few seasons.  He's still a stud.

Yes?

I mean, that's what I was getting at.  He is their offense and it's a dumpster fire.  So he gets the blame.

The guy has immense, elite talent.  I'd love to see it here with our offensive scheme.  He wouldn't even need to be the focal point, just one of the pieces.

12 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Barkley would be to our offense what CMC is to the Niners

Barkley would be to our offense was CMC is to the Niners and Aaron Jones is to the Packers offense.

If one is good (RB), why not two?  I know we'd be paying a lot of cap dollars to the RB room, but if there was ever a time to do it, the next 2-3 years is that time.

38 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Guess im higher on Barkley than most. Behind a decent OL and good scheme i think he'd be the consensus best back in the league along with CMC 

he's definitely up there.

CMC is just so unique in his pass catching ability above Barkley that I think he unlocked more in SF than he would have most places.

Barkley can catch the ball, no question.  But more of a make yards after the catch guy than a "get open" guy like CMC.

I like barkley but I don't see a way to fit him in GB

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I think he is wildly overrated because the Giants really stink.  It is hard for anyone to shine on that team. I look at that roster and don't understand how they win any games.  But they do.