Playoffs! Rd. 1 -Green Bay at Dallas- House Money Game

Refugee

3 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Don't fair catch not in the end zone. That's bad football.

haha, I think it depends on whether Nixon feels he can run past the 25, I think bad football is when ya take it out of the EZ when the blocking can't support it, some times it's wise just to take what the rules give ya.👍

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I think Dallas at home is a very, very good team.  

What we have going for us, is it that we tend to score more on the road than we do at home.

I'd be more confident if I didn't know that JRJ and Myers will be trying to block up Parsons.

But in the end, doesn't much matter to me.  I got my questions answered for the year.  No pressure when I watch the game, zero expectations, just entertainment.

Hopefully we play as loose and free as I intend on being as I watch the the game.

Not sure what to snack on, though.  Maybe buffalo walleye chunks.  

With gravy.

1 hour ago, turf toe said:

starting to freeze now, my Nephew caught these about a week ago on little bay de noc here in the U.P.  been to warm,  if this cold keeps up should be able to ice fish soon though, fresh perch deep fried is my fav.

We targeted perch through the ice once last year in Sturgeon Bay.  Caught about 50 of them (4 people).  Most were in that 11-12 inch range.  Couple pushed 13-14.  

We had one fresh meal of them and then I froze the next meal.

While I simply love eating fresh walleye, gotta say, the perch were even better.

May your lines be tight and not frozen!

• Like 1

If you're wondering what to expect this game -> 

1) Dallas are the best team in the league at throwing over the middle of the field

2) Green Bay is the worst team in the league at defending the middle of the field.

Unless we see some really special game plan to defend the CeeDee Lamb slants and other middle of the field plays, or a Mike McCarthy implosion where he runs the ball too much, or some miraculous pass rush miracles by the packers... this is gonna get ugly really really fast.

Which means, basically we need Love and the offense to score on every drive, because that's what I would expect from Dallas vs this pathetic defense.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

If you're wondering what to expect this game -> 

1) Dallas are the best team in the league at throwing over the middle of the field

2) Green Bay is the worst team in the league at defending the middle of the field.

Unless we see some really special game plan to defend the CeeDee Lamb slants and other middle of the field plays, or a Mike McCarthy implosion where he runs the ball too much, or some miraculous pass rush miracles by the packers... this is gonna get ugly really really fast.

Which means, basically we need Love and the offense to score on every drive, because that's what I would expect from Dallas vs this pathetic defense.

Lamb is the most prolific slot WR.

Nixon is among the most prolific slot defenders (giving up).

DAL offense bs GB defense is the biggest mismatch of the weekend on paper.

Just now, incognito_man said:

either they let jaire man up vs ceedee (if he plays) or they lose by a lot IMO.

14 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

From the little I've seen of the Dallas offense...Lamb just destroys zones, similar to how Jefferson does.  And Dak is really good (like Cousins) at throwing to open zones then letting the WR get there.

When Dak sees man, he's more likely to look deep first to Gallup, then he likes to check it down.  TE to RB.

Just my casual fan/armchair observations.

If we are to have success on defense, it's going to be about showing them one coverage, and switching to another.  

And really?  The Joe Barry'd defense may work well.  Invite them to run.  Hope a penalty stops it.  Just so long as we disguise those coverages.

• Like 1