Playoffs! Rd. 1 -Green Bay at Dallas- House Money Game

Refugee

36 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

Interesting thought, I know it was brought up in the gameday thread, but here it goes.  I dont trust our kicker.  Simply do not.  You know who has an excellent track record inside Jerry World?  Mason Crosby.  I would absolutely lose zero sleep if we made that move, and Id be a lot less nervous on field goals for this game.

Carlson better eat his Wheaties on game day....cause you wanna know a kicker other than Crosby that's done/doing well inside Jerry's World? Their current "doesnt miss a kick" FG kicker.

2 hours ago, Sandy said:

Dallas has the third worst strength of victory amongst the 14 playoff teams. This is winnable. 

Only Miami and Tampa did a better job of beating bad teams to get here.

Now talk about their point differential, the fact that they’ve won 17 or so games in a row at home going back the past two seasons, etc. They can only play who is on their schedule, and for some reason people want to use it as criticism despite the fact that they’ve more than taken care of business. It’s not like they’re just getting by - Dallas is obviously one of the better teams in the league.. and conversely, GB barely slipped into the playoffs. It’s not impossible for the Packers to win, but it would definitely be a major upset. 

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

Now talk about their point differential, the fact that they’ve won 17 or so games in a row at home going back the past two seasons, etc. They can only play who is on their schedule, and for some reason people want to use it as criticism despite the fact that they’ve more than taken care of business. It’s not like they’re just getting by - Dallas is obviously one of the better teams in the league.. and conversely, GB barely slipped into the playoffs. It’s not impossible for the Packers to win, but it would definitely be a major upset. 

we've spoken about their +/-.  After stating its 2nd in the league there's not much else to say.  Cowboys have done an excellent job completely thumping bad teams

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

No doubt I'll be hyped up during the game itself, but this is all gravy.  A win vs the Mac coached Cowboys would be amazing.  The downside to a win is that it would probably get Mac fired, while helping Barry's case to keep his job.

I HATE the Cowboys but am generally pro-Mac - I think he gets a raw deal in the media

The cherry on top of Dallas winning a SB would be that MM gets a second ring, Rodgers doesn't, which would surely drive Rodgers up a wall.

Edited by Mr Bad Example
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Feel like Packers/Lions fans are in a good spot with each other. visited michigan earlier this year, got talking to some folks about ball and they were cool.

Next year things start to get real battling for the north.

I'm from the UP so the fan split there is about half each for GB and Det.

Lions fans are just HAPPY. The team looks to be really good with a good coach and GM, so they feel like they're primed for a run. It's new so they (mostly) aren't obnoxious like Bears and Vikings fans.

I'm sure if they stay good, once they get over the honeymoon phase they'll become absolutely insufferable, just like we did around 98-99

Edited by Mr Bad Example
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I HATE the Cowboys but am generally pro-Mac - I think he gets a raw deal in the media

The cherry on top of Dallas winning a SB would be that MM gets a second ring, Rodgers doesn't, which would surely drive Rodgers up a wall.

Beat DAL

Hire MM as DC

MLF, MM and Love win 4 SBs in a row

Packers were 3-6 and coming off 5 straight losses when they beat the 6-2 Cowboys last year. I think a win this Sunday would be less of an upset than that despite what the point spread says.

Packers are 4-0 at AT&T Stadium. 5-0 if you include Super Bowl.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Clearly we should all be discussing how amazing the Cowboys are.

No. But it’s comical how obvious the anti Dallas bias is among media and NFL fandom. Constant moving of the goal posts, double standards, etc. You don’t have to find them amazing, but the general desire to be dismissive is amusing.

Just now, Brat&Beer said:

Packers were 3-6 and coming off 5 straight losses when they beat the 6-2 Cowboys last year. I think a win this Sunday would be less of an upset than that despite what the point spread says.

Packers are 4-0 at AT&T Stadium. 5-0 if you include Super Bowl.

The year is 2024.