Playoffs! Rd. 1 -Green Bay at Dallas- House Money Game

Refugee

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

So, the REAL America's Team, the Packers have to go to Dallas to play the faux america's team, the Cowgirls! 

Can't wait for playoff Dak to show up! 

I don’t really care who is or isn’t “America’s Team”. Dallas fans aren’t really the ones pushing the title, and the team itself certainly doesn’t. It’s simply media driven. 

Dak has arguably been the best QB in football this season.. questionable time to bring him up in any negative light. If you think he’s a weakness, you’re very incorrect. Let’s not generalize how the 49ers have had his number the past couple of years.. that has little to do with his play in general and little to with how you should expect him to perform against GB’s defense.

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

I don’t really care who is or isn’t “America’s Team”. Dallas fans aren’t really the ones pushing the title, and the team itself certainly doesn’t. It’s simply media driven. 

Dak has arguably been the best QB in football this season.. questionable time to bring him up in any negative light. If you think he’s a weakness, you’re very incorrect. Let’s not generalize how the 49ers have had his number the past couple of years.. that has little to do with his play in general and little to with how you should expect him to perform against GB’s defense.

2/1 TD/INT and his record is 2-4. 

He's never winning a Super Bowl! 

As for us, being in the playoffs is a bonus this year. We are playing with house money. I expect us to play free and loose, but we are young, the youngest team to ever make the playoffs. 

Two things I know for sure. If the Packers lose, everybody who posts here will still be here. If the Packers win, you will slither off into the abyss, never to be heard from again. 

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

I will certainly agree that as much as we might be unimpressed with McCarthy and Prescott come playoffs, we got our own liability here with Joe Barry so ... Yeah, can't get cocky there.

But I am still looking forward to this game because should have a lot of exciting plays and I think be highly competitive and entertaining.  I'd be thrilled if we won, but I won't be disappointed with a loss because I think we've already achieved a successful season with this young team.  A win here is just extra icing on the cake.

Now these next two years following this, oh yeah better believe expectations will be sky high here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

2/1 TD/INT and his record is 2-4. 

He's never winning a Super Bowl! 

As for us, being in the playoffs is a bonus this year. We are playing with house money. I expect us to play free and loose, but we are young, the youngest team to ever make the playoffs. 

Two things I know for sure. If the Packers lose, everybody who posts here will still be here. If the Packers win, you will slither off into the abyss, never to be heard from again. 

You’re citing team record, and also citing games from forever ago. For example, he was actually solid in his first ever playoff game as a rookie.. but lost. Still, that game was from 2016/ early 2017.. so who cares? 

Feel free to keep making up your own senseless narratives. It’s amusing that this is personal for you, for whatever reason. 

8 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

I will certainly agree that as much as we might be unimpressed with McCarthy and Prescott come playoffs, we got our own liability here with Joe Barry so ... Yeah, can't get cocky there.

But I am still looking forward to this game because should have a lot of exciting plays and I think be highly competitive and entertaining.  I'd be thrilled if we won, but I won't be disappointed with a loss because I think we've already achieved a successful season with this young team.  A win here is just extra icing on the cake.

Now these next two years following this, oh yeah better believe expectations will be sky high here.

See? Why can’t we have more posts like this? 
Personally I’m looking for a good game. It’s been interesting watching Love improve. I’ve seen a decent amount of GB games given that I live in Wisconsin. Personally, if I’m the Packers.. I come out swinging. Dallas is much better at playing with a lead. 

4 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:
6 hours ago, Sandy said:

Dallas has the third worst strength of victory amongst the 14 playoff teams. This is winnable. 

Only Miami and Tampa did a better job of beating bad teams to get here.

Now talk about their point differential, the fact that they’ve won 17 or so games in a row at home going back the past two seasons, etc. They can only play who is on their schedule, and for some reason people want to use it as criticism despite the fact that they’ve more than taken care of business. It’s not like they’re just getting by - Dallas is obviously one of the better teams in the league.. and conversely, GB barely slipped into the playoffs. It’s not impossible for the Packers to win, but it would definitely be a major upset. 

23 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Okay.. maybe see what I was replying to in the first place? I wasn’t demanding praise, I was making a point that their take was one sided. The point wasn’t to sing the praises of my team - it was simply to refute the idea of dismissing them because of being a team that is only where they are because of strength of schedule/ “playing bad teams”. I was simply advocating for context and an actual look at game performance.

what was said was not factually incorrect.   so you didn't like that stance on how Dallas has beaten up some bad teams in 2023.  here is the point differential vs teams finishing with winning/losing record.  Cumulative total of -10 vs winning record and 204 vs losing record.   CONTEXT on the point differential for Dallas

2023 2023
Differential vs Differential vs
winning record losing record
-10 204

If I hear house money one more time I swear.   The Packers are playing some really good ball.  Fully expect them to give Dallas all they can handle.  Not going to predict a win but wouldn't bet against the Pack either.  Won't shock me one bit if they go down there and beat them.   Now if they knock of San Francisco well then I'll be shocked.  Just watching this team reminds me a lot of 2010.  They are getting hot at the right time and have the look of a champion.  Not sayin' but just sayin'.  Packers are playing as well as any team in the NFC right now.  Anything can happen.  They may be young but they aren't playing that way.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

A win over DAL would mean a trip to SF.  Losing to DAL is one thing, but another humiliating playoff loss to SF might break me.

It's all about playoff experience.  It's a building block for next year.

• Like 3