Playoffs! Rd. 1 -Green Bay at Dallas- House Money Game

Refugee

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

Clearly we should all be discussing how amazing the Cowboys are.

Can we get Webby to change the subforum name to the Dallas Cowboys? Posters here are confused and prattling on about Green Bay

43 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

The general consensus amongst Packer fans is that making the playoffs this year wasn't expected, so everything is gravy or house money at this point.  On top of that most are expecting a loss, so again, what is your point?  Nobody is dismissing anything other than the premise that the Packers have 0 chance.  

The expectation is a loss.  

Not exactly the sentiments of the poster I was responding to lol.

Definitely wouldn’t give your team zero chance, though.

40 minutes ago, squire12 said:

easily ruffled feathers when anyone does not talk very glowingly about Dallas.   

I love how there are a group of posters on FF that can’t tell the difference between wanting praise for Dallas and simply having discussion about dismissiveness. I never go around demanding that people praise the team. Ever. You’re the ones who make it personal and get your feathers ruffled whenever there is anything less than Dallas hate being stated lol. Seriously, the bias couldn’t be more real with you, and making it about posters/ fans is pretty pathetic content. At least attempt to discuss the actual game.

1 hour ago, Isherwood said:

I’ll say this: if GB loses on Sunday, I hope Dallas goes all the way. I hate Jerruh, but I like Dak and I also love Big Mike and would relish seeing him win a ring without AR. It would also be funny to watch Jerry have to keep a guy he clearly would like to fire. 

If the Cowboys and the Bears were playing in the Super Bowl (I know it can't happen) I root for Armageddon to put us all out of our misery. That's how much I hate the Cowboys. Which is even more than the Bears. 

I'm sure after it happened, somewhere McCarthy would be saying, "we'll look at the film and get that cleaned up!" He's the WORST in game coach I've ever seen. 

2 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Now talk about their point differential, the fact that they’ve won 17 or so games in a row at home going back the past two seasons, etc. 

The above contradicts your claim below.

5 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

I love how there are a group of posters on FF that can’t tell the difference between wanting praise for Dallas and simply having discussion about dismissiveness. I never go around demanding that people praise the team. Ever. You’re the ones who make it personal and get your feathers ruffled whenever there is anything less than Dallas hate being stated lol. Seriously, the bias couldn’t be more real with you, and making it about posters/ fans is pretty pathetic content. At least attempt to discuss the actual game.

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

This forum getting introduced to NFZ is hilarious

Going into another teams forum and being sad about the lack of glowing posts about their upcoming opponent.  Tale as old as time

• Like 4

This will be the 9th meeting between the Packers and Dallas in the playoffs, equaling the 9 games played against the 49ers as the most against a single team in Packers playoff history. They have faced the Giants 8 times, no other team more than 4 times (Falcons and Seahawks). The playoff series is currently tied at 4 games apiece. Of the 9 games with Dallas 7 of them have been in Dallas counting the coming game on Sunday. 

I remember each of these games well. The Ice Bowl and the Dez Bryant catch/no catch game were the only two played in Green Bay. 

For me this game has a similar feel as the first Favre playoff game in Dallas after the '93 regular season. A young gunslinging QB leading a team inexperienced to playoff action against a heavily favored Dallas team. The Farve led team was a 13.5-point dog in that game, the Love led team is only a 7.5-point dog. The Favre led team covered the spread but lost the game 27-17.    

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Norm said:

This forum getting introduced to NFZ is hilarious

I still have them blocked except I don’t think it was from Dallas trolling, but another team. Gotta stay on brand and troll, troll, troll your boat… 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Gonna rack up some ignored list additions ha

Truth hurts. If someone would rather use the ignore function instead of dealing with rational football takes.. then so be it. I mean, are we really going to act like I came in here and said anything outlandish? It’s comical how people can’t handle any positive Cowboys discussion.. there’s a reason why Dallas fans don’t leave the Dallas sub on this forum.

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I still have them blocked except I don’t think it was from Dallas trolling, but another team. Gotta stay on brand and troll, troll, troll your boat… 

I would love for anyone to point out any troll posts that I have on this particular topic. I’ve barely said anything pro-Cowboys and it’s enough to shake up the entire thread lol. Genuinely amusing.

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

I would love for anyone to point out any troll posts that I have on this particular topic. I’ve barely said anything pro-Cowboys and it’s enough to shake up the entire thread lol. Genuinely amusing.

So, the REAL America's Team, the Packers have to go to Dallas to play the faux america's team, the Cowgirls! 

Can't wait for playoff Dak to show up! 

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

The above contradicts your claim below.

Okay.. maybe see what I was replying to in the first place? I wasn’t demanding praise, I was making a point that their take was one sided. The point wasn’t to sing the praises of my team - it was simply to refute the idea of dismissing them because of being a team that is only where they are because of strength of schedule/ “playing bad teams”. I was simply advocating for context and an actual look at game performance.