Playoffs! Rd. 1 -Green Bay at Dallas- House Money Game

Refugee

12 hours ago, coachbuns said:

You sir ... are a troll.  You come in here, offered you two cents worth and then are butt hurt with the results.  You sir ... are a good example why many folks dislike the Cowboys and their fans.

This is stupid. Imagine thinking it’s wrong to talk about football on a football forum.

Sorry (but not really) I didn’t come into this thread yelling “gO pAcK gO” like the average, dumb Wisconsin cheesehead. You people simply can’t handle an opinion that isn’t in support of your team and fanbase. I never even came in here saying anything outrageous or pointlessly critical of your team. It’s simple discussion and your forum can’t handle it. The hostility is pathetic.

Edited by NoFlyZone

Talking ball. If Love takes care of the rock, they're on the same tier as the Cowboys. The Cowboys have been much better at taking the ball away than the Packers, otherwise there's nothing they really do better. 

They definitely are better at getting the ball so just have to keep carrying the progress of this winning streak forward.

Our OL/MLF has been able to keep Love more clean than Dak and his. 

Very similar teams Statistically outside of those takeaways. Definitely have a shot if we take care of the ball. Turnover battle most important.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 2

On 1/9/2024 at 6:38 AM, squire12 said:

you wanted talk about Dal point differential

the numbers are the point differential for Dal games each week.  I redid the table below to help you out.  sorry for making an assumption that a fan of Dallas would be able to figure out the numbers connected to games.    I am not putting stock into any specific game, but the whole 17 games, hence why I listed them all

why are you now shifting to focus on GB?  you wanted talk about Dallas' point differential.  Does it get tiring moving the goalposts so often??

2023 2023
  Differential vs Differential vs
  winning record losing record
total -10 204
NYG   40
NYJ   20
ARI   -12
NE   35
SF -32  
LAC   3
LAR 23  
PHI -5  
NYG   32
CAR   23
WAS   35
SEA 6  
PHI 20  
BUF -21  
MIA -2  
DET 1  
WAS   28

You posted a bunch of random numbers with literally zero labeling - that’s on you. It’s not my job to clearly make your own point. I still spoke to your overall point. Meanwhile you ignored my entire post to keep making personal attacks over a football opinion. You ignored the point I made explaining the point differential that you’re clinging to. You aren’t worth my time. Do yourself a favor and never speak about the intelligence of others. At the very least have an honest grasp of your own reading level before you do that. Your answers are literally within the post you quoted - go back and read (slowly) so I don’t need to constantly rehash it for you. 

Edited by NoFlyZone

19 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

...If Love takes care of the rock, they're on the same tier as the Cowboys. The Cowboys have been much better at taking the ball away than the Packers, ......   Very similar teams Statistically outside of those takeaways. Definitely have a shot if we take care of the ball. Turnover battle most important.

This is a great point. Very unlikely to be able to win with a turnover disadvantage. 

Chargers-Lions-Chiefs, those were all turnover-advantage wins.  Was Bears the first win without being turnover-neutral or turnover-advantaged?  

26 minutes ago, craig said:

This is a great point. Very unlikely to be able to win with a turnover disadvantage. 

Chargers-Lions-Chiefs, those were all turnover-advantage wins.  Was Bears the first win without being turnover-neutral or turnover-advantaged?  

Saints game was a minus 1 and Rams was neutral.

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

You posted a bunch of random numbers with literally zero labeling - that’s on you. It’s not my job to clearly make your own point. I still spoke to your overall point. Meanwhile you ignored my entire post to keep making personal attacks over a football opinion. You ignored the point I made explaining the point differential that you’re clinging to. You aren’t worth my time. Do yourself a favor and never speak about the intelligence of others. At the very least have an honest grasp of your own reading level before you do that. Your answers are literally within the post you quoted - go back and read (slowly) so I don’t need to constantly rehash it for you. 

Literally every single other person here gets it. 

You're the only one who can't figure it out. 

And you're lecturing us about intelligence.

• Like 8

On 1/8/2024 at 3:31 PM, Sandy said:

Dallas has the third worst strength of victory amongst the 14 playoff teams. This is winnable. 

Only Miami and Tampa did a better job of beating bad teams to get here.

someone posted about Dallas having the 3rd worst strength of victory among the playoff field. 

On 1/8/2024 at 5:40 PM, NoFlyZone said:

Now talk about their point differential, the fact that they’ve won 17 or so games in a row at home going back the past two seasons, etc. They can only play who is on their schedule, and for some reason people want to use it as criticism despite the fact that they’ve more than taken care of business. It’s not like they’re just getting by - Dallas is obviously one of the better teams in the league.. and conversely, GB barely slipped into the playoffs. It’s not impossible for the Packers to win, but it would definitely be a major upset. 

you didn't like that commentary as it didn't highlight your view of your team and wanted to discuss the point differential

On 1/8/2024 at 10:24 PM, squire12 said:

what was said was not factually incorrect.   so you didn't like that stance on how Dallas has beaten up some bad teams in 2023.  here is the point differential vs teams finishing with winning/losing record.  Cumulative total of -10 vs winning record and 204 vs losing record.   CONTEXT on the point differential for Dallas

2023 2023
-10 204

I posted the the point differential for dallas vs both teams that finished with winning records and those with non winning records.  I went too far in thinking that you would get the games in chronological order, that was an error on my part for thinking you would get that piece

On 1/9/2024 at 1:06 AM, NoFlyZone said:

What are these numbers even suppose to represent? They aren't labeled as anything lol. As far as point differential against winning teams in general goes, though.. obviously that is going to be heavily swayed by their two worst games of the season. 10-42 early in the season against the 49ers with an offense that was still finding itself with a new coordinator/ play caller/ scheme change. 10-31 against a Bills team that had their backs against the wall. That's a total of 20-73 just in those two games.. with both of those being on the road. Keep in mind that Dallas will be at home vs GB, where they haven't lost since week one of the 2022 season. You might as well cherry pick a team's worst look of the season and use that to define them if we're going to illogically roll with point differential splits here. You say you're looking at context, but you really aren't. A team shouldn't be solely defined by their two worst performances of the season out of a 17 game sample size.. especially since one of those performances was early while the team was figuring out a scheme change and then clearly figured it out after their bye -- pretty sure they were the leader for PPG following their bye till the end of the season. 

I mean, if you're going to put so much stock into one or two games from the regular season, you might as well look back at how the Packers barely survived the worst team in the league on Christmas Eve.. after losing to the Bucs by multiple scores the week prior.. and you might as well look at how they barely survived the woeful NYG (a team Dallas trounced twice) by two points the week before that. Even their last contest against Chicago was extremely mediocre at best. If you're going to try and dismiss Dallas or bring them down a notch based on 1-2 performances out of a 17 game sample size at least consider a little more context for GB. No team gets put under the microscope like Dallas does.

you claim you don't really know what the numbers mean, yet still feel like moving the goalposts to add a mess of how Dallas faired in specific games which ironically leads back to the Strength of victory point that was originally made

On 1/9/2024 at 6:38 AM, squire12 said:

you wanted talk about Dal point differential

the numbers are the point differential for Dal games each week.  I redid the table below to help you out.  sorry for making an assumption that a fan of Dallas would be able to figure out the numbers connected to games.    I am not putting stock into any specific game, but the whole 17 games, hence why I listed them all

why are you now shifting to focus on GB?  you wanted talk about Dallas' point differential.  Does it get tiring moving the goalposts so often??

2023 2023
total -10 204
NYG   40
NYJ   20
ARI   -12
NE   35
SF -32  
LAC   3
LAR 23  
PHI -5  
NYG   32
CAR   23
WAS   35
SEA 6  
PHI 20  
BUF -21  
MIA -2  
DET 1  
WAS   28

here is the game correlation for you

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

your entire point and post is that you want the fans of your team's opponent to talk very highly of your team and take issue with any negative comment.  it is tiresome that you feel the need to play the martyr

• Like 2

This is what it comes down to IMO. I think Love and the offense will do their part. Defensively, it's all about pressure and disruption for the Packers. We absolutely need Gary to have a superstar performance, with other guys helping out as well (Clark, Wyatt, Smith and others). If this turns out to be another Giants performance where our pass rush disappears, the Cowboys will hang 35-40 on us. We are paying Gary to show up and show out in games like this. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

This is what it comes down to IMO. I think Love and the offense will do their part. Defensively, it's all about pressure and disruption for the Packers. We absolutely need Gary to have a superstar performance, with other guys helping out as well (Clark, Wyatt, Smith and others). If this turns out to be another Giants performance where our pass rush disappears, the Cowboys will hang 35-40 on us. We are paying Gary to show up and show out in games like this. 

I'd Add Brooks to the Gang Gary group to, he was awesome last week, I agree, if they get after Prescott hard Love and our offense will do the rest.

now onto a Cowboys forum, we Pack Fans also know how to troll a opponents chat room lol.

Edited by turf toe