Playoffs! Rd. 1 -Green Bay at Dallas- House Money Game

Refugee

I’ll say this: if GB loses on Sunday, I hope Dallas goes all the way. I hate Jerruh, but I like Dak and I also love Big Mike and would relish seeing him win a ring without AR. It would also be funny to watch Jerry have to keep a guy he clearly would like to fire. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

we've spoken about their +/-.  After stating it’s 2nd in the league there's not much else to say.  Cowboys have done an excellent job completely thumping bad teams

As they should, because they’re a strong team. It’s not a reason to be dismissive. No one is acting like Dallas is unbeatable, but that doesn’t mean the analysis of “meh, this is winnable” says much. The Cowboys aren’t the Vikings sans Kirk or the Chicago Bears. 

13 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

As they should, because they’re a strong team. It’s not a reason to be dismissive. No one is acting like Dallas is unbeatable, but that doesn’t mean the analysis of “meh, this is winnable” says much. The Cowboys aren’t the Vikings sans Kirk or the Chicago Bears. 

I have no idea what your point is

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

If there is a dull silver lining to losing vs DAL, it's that I "think" GB would be an attractive landing spot for the available DC candidates.

I'll be pretty bummed out if we stick with Barry.

Pass rush should be a solid selling point for us though. Who doesn't want a line full of dudes who can get after it.

Just now, HighCalebR said:

I'll be pretty bummed out if we stick with Barry.

Pass rush should be a solid selling point for us though. Who doesn't want a line full of dudes who can get after it.

Any DC replacing Barry knows the GB offense will be scoring points, and all they have to do is hold up their end.  It has to be maddening for a DC when they are paired with an offense that can't score.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

I have no idea what your point is

Give it a 2nd read. Follow the quotes back if you need context. It’s a simple matter of not being dismissive of a team purely off of SOS. It’s just contextless analysis that means little to nothing by itself. 

2 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Give it a 2nd read. Follow the quotes back if you need context. It’s a simple matter of not being dismissive of a team purely off of SOS. It’s just contextless analysis that means little to nothing by itself. 

The general consensus amongst Packer fans is that making the playoffs this year wasn't expected, so everything is gravy or house money at this point.  On top of that most are expecting a loss, so again, what is your point?  Nobody is dismissing anything other than the premise that the Packers have 0 chance.  

The expectation is a loss.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

We're gonna kill the Cowboys 100-nothing. The Packers are just winners. That's what they do. The Cowboys are the NFL equivalent of used car salesmen. Bums.

No offense to used car salesmen. I appreciate the hustle.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 7

Who was the poster who was describing Barry as someone who knows how to defend against Mahomes but not against Timmy the JV Quarterback?

I want Barry gone as much as the next guy, but his defenses do seem to play well against upper tier QBs.  There's an outside chance the D plays better in the playoffs than in the regular season.  Don't see much of a path to victory here, but it's been percolating in my mind for a while.