2024 Titans HC Coaching Search

KingTitan

5 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

If the Bills flame out early I'd bet they go for Vrabel. He fits them. He's beaten them consistently. And they would likely love his style of play in Buffalo.

Vrabel is built for a veteran team. He doesn't have the patience for rookies. 

He'd likely have to be with a playoff team needing trying to get over the edge. 

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Vrabel is built for a veteran team. He doesn't have the patience for rookies. 

He'd likely have to be with a playoff team needing trying to get over the edge. 

I don't think its that. Good rookies have played right away.

I don't think he has patience for guys that aren't his. The players whose ability/toughness he can't personally vouch for. I think that's why he wanted his own personnel man. I think JRob and Ran have probably given him plenty of draft picks and FA's that, if he had control, definitely wouldn't have been TItans. I think he has little  patience for those players.

Plus when the GM is consistently giving you dog crap rookies... can you really blame him?

4 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

I don't think its that. Good rookies have played right away.

I don't think he has patience for guys that aren't his. The players whose ability/toughness he can't personally vouch for. I think that's why he wanted his own personnel man. I think JRob and Ran have probably given him plenty of draft picks and FA's that, if he had control, definitely wouldn't have been TItans. I think he has little  patience for those players.

Plus when the GM is consistently giving you dog crap rookies... can you really blame him?

As I said before, J Rob deserves a large portion of blame for the state of the roster but Vrabel isn’t completely blameless like so many think. Remember how Josh Reynolds couldn’t somehow get PT over Marcus Johnson and Chester Rogers. Or how Vrabes was shading David Long about his injuries only for him to go play all 17 games on his new team.

I think it’s a scary thing to have him have full roster control and it may hamper him in these coaching hires if that’s something he requires on his new team.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

As I said before, J Rob deserves a large portion of blame for the state of the roster but Vrabel isn’t completely blameless like so many think. Remember how Josh Reynolds couldn’t somehow get PT over Marcus Johnson and Chester Rogers. Or how Vrabes was shading David Long about his injuries only for him to go play all 17 games on his new team.

I think it’s a scary thing to have him have full roster control and it may hamper him in these coaching hires if that’s something he requires on his new team.

dennis daley playing all season despite dillon radunz clearly being better (still quite bad lmao…but obviously better based on his play this year, and that’s coming off a torn ACL!), putting faith in guys like jack gibbens and aaron brewer who clearly aren’t starting nfl players, making kyle phillips a healthy scratch right as he started looking like levis’s go-to guy behind hopkins…no shortage of truly baffling personnel decisions

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

dennis daley playing all season despite dillon radunz clearly being better (still quite bad lmao…but obviously better based on his play this year, and that’s coming off a torn ACL!), putting faith in guys like jack gibbens and aaron brewer who clearly aren’t starting nfl players, making kyle phillips a healthy scratch right as he started looking like levis’s go-to guy behind hopkins…no shortage of truly baffling personnel decisions

Exactly. Yes, the roster wasn’t good. Vrabel also didn’t help himself with personnel decisions over the past couple of years either. That’s why it somewhat annoys me when so many act like Vrabel is a victim and has no fault of his own in us being in the position we were the past couple of years.

28 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Digging deeper Vrabel looks worst and worst with his insistence of having the roster. 

Hearing he wanted Dillard. 

He wanted to bring back Dennis Kelly. He wanted "his" guys. 

6 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Exactly. Yes, the roster wasn’t good. Vrabel also didn’t help himself with personnel decisions over the past couple of years either. That’s why it somewhat annoys me when so many act like Vrabel is a victim and has no fault of his own in us being in the position we were the past couple of years.

Vrabel had more say than people know. The roster looking like it did this year, he had an hand in all that. 

Yea Vrabel personnel decisions never made sense. Not finding a way to use Josh Reynolds is still mind blowing till this day lol, he was trotting Chester.. even this year with Dowell over Philips and even Gipson barely playing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

So guess there never was any Vrabel to New England connection, so whoever stirred those rumors and made everyone think that's why he wanted out here has egg on their face.

For me it starts to feel like he wasn't happy and was leaking a little bit of this and that.

He thought maybe he was in stronger with Amy than he realized also. Rude awakening to know she wasn't as happy with him as he thought.