2024 Titans HC Coaching Search

KingTitan

30 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

This is an interesting thought process, especially if we go with a defensive guy. Or if we go Callahan and he wants a guy to call plays. Is a McVay disciple and coached Levis in his breakout 2021 season at UK.

Some radio guy suggested that today too. 

Edited by KingTitan

I'm having doubts about Callahan. Studying the offense more. It's more reliant on talent opposed to scheme. 

I want an updated scheme that gets people open consistently.

Lion's Johnson and Texans Slowik seem to be the best in that regard. 

37 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm having doubts about Callahan. Studying the offense more. It's more reliant on talent opposed to scheme. 

It's not even Callahan's offense, it's Taylor's.

Whether you view that as a positive or a negative is another thing I suppose.

50 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

That O line aint talented.

i always respect james’ analysis on this stuff though kafka tier 2 and slowik tier 4 are big curveballs to me. he also says in the replies that he’d put vrabel in tier 3/4 lol which i also found surprising- he never seemed like one of vrabel’s bigger critics.

I wonder if Callahan would bring Troy Walter’s with him. He’s Bengals current WR coach but has experience as an OC in college and looks like all of his offenses put up decent numbers. Bring him in as OC /WR coach 

41 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i always respect james’ analysis on this stuff though kafka tier 2 and slowik tier 4 are big curveballs to me. he also says in the replies that he’d put vrabel in tier 3/4 lol which i also found surprising- he never seemed like one of vrabel’s bigger critics.

The more I think of and look into Kafka the more I like him. He has done some amazing stuff in terms of play design and scheming players open with the Giants. He also comes from KC and seems to have taken alot of what Reid does and incorporate it in his play calling. Some of the Magic he has worked with DJ and that offense is pretty promising. Supposedly the guy has the tools upstairs. As far as leading a group of men, who knows. But he is more interesting than I initially thought.

Also when you look at Slowik's talent pool as a play caller, I could understand why it would give someone pause. It's hard to judge. I feel like people want a bigger sample size with Slowik. Idk, man, picking a head coach is tough. Who the hell knows. Lets hope behind closed doors we are asking the right questions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

First time hearing his name

fisch has done an amazing job at arizona- if i were a fan of a college team trying to poach him i'd be all for it. jumping up to an nfl head coaching job, though? not so sure about that. plus it's well-known that fisch's dream job is the university of florida, and billy napier could be out of there as soon as next season. i'm doubtful he ends up here.