2024 Titans HC Coaching Search

KingTitan

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

hopefully we talk to both soon

I just saw that.. I thought they couldn’t interview until after the divisional round.. hopefully we interview and they don’t decline to focus on the game 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

I know I was a staunch supporter of Vrabel and still think he's a great HC. I also think that Tim Kelly is a decent-to-good OC.

All that said and after watching the playoffs so far, we truly only won games "one way" under Vrabel. Every win was a close, grind it out affair because of how he wanted to play every. single. game.

There was a method to the madness until it was no longer possible, but we just kept trying the same sh** every Sunday. Vrabel wants a slow, plodding football team, and I'm excited at the possibility to bring in a younger offensive mind who (hopefully) prioritizes getting great athletes on the field and the ball in their hands.

😩😭 I love you my boy 

On field coach Vrabel is one of the best in the league. It's just his ideology of offense is awful unless you have a prime Derrick Henry and a very good oline. Even then you still can't expect to just do that every game. 

I think Ben Johnson is top of my list

1. Ben Johnson

2. Bobby Slowik

3. Brian Callahan

4. Mike MacDonald

5. Antonio Pierce

Detroit's offense was as bad in the second half as it was good in the first half last night. LAR started getting home and Goff started playing shaky. 

Not necessarily a comment on Johnson as much as acknowledging how even the best OCs get their hands tied when they start losing in the trenches. 

Crazy fact to look at, we all can agree when Dan Quinn was good as a HC he was carried by Kyle Shanahan. Kyle pretty much owns Quinn whenever they play against 1 another he knows that defense, his play calling tendencies. Now with that being said guess who was the QB’s coach on the ATL falcons SB roster 😮‍💨😖. This is why we need a OC as a HC but a dam good 1 

Can feel whatever way about any coach, but anyone who is in or out on a coach based off a single game, even one as bad as Dan Quinn's unit just had, needs to rethink how they evaluate things. Cause then you might as well look at Slowik's offenses only putting up 9 points vs Dan Quinn's defense, or only 6 points against the Jets, or Ben Johnson's offense only putting up 6 on Baltimore and 13 on Chicago.

Not much sense in spiraling on a candidate due to individual game performances.

8 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Can feel whatever way about any coach, but anyone who is in or out on a coach based off a single game, even one as bad as Dan Quinn's unit just had, needs to rethink how they evaluate things. Cause then you might as well look at Slowik's offenses only putting up 9 points vs Dan Quinn's defense, or only 6 points against the Jets, or Ben Johnson's offense only putting up 6 on Baltimore and 13 on Chicago.

Not much sense in spiraling on a candidate due to individual game performances.

You didn’t listen to anything I said, I wasn’t speaking on Quinn overall as a coach at all, I was speaking on how Kyle Shannahan made him as a HC, how he knows that Defense inside & out & his play calling tendencies & How Matt Leflur was the QB coach on that falcons team that went to the SB, therefore I believe he too felt pretty good coming up with a game plan vs Dan Quinn. I was speaking from a perspective how his assistants got him figured out, wasn’t speaking on him as a coaching candidate far as a coaching candidate;  
I was never in on Quinn from the jump I said he’s a vrabel he’s only as good as his coordinator. I want a coach that can call his own plays for once. 

2 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

You didn’t listen to anything I said, I wasn’t speaking on Quinn overall as a coach at all, I was speaking on how Kyle Shannahan made him as a HC, how he knows that Defense inside & out & his play calling tendencies & How Matt Leflur was the QB coach on that falcons team that went to the SB, therefore I believe he too felt pretty good coming up with a game plan vs Dan Quinn. I was speaking from a perspective how his assistants got him figured out, wasn’t speaking on him as a coaching candidate far as a coaching candidate;  
I was never in on Quinn from the jump I said he’s a vrabel he’s only as good as his coordinator. I want a coach that can call his own plays for once. 

I wasn't even referring to you specifically, if I were, I would have quoted you. Just the general comment that multiple people have made(here, elsewhere on this forum, twitter, etc) that somehow a single bad game is a reason to be out on a coach.

8 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I wasn't even referring to you specifically, if I were, I would have quoted you. Just the general comment that multiple people have made(here, elsewhere on this forum, twitter, etc) that somehow a single bad game is a reason to be out on a coach.

My bad 💪🏽

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Detroit's offense was as bad in the second half as it was good in the first half last night. LAR started getting home and Goff started playing shaky. 

Not necessarily a comment on Johnson as much as acknowledging how even the best OCs get their hands tied when they start losing in the trenches. 

We all know you can be the best HC and best offensive coordinator in the world but if your offensive line sucks then ultimately your offence is going to suck. It all starts with a good o line. Hell, I’d take an average one right now. This isn’t me saying the Lions have a poor o line because they’re very good it’s just a generic statement and one that at the minute is killing us. 

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I think we do need to remember no fan base is totally happy with their OC. 

Pretty sure we could hire Bill Walsh and people would hate him by game 2. Lol 

But yeah I think it's key to remember down spins will happen regardless of the offensive genius we hire. 

16 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

You see this and you can understand why AAS is so adamant about collaboration from the HC/GM and sharing one vision. This is what that looks like when done right.

Yeah I agree. I won’t lie I’m also really pleased for Jared Goff. 

On 1/13/2024 at 8:28 PM, KingTitan said:

I believe you were one of the loudest critics of Robinson. It might have been the icing on the cake but from the reports we heard, Robinson was not fitting into what Amy wanted and he was trying to be a singular voice.

I think there was more evidence pointing to why Robinson was let go. To think that game was the main reason, I think would be far fetched. 

The Vrabel stuff comes from multiple reports and trusted reporters. All released may not be accurate but it's close to the truth than not. 

I was and I wanted him gone. 

That doesn’t mean that it isn’t an emotional reaction to can him in-season, 8 months after extending him, when the player he traded just roasted the team.

Letting him go at the end of the season accomplished the same thing.

I’m starting to move more towards preferring Callahan to Slowik.

Both have good resumes, and Slowik looks more like the wunderkind, but I also don’t know how many assistants Slowik would be able to convince to come with him.

Callahan has been there longer, and would probably be able to grab higher level guys to bring with him. Like his dad for OL. And of course, he brings with him experience running an effective offense with a ****ty OL.

Ben Johnson still probably top choice though.

• Like 1