The Playoffs, and now the Super Bowl!

vike daddy

6 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I’m just there to watch the game at this point. All the other media stuff is nonsense and has been for awhile. Haven’t watched a pre or post game show in ages.

I have come to the point, that while I love the Vikings, I pretty much despise the modern NFL.  

The 49ers’ win over the Packers on Saturday night means they’ll be in the NFC Championship Game for the 19th time, the most times any NFL team has appeared in a conference championship.

Starting with the 1970 AFL-NFL merger, this year will mark the 54th AFC and NFC Championship Games, and no team has been in as many conference championships as the 49ers. San Francisco played in the first two NFC Championship Games, then played in five in the 1980s, five in the 1990s, three in a row after the 2011-2013 seasons, and has now been in four of the last five.

The Steelers, who have played in 16 AFC Championship Games, have appeared in the second-most conference championships, followed by the Patriots with 15 and the Cowboys with 14.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/49ers-advance-to-their-19th-nfc-championship-game-in-franchise-history

LaFleur:  “It stings. Part of the reason it stings so bad right now is we fully believed and fully expected to win this game. Give San Francisco credit, they made more plays in some of those critical situations down the stretch. It’s a tough football team. But I felt like we had plenty of opportunities to put the game out of reach and unfortunately just didn’t do enough. It’s never one play. I’m sure a lot of it’s going to come down to the missed field goal, but there’s plenty of opportunities. Go back in the first half and have three red zone opportunities and have six points. There’s a lot of plays out there that if one play goes different we probably have a different result right now.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/matt-lafleur-it-stings-because-we-fully-expected-to-win-this-game

4 hours ago, vike daddy said:

LaFleur:  “It stings. Part of the reason it stings so bad right now is we fully believed and fully expected to win this game. Give San Francisco credit, they made more plays in some of those critical situations down the stretch. It’s a tough football team. But I felt like we had plenty of opportunities to put the game out of reach and unfortunately just didn’t do enough. It’s never one play. I’m sure a lot of it’s going to come down to the missed field goal, but there’s plenty of opportunities. Go back in the first half and have three red zone opportunities and have six points. There’s a lot of plays out there that if one play goes different we probably have a different result right now.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/matt-lafleur-it-stings-because-we-fully-expected-to-win-this-game

r8zA7W.gif

• Like 3

Gibbs is the real deal . . . Good games this weekend.    Glad to see the 49ers knock the Pack out, but that was no slouch game.

Also proces why you don't fire a coach as he's developing a team.   I hope KOC and Flores get 2 more years together to build the offense and defense.   

17 hours ago, Captain Relax said:

I have come to the point, that while I love the Vikings, I pretty much despise the modern NFL.  

Agreed. I pretty much only watch the Vikings, NFL draft and the playoffs. The NFL as an organization is becoming unbearable. 

• Like 2

Hoping for the Lions to win it all. As much as it would sting me to see Detroit win a Super Bowl before us, it would also, hopefully, force the Vikings to do some self-reflection. 

Thinking it’s going to be Lions Vs Chiefs Super Bowl. 

Anyone else believe in the conspiracies? That the color of the Super Bowl art, is a clue to who is going to be there? 

People have been saying Ravens vs 49ers for a while. What do you all think?  Any of you conspiracy believers?

The AFC Championship Game will be the 17th postseason game of Patrick Mahomes’ career, meaning that Mahomes has effectively played another full season in the playoffs. And in that other full season, Mahomes has put up MVP numbers.

In the 16 postseason games that Mahomes has started so far, the Chiefs are 13-3.

Mahomes has thrown for 4,561 passing yards in his 16 career postseason games. That would have been the third-most yards in the league in the 2023 season — and both of the quarterbacks who passed for more yards than that in 2023 did so only in their 17th game.

In his 16 postseason games, Mahomes has thrown 38 touchdown passes. That’s more than any quarterback threw in 17 games in the 2023 regular season. And Mahomes has just seven interceptions in the playoffs.

Mahomes has completed 66.8 percent of his passes in the postseason, and his postseason passer rating is 106.7. Those are both even better than his career regular-season numbers.

Mahomes has been the NFL’s best regular-season player over the last six seasons. He’s even better in the playoffs.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/patrick-mahomes-playoff-career-13-3-record-4-561-yards-38-touchdowns-7-interceptions

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

The AFC Championship Game will be the 17th postseason game of Patrick Mahomes’ career, meaning that Mahomes has effectively played another full season in the playoffs. And in that other full season, Mahomes has put up MVP numbers.

In the 16 postseason games that Mahomes has started so far, the Chiefs are 13-3.

Mahomes has thrown for 4,561 passing yards in his 16 career postseason games. That would have been the third-most yards in the league in the 2023 season — and both of the quarterbacks who passed for more yards than that in 2023 did so only in their 17th game.

In his 16 postseason games, Mahomes has thrown 38 touchdown passes. That’s more than any quarterback threw in 17 games in the 2023 regular season. And Mahomes has just seven interceptions in the playoffs.

Mahomes has completed 66.8 percent of his passes in the postseason, and his postseason passer rating is 106.7. Those are both even better than his career regular-season numbers.

Mahomes has been the NFL’s best regular-season player over the last six seasons. He’s even better in the playoffs.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/patrick-mahomes-playoff-career-13-3-record-4-561-yards-38-touchdowns-7-interceptions

I know it's still early in his career, but Mahomes is the most talented QB ever!  I just wish he would do fewer commercials. He's turning into Peyton Manning. 

6 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

I know it's still early in his career, but Mahomes is the most talented QB ever!  I just wish he would do fewer commercials. He's turning into Peyton Manning. 

Can’t really blame him for that if there’s money to be made. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Morlee said:

Hoping for the Lions to win it all. As much as it would sting me to see Detroit win a Super Bowl before us, it would also, hopefully, force the Vikings to do some self-reflection. 

Thinking it’s going to be Lions Vs Chiefs Super Bowl. 

Anyone else believe in the conspiracies? That the color of the Super Bowl art, is a clue to who is going to be there? 

People have been saying Ravens vs 49ers for a while. What do you all think?  Any of you conspiracy believers?

My conspiracy is that the news station that put the 49er- Ravens super bowl did it to put themselves on the map