The Playoffs, and now the Super Bowl!

vike daddy

4 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Let’s pause of the Vikings resurgence for now. We currently have a QB coming off a major injury and likely to gain a big-overpriced  contract if retained, a medium draft pick and our top defender available for anyone. 

I agree with most of this, except for the Cousins getting an overpriced contract. If he comes back, it won't be overpriced.

Monday night’s game was Jason Kelce’s last. Kelce told teammates in the locker room after the Eagles lost to the Buccaneers that he is going to retire, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

The 36-year-old Kelce declined to talk to reporters after the game, but he appeared emotional as he walked off the field, and he has mused about retiring before, so it’s no surprise that he has decided to call it a career.

Kelce is set to become an unrestricted free agent in March, and if he has a change of heart and wants to play he could sign with the Eagles or anyone else, but it appears that he has decided he’s done.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-jason-kelce-told-teammates-he-is-retiring

Not surprising.  I imagine his brother will still be going for at least 2 more years (which would match Jason's age now), but he's going to be nearing the end then too.  We'll have to see how the Chiefs can survive after that...they've basically gone back to back with HOF TEs (a few years in-between the two however)...and while Rashee Rice looks to be a good WR, I don't think they have much outside of that right now. 

• Like 1

The four home teams are favored in the divisional round of the NFL playoffs.

The heaviest favorite is in San Francisco, where the 49ers are favored by 10 over the Packers. Green Bay is the first No. 7 seed to advance to the divisional round, so it’s no surprise that the Packers are big underdogs, even after their impressive win in Dallas on Sunday.

The Ravens are nine-point favorites over the Texans, a reflection of the fact that they’ve been the most dominant team in the NFL all season -- starting in Week One, when they beat the Texans 25-9.

The Lions are six-point favorites over the Buccaneers. Detroit benefits from home field advantage and an extra day of rest, and the Lions also beat the Bucs 20-6 in the regular season, at Tampa Bay.

The closest game, according to the oddsmakers, is Chiefs-Bills, with Buffalo a three-point home favorite. Three points was the Bills’ winning margin when the Bills won at Kansas City in Week 14, in the game featuring the infamous Kadarius Toney offside penalty that wiped off what appeared to be the winning touchdown.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/49ers-favored-by-10-ravens-by-9-lions-by-6-bills-by-3-in-divisional-round

Divisional Round

Saturday, January 20, 2024
4:30 p.m. Houston at Baltimore (ABC, ESPN)
8 p.m. Green Bay at San Francisco (Fox)

Sunday, January 21, 2024
3 p.m. Tampa Bay at Detroit (NBC, Peacock, Universo)
6:30 p.m. Kansas City at Buffalo (CBS, Paramount+)

all times EST, i assume.

12 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I really dislike Philly fans...

They’re the worst in all of sports. Amazing if you’re winning but look out if you’re not. Remember how they acted to our fans in 2017 and especially last year to the SF fans? Believe me I understand supporting your team but in the end this is a game. Many of these so called adults could use a stint in the military to teach them some manners since it’s obvious that their parents didn’t! 

• Like 2

Detroit fans haven’t seen a divisional round playoff game in 32 years, and they’re willing to pay a pretty penny to be there on Sunday. The average ticket price on the secondary market for Sunday’s Buccaneers-Lions game is $1,186, according to TickPick.com. That blows away any price for any divisional round playoff game, ever.

The highest-priced divisional round game previously was last year’s 49ers-Cowboys game in Dallas at $605, or about half the price of this year’s Lions game, according to Kyle Meinke of MLive.com.

Currently the cheapest seat available anywhere inside Ford Field on Sunday is more than $700.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/sundays-game-in-detroit-is-the-most-expensive-divisional-round-ticket-ever