The Playoffs, and now the Super Bowl!

vike daddy

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

It's insane how quickly the Texans turned it around after being the joke franchise

Lots of early picks and getting rid of a head case at QB and Carolina taking the wrong QB! It all really came together for them. 

• Like 1

Well, now that the Browns are done, I have no rooting interest in the remainder of the teams in the playoffs.  KC, Pittsburgh, and Miami beat the Vikings in the Super Bowl so can't root for them. I am really tired of Buffalo and San Fran...can't root for them.  Dallas and the Drew Pearson push off...hate the Cowboys...hate the city...hate the airport!!!  Houston...the McNair family...can't pull for them.  The Rams have moved too many times...can't root for them.  Philadelphia...the fans boo Santa Claus...so pulling for that team is impossible. Detroit and Green Bay are divisional foes...can't root for them.  That leaves Baltimore...we had purple uniforms first...can't root for them.  Somebody tell me when the Super Bowlnis over so I can really start thinking about the off season.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i'm not watching the HOU/CLE game. just checking in here and there.

does CLE's ineptitude today say anything about Stefanski, or are the players failing to execute good coaching plans?

I think it's all the offensive injuries...and Flacco throwing interceptions.

On 1/11/2024 at 9:56 AM, wcblack34 said:

-5 doesn’t feel different than -40. -40 just kills you faster. 

Ummmm, I totally disagree🤣   Every 20-deg in temperature change, to me, has a feel to it.   Only once in my life have I witnessed 61-below 0 . . . Clear AFS in 2003.   Three days of dead calm and clear skies; that cold dropped in and shut things down.   I've been in extended periods of 40-below, and everytime it rapidly jumped to 0, it was light clothing time.   Then, ya acclimate and bundle up more . . . Until it hits 20 above . . . And so on.  

The difference between Fairbanks and what's happening across the Great Plains is wind . . . Being an Eastern SD farm boy originally, wind chill is worse than?????   (Insert something inappropriate here😂)

The Cheifs Dolphins game will be brutal conditions.  

• Like 2

Quarterback C.J. Stroud was excellent in his postseason debut, completing 16-of-21 passes for 274 yards with three touchdowns and a passer rating of 157.2 — just below the maximum of 158.3. With the game well out of reach, head coach DeMeco Ryans inserted Davis Mills into the game midway through the fourth quarter.

Stroud’s three touchdowns tied a playoff rookie record. He also became the first first-round rookie to win a playoff game since Mark Sanchez in 2009.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/texans-dominate-browns-45-14-advance-to-divisional-round

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Quarterback C.J. Stroud was excellent in his postseason debut, completing 16-of-21 passes for 274 yards with three touchdowns and a passer rating of 157.2 — just below the maximum of 158.3. With the game well out of reach, head coach DeMeco Ryans inserted Davis Mills into the game midway through the fourth quarter.

Stroud’s three touchdowns tied a playoff rookie record. He also became the first first-round rookie to win a playoff game since Mark Sanchez in 2009.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/texans-dominate-browns-45-14-advance-to-divisional-round

He missed a wide open TD.... And his WRs dropped two easy catches early. It could have been even more amazing. He was great. The OC was great.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i'm not watching the HOU/CLE game. just checking in here and there.

does CLE's ineptitude today say anything about Stefanski, or are the players failing to execute good coaching plans?

Backups are backups for reason

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Captain Relax said:

Well, now that the Browns are done, I have no rooting interest in the remainder of the teams in the playoffs.  KC, Pittsburgh, and Miami beat the Vikings in the Super Bowl so can't root for them. I am really tired of Buffalo and San Fran...can't root for them.  Dallas and the Drew Pearson push off...hate the Cowboys...hate the city...hate the airport!!!  Houston...the McNair family...can't pull for them.  The Rams have moved too many times...can't root for them.  Philadelphia...the fans boo Santa Claus...so pulling for that team is impossible. Detroit and Green Bay are divisional foes...can't root for them.  That leaves Baltimore...we had purple uniforms first...can't root for them.  Somebody tell me when the Super Bowlnis over so I can really start thinking about the off season.

I don't think the McNairs are all that bad.

I just can't root for Philly, Detroit or Green Bay. Although, I guess if Green Bay had to play Philly or Detroit, I'd still root for Green Bay to lose lol

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

It’s just gross how much preferential treatment the Chiefs get from officials. 

helmet.jpg

it wouldn't have affected what was going on at the time, but KC should have been charged a timeout for the broken helmet incident.

Edited by vike daddy