The Playoffs, and now the Super Bowl!

vike daddy

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

so if Philly loses and horribly, coupled with Dallas' demise, and the NY Giants and WASH being nothing special, then the NFC East has become... well, a has been.

with GB and DET's rise, the Bears having the #1 pick or potentially other high ones, and hopefully the Vikes' resurgence, does the NFC North become the powerhouse division?

I don’t think Dallas or Philly are too far from being contenders again. Washington has some good pieces. If they find a QB and a coach, they could be pretty good. 

Overall, the NFC could be a gauntlet next year. 

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

so if Philly loses and horribly, coupled with Dallas' demise, and the NY Giants and WASH being nothing special, then the NFC East has become... well, a has been.

with GB and DET's rise, the Bears having the #1 pick or potentially other high ones, and hopefully the Vikes' resurgence, does the NFC North become the powerhouse division?

Not to be a dougie downer but at this point I’d say the other 3 teams in our division are definitely ahead of us. Most of our defense is old or on the way out and we have little to no talent ready to step in. The offense has good young talent but a huge question mark at the most important position in sports. I’m hoping we finally draft THE guy at quarterback. If we do that then yes we are in the mix. 

• Like 1

Just now, joeybrowner47 said:

Not to be a dougie downer but at this point I’d say the other 3 teams in our division are definitely ahead of us. Most of our defense is old or on the way out and we have little to no talent ready to step in. The offense has good young talent but a huge question mark at the most important position in sports. I’m hoping we finally draft THE guy at quarterback. If we do that then yes we are in the mix. 

yeah, yeah, yeah, that's all true enough.

i'm asking if the NFC North is becoming a powerhouse division in the next year or two.

26 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Tampa is playing a great game. Philly is going to have to figure out how to win next year with a middle of the road QB on an elite QB contract. 

How much does Hurts owe Steichen for that contract?

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

It always has been. Usually the packer an vikes... 

This year, the lions and packers...

Next year, the Packers, lions and the bears...

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

yeah, yeah, yeah, that's all true enough.

i'm asking if the NFC North is becoming a powerhouse division in the next year or two.

Yes I believe the North is becoming a powerhouse/gauntlet to get through. I’m really hoping we’ll be along for the ride. If we don’t solve the QB question I fear a rough future.

7 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Let’s pause of the Vikings resurgence for now. We currently have a QB coming off a major injury and likely to gain a big-overpriced  contract if retained, a medium draft pick and our top defender available for anyone.