Wild Card weekend GDT

Forge

10 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

The only problem I see is the Niners defense having to stop Jordan Love and his no name WR/TE's next week. I think Love can carve up the Niners secondary and if the Niners offense doesn't score at will then the Packers will upset the Niners.

Sure troll

12 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

Sure troll

Who's trolling? I fear Jordan Love & the Packers offense that's been rolling for the last month of the reg season & playoffs. This ain't gonna be no cake walk for the Niners man. Which Packer WR/TE do you take away? They have a bunch of no name guys now as it's not like the Devante Adams days when you had to defend him and then you'd like you're chances of winning. The Packers have Romeo Dobbs, Christian Watson, Jayden Reed, Dontavious Wicks at WR and also two good TE's. Oh and did I forgot to mention Kesion Mixon returning kicks against the Niners porous kick coverage?

2 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Alright looks like it’s a wrap! We’ll be playing GB. 

Don't have broken coverages. Cowboys have had at least 3. 

Exploit middle of the field. 

Will need to be able to get pressure and actually bring love down. Don't think Dallas has a single sack so far

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

Will need to be able to get pressure and actually bring love down. Don't think Dallas has a single sack so far

But which WR/TE do you focus on since it's basically receptions by committee approach from the Packers? Also the Packers run game with Aaron Jones and if A.J. Dillon is healthy then it's gonna be a nightmare matchup for Steve Wilks to stop. I think if the Niners want to avoid an upset the offense has to score at will and should they win the toss they need to take the ball b/c we can't have Jordan Love step on to that field on the first possession of the game and driving the Packers down the field for an opening TD. 

4 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

But which WR/TE do you focus on since it's basically receptions by committee approach from the Packers? Also the Packers run game with Aaron Jones and if A.J. Dillon is healthy then it's gonna be a nightmare matchup for Steve Wilks to stop. I think if the Niners want to avoid an upset the offense has to score at will and should they win the toss they need to take the ball b/c we can't have Jordan Love step on to that field on the first possession of the game and driving the Packers down the field for an opening TD. 

We are insanely zone heavy team. We aren't going to focus on any one receiver. The number of times we've done that is limited. We are just going to run our defense better than the garbage Dallas is putting out there. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

Also need to stop or at least contain Aaron Jones, which might be the biggest challenge.

3 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

So what’s your prediction? Are you picking the packers or shall we just read all week how Niners can’t win 

1 minute ago, AustrianNiner said:

Also need to stop or at least contain Aaron Jones, which might be the biggest challenge.

Weird year for Jones. He's still got it, but also one of his worst seasons from a performance standing.

He doesn't have the greatest history against us either. He really didn't start lighting it up today until the second half. He was only like 12 / 35 in the first half today

13 minutes ago, straighthate said:

So what’s your prediction? Are you picking the packers or shall we just read all week how Niners can’t win 

This is a game that I view as a toss up. The Niners win if the offense can score at will on the Packers defense b/c I fully expect Jordan Love to put up serious points on the Niners defense that's the unit of the Niners that I trust the least heading into the playoffs. 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Weird year for Jones. He's still got it, but also one of his worst seasons from a performance standing.

He doesn't have the greatest history against us either. He really didn't start lighting it up today until the second half. He was only like 12 / 35 in the first half today

Well in the last month of the season that's when the Niners became susceptible against the run and thus backs like Aaron Jones or any no name ball carrier tends to become a problem for this defense. As for defending the pass I'm basically not looking forward to that b/c the Niners struggle in coverage and if the pass rush can't get home you'll see alot of Jordan Love deep shots down field.

1 minute ago, NFL Network said:

Well in the last month of the season that's when the Niners became susceptible against the run and thus backs like Aaron Jones or any no name ball carrier tends to become a problem for this defense. As for defending the pass I'm basically not looking forward to that b/c the Niners struggle in coverage and if the pass rush can't get home you'll see alot of Jordan Love deep shots down field.

Do you think the 49ers have the worst defense in the league?