Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yeah, Mike Brown the wannabe-GM.  

Higgins is gone after this year.  They can’t even franchise him twice to try and get something out of him.  

I agree.  If we really are looking to trade for a WR, you would think Higgins would be a better target.  After they sign Jamar Chase, they aren't gonna have any cap space.  Not to mention I would really like to have a WR with a different size profile.

• Like 1

I find the Haason Redick controversy interesting. Philly traded him to a team that can't pay the contract he deserves / desires. The Jets are literally strapped.

Adam's should lowball them a trade offer then sign him to a contract he is happy with..... dude has had 4 b2b2b2b 10+ sack seasons and is 29. 

Im thinking AP would have made a move by now if they were looking for someone at WR. 

We have: Terry, Jahan, McCaffrey, D Brown, J Crowder, D Milne, MRJ, Tinsley, Tremayne, Zaccheaus, D Byrd, K Allen and D Davis. 

Are you happy with this group? 
Aiyuk or Higgins are looking pretty good.😀

On 7/23/2024 at 1:55 PM, Troublez said:

I find the Haason Redick controversy interesting. Philly traded him to a team that can't pay the contract he deserves / desires. The Jets are literally strapped.

Adam's should lowball them a trade offer then sign him to a contract he is happy with..... dude has had 4 b2b2b2b 10+ sack seasons and is 29. 

My concern is Reddick is going to be 30 on September 22nd. He also doesn't want to play on his current contract which is $14.5 million. It seems that no one wants to give him the contract extension he wants which I'm sure his demands are to be paid as a top 5 DE. 

I don't think he's a good investment. It's investing in a name but the player will be declining soon. Trading for him and re-signing him screams Snyder/Vinny move IMO.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Im thinking AP would have made a move by now if they were looking for someone at WR. 

We have: Terry, Jahan, McCaffrey, D Brown, J Crowder, D Milne, MRJ, Tinsley, Tremayne, Zaccheaus, D Byrd, K Allen and D Davis. 

Are you happy with this group? 
Aiyuk or Higgins are looking pretty good.😀

I’m fine with it, I wouldn't say I'm “happy with it.” I don't think the 49ers are going to trade Aiyuk this year. Rumors are we and others tried to trade for Aiyuk in the spring but the 49ers wouldn't trade him for whatever we were offering.

Week 1 I think our WRs are:

1. Terry

2. Jahan

3. Crowder in the slot

I think McCaffery, Dyami and Zaccheaus have a chance to win that #3 job though. It should be a good competition.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2024 at 1:55 PM, Troublez said:

If I am Adam peters, I am not trading for, and then giving a big contract to someone about ready to turn 30.  That’s not a smart way to rebuild the roster here, at least in my opinion.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

My concern is Reddick is going to be 30 on September 22nd. He also doesn't want to play on his current contract which is $14.5 million. It seems that no one wants to give him the contract extension he wants which I'm sure his demands are to be paid as a top 5 DE. 

I don't think he's a good investment. It's investing in a name but the player will be declining soon. Trading for him and re-signing him screams Snyder/Vinny move IMO.

I agree with your take, now if this situation popped up last year, I would have been all for it, but it is a different time.  Plus, we have brought in so much at LB already.

20 hours ago, offbyone said:

I agree with your take, now if this situation popped up last year, I would have been all for it, but it is a different time.  Plus, we have brought in so much at LB already.

Well Reddick is a LB in name, but he plays more like a 3-4 OLB or the LEO position in the Quinn/Whitt defense. Still I’d rather see Jamin & Henry battle it out to see who's best for that position on passing downs. 

31 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well Reddick is a LB in name, but he plays more like a 3-4 OLB or the LEO position in the Quinn/Whitt defense. Still I’d rather see Jamin & Henry battle it out to see who's best for that position on passing downs. 

Sounds like Kerrigan is almost Davis' personal coach. Still. I'm not real hopeful on this experiment --but worth a try . Jamin is an athlete . Just doesn't seem to be a playa !

• Like 1

There's a reason Kevin Sheehan just predicted us to go 10-7 this season.

...And he's not the homer, that I am. His last prediction of us not being below .500 was 2017 I believe he said. He was a big fan of Cousins.

I think he mentioned most Vegas odds has is at 6.5 games.

He has mentioned he has seen some at 7.5 games.

I'm don't bet on Sports.

But if I did & could afford it. I would lay a $1000 on the over of 6.5 games.

And I wouldn't even hesitate.

This team gentleman? Is gonna be good.

You know guys I must say we have our first 100 pages of a real NFL GM and it’s been just over a year since Harris and co bought this team and these are the first 100 pages of one of the best off seasons I’ve ever seen as a fan of this team. I don’t follow the rest of the NFL like I used too outside of players I scout that I love that went elsewhere. And we know I have a type of player I look for and love and this staff had one of those classes when I saw them on other teams I said that’s a haul. I’m very excited for the players they picked. If Jayden protects himself I believe in 4 years we’re going to be a legit top to bottom roster if they can keep this up!!

• Like 2

I haven't been this excited since 2012 & the RG3 era.

As a Rookie...

Who btw...took us to a 9-6 record.

Had 20 TD's & 5 int's passing

3,200 yards passing.

65.6% completion rate.

815 yards rushing & 7 TD's.

6.8 yards per rush.

And only lost 2 fumbles

And won AP Rookie of the Year.

I'm hoping Jayden Daniels can eclipse that. My expectations of him are high, considering RG3 isn't considered near the pocket passer that Jayden Daniels is coming out of college & his experience.

• Like 1

Hey guys, 

We’re going to lock this thread for the year.  It’s quietly becoming a catch-all for different things.  If we have updates to post, I want us to use the following threads, provided it does not deserve a thread of it’s own.

Finally…..post all Jayden Daniels updates in his thread. 

• Like 1