Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

Most #NFL Popular Names to watch for potential cap cuts to watch for:  @CBSSports 

#Seahawks S Jamal Adams
 #Browns RB Nick Chubb
 #Packers LT David Bakhtiari
 #Cowboys WR Michael Gallup
 #Jaguars LT Cam Robinson 
#Chargers WR Mike Williams
#Bengals Joe Mixon 
#Eagles Kevin Byard 
#Steelers Allen Robinson 
#Raiders Hunter Renfrow

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Most #NFL Popular Names to watch for potential cap cuts to watch for:  @CBSSports 

#Seahawks S Jamal Adams
 #Browns RB Nick Chubb
 #Jaguars LT Cam Robinson 
#Bengals Joe Mixon 
#Eagles Kevin Byard 
#Steelers Allen Robinson 
#Raiders Hunter Renfrow

https://clevanalytics.com/2024-nfl-cuts/ 

FA-pre-june-1-v1.png 

FA-pre-june-1-v2.png

20 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

The only positive I see is that we’re probably drafting a QB which would help him but he wouldn’t be cheap. 

My big concern with trading for established players is that you end up giving up two assets (the draft pick plus the cap space) for them.

In this case, if you’re trading for Aiyuk, you’re clearly also going to be doing a big extension. Maybe something in the neighborhood of like 5/$105M or so. So to get him onto the team, you’d be giving up one of those 2nd round picks PLUS something like $21M AAV in cap space. 

The problem is that you could use those two assets for two separate players, and potentially get upgrades at multiple positions. So we could do something like, say, sign Brian Burns and draft Adonai Mitchell for the same overall “cost” as trading for Aiyuk. You’ve gotta be really sure he’s a star-level player to make it worthwhile.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

#Seahawks S Jamal Adams
 #Browns RB Nick Chubb
 #Jaguars LT Cam Robinson 
#Bengals Joe Mixon 
#Eagles Kevin Byard 
#Steelers Allen Robinson 
#Raiders Hunter Renfrow

How much do you think he'd cost?

This is a weird thought I just had, but let’s say the Niners are feeling forced to trade Aiyuk but are concerned about replacing with a rookie on a SB-caliber team.

Would you trade Terry to SF straight up for Aiyuk? What if they wanted some sweetener on top?

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

This is a weird thought I just had, but let’s say the Niners are feeling forced to trade Aiyuk but are concerned about replacing with a rookie on a SB-caliber team.

Would you trade Terry to SF straight up for Aiyuk? What if they wanted some sweetener on top?

Still no.

Bakhtiari was widely considered one of the 2-3 best LTs in all of football a couple years ago. He’d be a perfect fit for a zone-heavy, pass-heavy scheme like I assume KK will end up implementing. 

I genuinely don’t know what the story is with his knee. It seems from looking at his PFR page that he’s basically just done — knee injury late in 2020, complications from surgery, plays 1 game in 2021, plays 11 games in 2022, only 1 game last season.

If he’s just being unwillingly retired by a knee that can’t hold up, then scratch the idea. If he was able to pass a physical and seemed healthy, I’d be very curious to see if he’d fit here. Some shades of Trent Williams in reverse, maybe.

On 2/21/2024 at 1:11 PM, MKnight82 said:

But Butler is already on the roster and we spent a 4th round pick on him. It would be nice to find a role he could fill. @e16bball was talking about utilizing a bunch of safeties on the field at the same time. 

I guess it’s just that Darrick Forrest is a better player. Our secondary was better with him as our FS in 2022. I don’t have a problem with Butler being the 3rd safety, but I wouldn’t move Forrest from being the FS unless we get a true upgrade at the FS position like @e16bball talked about with Jordan Whitehead.

Oh and guess who Bruce Allen, Kyle Smith & Jay Gruden took over Jordan Whitehead in the 4th round of the 2018 draft?

You guessed it! Troy Apke! 🤦‍♂️

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

I would straight up, Aiyuk had a better season last year and he’s 3 years younger than Terry. 

I would be willing to trade a pick with Terry, but it depends on what that pick would be. I wouldn’t trade one of our 2nds & Terry for Aiyuk.

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Bakhtiari was widely considered one of the 2-3 best LTs in all of football a couple years ago. He’d be a perfect fit for a zone-heavy, pass-heavy scheme like I assume KK will end up implementing. 

I genuinely don’t know what the story is with his knee. It seems from looking at his PFR page that he’s basically just done — knee injury late in 2020, complications from surgery, plays 1 game in 2021, plays 11 games in 2022, only 1 game last season.

If he’s just being unwillingly retired by a knee that can’t hold up, then scratch the idea. If he was able to pass a physical and seemed healthy, I’d be very curious to see if he’d fit here. Some shades of Trent Williams in reverse, maybe.

It’s worth exploring. I do question if his knee can hold up or more like, how long can it hold up?

He’d clearly be an upgrade over Wylie & then I’d move Wylie to LG.

Edited by turtle28

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It’s work exploring. I do question if his knee can hold up or more like, how long can it hold up?

He’d clearly be an upgrade over Wylie & then I’d move Wylie to LG.

You mentioned several times throwing Wylie over to L G .. What makes you think he can handle it ? I doubt he'd be any better than Charles who stinks . Just askin' ?🤨

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

You mentioned several times throwing Wylie over to L G .. What makes you think he can handle it ? I doubt he'd be any better than Charles who stinks . Just askin' ?🤨

In 2018, 2019 & 2020 he played both LG & RG for the Chiefs. 

In 2021 & 22 he played RT

3 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Can we just move Wylie over to the trash pile…

• Like 3