Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

On 1/24/2024 at 1:49 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

A FA I would like us to possibly acquire:

Really hasn’t been mentioned but until we fortify our pass rush we could always use the help on the backend. 

Jaylon Johnson-CB/Bears only 24 yrs old. 

I think the Bears will franchise him if they don't get a LTD deal done.

On 1/25/2024 at 11:25 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

The Ravens just waived a guy Jeremiah Moon to make room for Mark Andrews. Since the regular season is over are we allowed to pick up players that have been just released?  Looks like a pretty athletic DE/OLB 6’5 250. Was just curious if we could. Couldn’t hurt.

Claimed by Pittsburgh 

If they do land Ben Johnson, it seems like Jonah Jackson might be a no-brainer. LG was arguably our weakest position this season, and he would immediately plug right in there. 

That would leave us in a position where C and RT would be left to upgrade. If they were able to find a C (either Stromberg or one of the FAs like Andre James or Connor Williams or Tyler Biadasz), I could really be talked into trying to move up into the late teens to nab one of the higher-tier OTs like Fuaga or Latham or Mims.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

If they do land Ben Johnson, it seems like Jonah Jackson might be a no-brainer. LG was arguably our weakest position this season, and he would immediately plug right in there. 

That would leave us in a position where C and RT would be left to upgrade. If they were able to find a C (either Stromberg or one of the FAs like Andre James or Connor Williams or Tyler Biadasz), I could really be talked into trying to move up into the late teens to nab one of the higher-tier OTs like Fuaga or Latham or Mims.

What about JP Johnson/Oregon

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

That sounds like a great plan. I’d definitely sign Jonah Jackson & Tyler Biadasz while trading up for one of those OT prospects.

Would be great opposite Terry as we love Dotson full time to the slot!

Then sign Jonah Jackson to be our LG, Tyler Biadasz to be our C & draft a RT prospect in R2?

Sounds like a good offseason on offense to me.

Edited by turtle28

On 1/28/2024 at 5:35 PM, turtle28 said:

Would be great opposite Terry as we love Dotson full time to the slot!

Then sign Jonah Jackson to be our LG, Tyler Biadasz to be our C & draft a RT prospect in R2?

Sounds like a good offseason on offense to me.

He's an rfa, not a ufa 

Going back to Bryce Huff, who was mentioned as an option in another thread, one interesting thing about Quinn’s defenses is that he’s always tended to have one EDGE be a guy who is undersized but a very explosive pass-rush type. 

In Seattle, they had Cliff Avril and then Bruce Irvin who came on the scene. In Atlanta, they picked Vic Beasley in the top 10 and then went back for Takk McKinley later. In Dallas, he’s turned Micah Parsons from elite regular LB into elite pass-rusher, and they also earned Randy Gregory a big pay-day. 

Every one of those guys has absolutely elite get-off. They’re twitchy and explosive and they have OTs on their heels from the snap (or even earlier). I think it’s enough of a track record that we can say for certain that our man has a “type.” 

In FA, it’s fair to say that Josh Allen and Brian Burns would be incredible, but I don’t think either one survives the franchise tag. Which leaves Danielle Hunter and Bryce Huff as the two guys that really fit the mold in FA. Either one would represent a pure pass-rush threat we haven’t had in a long time, though Hunter is obviously the more complete player. 

In the draft, Chop Robinson is the one that jumps off the screen with explosion. Sick get-off. Does he make it to 36? Further down the board, maybe Jonah Elliss?

Based on how he’s addressed his defenses at every stop, I would 100% expect a player like this to be a top priority for Quinn. We have nothing even close to what he’s consistently built his front sevens around.

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Going back to Bryce Huff, who was mentioned as an option in another thread, one interesting thing about Quinn’s defenses is that he’s always tended to have one EDGE be a guy who is undersized but a very explosive pass-rush type. 

In Seattle, they had Cliff Avril and then Bruce Irvin who came on the scene. In Atlanta, they picked Vic Beasley in the top 10 and then went back for Takk McKinley later. In Dallas, he’s turned Micah Parsons from elite regular LB into elite pass-rusher, and they also earned Randy Gregory a big pay-day. 

Every one of those guys has absolutely elite get-off. They’re twitchy and explosive and they have OTs on their heels from the snap (or even earlier). I think it’s enough of a track record that we can say for certain that our man has a “type.” 

In FA, it’s fair to say that Josh Allen and Brian Burns would be incredible, but I don’t think either one survives the franchise tag. Which leaves Danielle Hunter and Bryce Huff as the two guys that really fit the mold in FA. Either one would represent a pure pass-rush threat we haven’t had in a long time, though Hunter is obviously the more complete player. 

In the draft, Chop Robinson is the one that jumps off the screen with explosion. Sick get-off. Does he make it to 36? Further down the board, maybe Jonah Elliss?

Based on how he’s addressed his defenses at every stop, I would 100% expect a player like this to be a top priority for Quinn. We have nothing even close to what he’s consistently built his front sevens around.

I told my buddy yesterday I now 100% would guess our second pick is a pass rusher. I am with you on that. I think there’s gonna be 2-3 linemen we can pick from with our second 2nd. We’re gonna take the highest pass rusher on our board at our first 2nd. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I told my buddy yesterday I now 100% would guess our second pick is a pass rusher. I am with you on that. I think there’s gonna be 2-3 linemen we can pick from with our second 2nd. We’re gonna take the highest pass rusher on our board at our first 2nd. 

We’re rolling with Sammy!

DQ said he wants to find what a player can do well. I think Jamin Davis’ best attribute is to rush the QB. Not saying he’s anything close to Micah Parsons but let Jamin rush the QB from different places on the field similar to the way he had MP. He could put on 6-8 lbs to bulk up a little. IMO Think his strength rushing from a DE or LB would be best used that way.