Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I like taking care of players like Curl. Curl does everything asked of him. He's a core guy and he's probably been our best defensive player outside of Payne or Allen since his rookie season. His dad is annoying and I hope that doesn't become an issue but honestly I'd take care of him and Cosmi now. If Cosmi continues his ascent he's only going to get more and more expensive. So for me, take this cap space and get your few good young players under long-term deals. 

I agree with this I’d extend Cosmi resign Curl and I’d purge dead money off that OL. We need new blood there all around outside of Cosmi

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

I agree with this I’d extend Cosmi resign Curl and I’d purge dead money off that OL. We need new blood there all around outside of Cosmi

I would try to work out a 2-year deal with Leno that significantly lowers his cap hit. One, I don't think he's all that bad and two, I don't want a rookie starting at LT. But if he's not willing to do any kind of restructure then he's got to go. The money is too much. I also don't want to trade Allen but if someone offers a 2nd round pick for him I'd seriously consider it. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Creating holes for the sake of creating holes is just silly to me. You have a young player who developed that you found in the 7th round. Just pay him his market value. Obviously if he goes bonkers and wants something absurd then I get it but if its market value then I don't see the big issue? I have no clue why the fans of this team think you can just never pay anyone? Almost every time we have some young guy up to be paid this fan base acts like the money is coming out of their pocket. Curl is just far too good to let walk in my opinion and I hate the idea that he can't create turnovers when he did it fairly well as a rookie. He and Fuller are basically the only guys that we have to pay and we're going to have between $78M-$90M based on cuts and restructures. Just get it done.

I am with you.  I wanted to extend him sooner.  But I hope these guys see that.  Although, Fuller is getting long in the tooth so I wouldn't break the bank for him.  

• Like 1

I don't have a strong preference either way of extending Curl or not, but I think its completely fair to question whether he should be given an expensive extension. I'm not sure about this whole "well at least we can cover TEs now" narrative, it appeared to me we couldn't cover anyone last year regardless of position. If TEs weren't killing us its probably because they didn't have to because we were getting destroyed deep over and over again by WRs, and deep coverage is a Safety's primary responsibility as well. If he's just an in the box Safety those guys are a dime a dozen. It's also one of the few positions on the roster where we are so deep at the position we may already have in house solutions for replacing Curl if he left. So I don't see letting Curl leave as creating a hole either. If they want to resign him just to retain the asset or to show you want to reward then fine but I don't thin our on the field performance will change much if Curl stays or goes. 

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don't have a strong preference either way of extending Curl or not, but I think its completely fair to question whether he should be given an expensive extension. I'm not sure about this whole "well at least we can cover TEs now" narrative, it appeared to me we couldn't cover anyone last year regardless of position. If TEs weren't killing us its probably because they didn't have to because we were getting destroyed deep over and over again by WRs, and deep coverage is a Safety's primary responsibility as well. If he's just an in the box Safety those guys are a dime a dozen. It's also one of the few positions on the roster where we are so deep at the position we may already have in house solutions for replacing Curl if he left. So I don't see letting Curl leave as creating a hole either. If they want to resign him just to retain the asset or to show you want to reward then fine but I don't thin our on the field performance will change much if Curl stays or goes. 

But he's not an in-the-box safety and has always been great in coverage. I have on clue what happened with that secondary this year but Curl is no Landon Collins. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

But he's not an in-the-box safety and has always been great in coverage. I have on clue what happened with that secondary this year but Curl is no Landon Collins. 

He was on the field. Why does he get a pass? He's also not a playmaker, he has 3 career INTs all of which were in his rookie season 3 years ago. He's had 3 years in a row with no INTs. He has 2 career FFs. He's not really a blitzer, he has 5 career sacks. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He was on the field. Why does he get a pass? He's also not a playmaker, he has 3 career INTs all of which were in his rookie season 3 years ago. He's had 3 years in a row with no INTs. He has 2 career FFs. He's not really a blitzer, he has 5 career sacks. 

Didn't give him a pass. I clearly said I have no clue what happened to the secondary this year? But this single season with a high school coach does not wipe out three prior years of great play from him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Didn't give him a pass. I clearly said I have no clue what happened to the secondary this year? But this single season with a high school coach does not wipe out three prior years of great play from him. 

He just feels like a replacement level player to me and I believe we already have replacements on the roster. 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

He just feels like a replacement level player to me and I believe we already have replacements on the roster. 

Sure but do we really need to create another hole at WLB/SS?

If the momey isn't crazy, we should re-sign him. My cut-off for Curl is $15 million per year. He's not worth top 5 Safety $ no way, but top 15 sure.

1 minute ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Nathaniel Marrero- Commander Country

Geno Stone  S

Mike Onwenu  OL

Azeez Al-Shaair LB

Recommended players to possibly go after in FA. 

I don't think we need to sign a S. I'd re-sign Curl, and roll with Forestt, Quan Martin & Reaves/Butler as their backu.

I'm down with the LB & Mike Onwenu as long as we’re running a man blocking scheme. If we switch to a zone blocking scheme bc we hired Slowik, we shouldn't sign a 330-350 pound guard.

13 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Sure but do we really need to create another hole at WLB/SS?

If the momey isn't crazy, we should re-sign him. My cut-off for Curl is $15 million per year. He's not worth top 5 Safety $ no way, but top 15 sure.

Top 15 is closer to $10 than $15. $15m is like Top 6. 

𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟒 𝐂𝐀𝐏 𝐒𝐏𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒

1. #Commanders - $73.6M
2. #Texans - $70.0M
3. #Titans - $69.8M
4. #Patriots - $66.1M
5. #Colts - $62.8M
6. #Bengals - $59.4M
7. #Lions - $58.6M
8. #Buccaneers - $47.1M
9. #Bears - $46.8M
10. #Cardinals - $42.2M

(Per OverTheCap)