Jump to content

Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

#Commanders WR Curtis Samuel's projected market value, per Spotrac:

- $11.53 million per season
- 3-year, $34.61 million deal
- No. 24 among WRs

That's pretty solid actually, my only thing is I want a WR with size. I'd rather sign any of the WRs available who are 6’2 or taller & draft a taller WR to develop in the mid-rounds rather than re-sign Samuel. I fully expect that Doctson can do everything Samuel does except take hand offs as a RB, but we should draft or sign a scat back/Receiving RB/KR/PR for that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

#Commanders WR Curtis Samuel's projected market value, per Spotrac:

- $11.53 million per season
- 3-year, $34.61 million deal
- No. 24 among WRs

That probably makes sense. I think I guessed 3 year $39 million. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

That probably makes sense. I think I guessed 3 year $39 million. 

Crazy but what's really crazy is baseball. A second basemen , good glove hits .223, 6 homers and 31 RBIs makes $10-12 million a year .. I guess this is reasonable for Mr Samuel. I wish him luck . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

#Commanders WR Curtis Samuel's projected market value, per Spotrac:

- $11.53 million per season
- 3-year, $34.61 million deal
- No. 24 among WRs

That’s the exact contract he’s on right now. And I wouldn’t do that deal again. I didn’t want to do it the first time.

No issue with Curtis, I like the guy and all, but he’s a limited player. He’s a small guy who is pretty restricted to the area around the LOS. He is not helpful in the deep passing game, which means he’s pretty much only useful in a slot/gadget role. And he’s fine in that capacity, but you just don’t need to pay $11M a year for someone to play that role “fine.” You’d need a guy to be creating big plays to pay big bucks for that, and in 3 years we got 5 plays of more than 30 yards from him — with only one play longer than 40 yards (the ridiculous Heinicke triple coverage ref interference throw).

I don’t think he’ll get quite that much, but my feeling is that money could be much better invested in keeping a guy like Curl (or Fuller, if the money is already set aside for Curl). I’d like to go in a different direction and get a true X receiver to free Terry up a bit — or at least a big slot type who can be a target hog in the middle of the field. Don’t think Curtis will ever be that. And draft a speedy 3rd down back like Bucky Irving to handle a lot of the “gadget” workload.

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, e16bball said:

That’s the exact contract he’s on right now. And I wouldn’t do that deal again. I didn’t want to do it the first time.

No issue with Curtis, I like the guy and all, but he’s a limited player. He’s a small guy who is pretty restricted to the area around the LOS. He is not helpful in the deep passing game, which means he’s pretty much only useful in a slot/gadget role. And he’s fine in that capacity, but you just don’t need to pay $11M a year for someone to play that role “fine.” You’d need a guy to be creating big plays to pay big bucks for that, and in 3 years we got 5 plays of more than 30 yards from him — with only one play longer than 40 yards (the ridiculous Heinicke triple coverage ref interference throw).

I don’t think he’ll get quite that much, but my feeling is that money could be much better invested in keeping a guy like Curl (or Fuller, if the money is already set aside for Curl). I’d like to go in a different direction and get a true X receiver to free Terry up a bit — or at least a big slot type who can be a target hog in the middle of the field. Don’t think Curtis will ever be that. And draft a speedy 3rd down back like Bucky Irving to handle a lot of the “gadget” workload.

I like Bucky and had him in my last mock. 
@e16bball I had a question for you about C.Samuel. Can he be used more downfield as an X, does he have the route techniques to be that type of receiver? He seems to have quickness to get some separation but was just wondering could he be converted.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I like Bucky and had him in my last mock. 
@e16bball I had a question for you about C.Samuel. Can he be used more downfield as an X, does he have the route techniques to be that type of receiver? He seems to have quickness to get some separation but was just wondering could he be converted.  

I don’t think so. That’s what Rivera and Turner tried to do with him in their last season in Carolina, and it went really poorly.

Among all the receivers with 50+ targets, he was top 10 in average target depth, but he was bottom 10 in average yards per target. Not good at all. Very poor players down that low on the list, and nobody that low had anything approaching his ADOT (most were short pass specialists like Steven Sims and Albert Wilson).

The next season, Matt Rhule came in and turned him into what he’s been since, which was the WR/RB combo for whom they manufactured a lot of touches via the jet sweeps and screens and whatever else. That was his best year (by far), and the one that earned him his contract with us. Which, oddly enough, he got from the same dudes who used him so wrongly back in Carolina.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

Speaking g of re-signing our own, Tress Way is in the last year of his contract………

and he didn't have a great season and I think he's 34 next year . AND for a punter he's $$$

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

and he didn't have a great season and I think he's 34 next year . AND for a punter he's $$$

His numbers are dipping a little bit. How much of that is Cheese? Circumstance? Age? Unknown. But your point does bring up something to watch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

His numbers are dipping a little bit. How much of that is Cheese? Circumstance? Age? Unknown. But your point does bring up something to watch. 

I think Tress is resigned on a 1 year deal. Unfortunately, it will probably be his last year here if he numbers don't improve though. Not having Cheeseman getting him killed should help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Ravens just waived a guy Jeremiah Moon to make room for Mark Andrews. Since the regular season is over are we allowed to pick up players that have been just released?  Looks like a pretty athletic DE/OLB 6’5 250. Was just curious if we could. Couldn’t hurt.

 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

The Ravens just waived a guy Jeremiah Moon to make room for Mark Andrews. Since the regular season is over are we allowed to pick up players that have been just released?  Looks like a pretty athletic DE/OLB 6’5 250. Was just curious if we could. Couldn’t hurt.

 

I think the same waiver rules still apply. It's only until the offseason officially starts where the waiver process isn't followed and teams have to go through free agency.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...