Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

21 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

DQ said he wants to find what a player can do well. I think Jamin Davis’ best attribute is to rush the QB. Not saying he’s anything close to Micah Parsons but let Jamin rush the QB from different places on the field similar to the way he had MP. He could put on 6-8 lbs to bulk up a little. IMO Think his strength rushing from a DE or LB would be best used that way. 

Jamin plays the run well and usually covers LBs well out of the backfield. He’s good as a blitzing LB but he’s not a pass rusher that comes off the edge. I don’t think there’s any way he’s moved from the role he’s currently in. He could be blitzed more by Quinn & Whitt, but I don’t see them trying to turn Jamin into Parsons, he’s not that dude.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Jamin plays the run well and usually covers LBs well out of the backfield. He’s good as a blitzing LB but he’s not a pass rusher that comes off the edge. I don’t think there’s any way he’s moved from the role he’s currently in. He could be blitzed more by Quinn & Whitt, but I don’t see them trying to turn Jamin into Parsons, he’s not that dude.

He is a good blitzer, I think they will maximize him a lot better than JDR did. 

1 minute ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

He is a good blitzer, I think they will maximize him a lot better than JDR did. 

I agree with that, I think they’ll be much more creative in their blitzing and looks they bring with pressure but on the back end it will be more zone/more simplistic for our DBs. That’s how it was in Dallas & Seattle.

On 2/3/2024 at 1:39 PM, e16bball said:

Going back to Bryce Huff, who was mentioned as an option in another thread, one interesting thing about Quinn’s defenses is that he’s always tended to have one EDGE be a guy who is undersized but a very explosive pass-rush type. 

In Seattle, they had Cliff Avril and then Bruce Irvin who came on the scene. In Atlanta, they picked Vic Beasley in the top 10 and then went back for Takk McKinley later. In Dallas, he’s turned Micah Parsons from elite regular LB into elite pass-rusher, and they also earned Randy Gregory a big pay-day. 

Every one of those guys has absolutely elite get-off. They’re twitchy and explosive and they have OTs on their heels from the snap (or even earlier). I think it’s enough of a track record that we can say for certain that our man has a “type.” 

In FA, it’s fair to say that Josh Allen and Brian Burns would be incredible, but I don’t think either one survives the franchise tag. Which leaves Danielle Hunter and Bryce Huff as the two guys that really fit the mold in FA. Either one would represent a pure pass-rush threat we haven’t had in a long time, though Hunter is obviously the more complete player. 

In the draft, Chop Robinson is the one that jumps off the screen with explosion. Sick get-off. Does he make it to 36? Further down the board, maybe Jonah Elliss?

Based on how he’s addressed his defenses at every stop, I would 100% expect a player like this to be a top priority for Quinn. We have nothing even close to what he’s consistently built his front sevens around.

The LEO! What the Carroll/Bradley/Quinn DL does is have a LDE who’s like Chase Young/Montez Sweat’s size, like 270 plus who’s a stout run defender type. Think Michael Bennett & DeMarcus Lawrence.

Then the opposite side at RDE they have a position called LEO. This guy will be the size of a 3-4 OLB/4-3 SLB basically but almost always rush the passer. He’s your speed rusher, like a 250 to 260 pound guy. That’s what Parsons does a lot. It’s what Chris Clemons, Cliff Avril & Bruce Irvin were & Beasley, McKinley in Atl.

You’re right, Bryce Huff would be perfect for this position if we can sign him.

I could see James Smith Williams being re-signed to play LDE & them drafting a bigger LDE type in the mid rounds to develop behind him. 

I think KJ Henry would be a good back up for Bryce Huff if we can sign him.

Edited by turtle28

On 1/16/2024 at 9:22 AM, MikeT14 said:

Draft: 

Round 1 (#2) - Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina

Round 2 (#35) - Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU

Round 2 (#40) - Bralen Trice, EDGE, Washington

Round 3 (#66) - Malachi Corley, WR, Western Kentucky

Round 3 (#100) - Will Shipley, RB, Clemson 

Round 4 (#103) - Cade Stover, TE, Ohio State

Round 5 (#135) - Dwight McGlothern CB, Arkansas

Round 6 (#180) - Tatum Bethune, LB, Florida State

Round 7 (#219) - Jalen Green, EDGE, James Madison

2.7.24 post DQ hiring update

Round 1 (#2) - Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina (QBotF)

Round 2 (#35) - Chris Braswell, EDGE, Alabama (finding our Micah Parsons)

Round 2 (#40) - Cooper Beebe, G, Kansas State (Barton off the board at this point)

Round 3 (#66) - Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M

Round 3 (#100) - Johnny Wilson, WR, Florida State

Round 4 (#103) - Will Shipley, RB, Clemson 

Round 5 (#135) - Ben Sinnott, TE, Kansas State

Round 6 (#180) - Drake Nugent, C, Michigan

Round 7 (#219) - Myles Cole, DE, Texas Tech

BREAKING: The #Giants are not planning on tagging superstar running back Saquon Barkley and he will hit the open market as a free agent in March, per ESPN. 

Many teams are expected to pursue the 2x Pro Bowl back, including an NFC East team and the #Chargers.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

BREAKING: The #Giants are not planning on tagging superstar running back Saquon Barkley and he will hit the open market as a free agent in March, per ESPN. 

Many teams are expected to pursue the 2x Pro Bowl back, including an NFC East team and the #Chargers.

I hope we don't even think about it.  Too much tread on the tires and he wants big money.  

• Like 1

I can’t stand ppl on twitter. The past few days I’ve been arguing with fools trying to say that Kam Curl isn’t worth keeping even if it’s around $10 m. That it’s easy to find someone to shut down TEs, like have these people been alive the last 15 years?

We used to get killed by TEs before we drafted Curl. They just assume it’s easy to find someone to do what he does. I just can’t deal with them.

6 hours ago, offbyone said:

I hope we don't even think about it.  Too much tread on the tires and he wants big money.  

I generally feel the same way but on the flip side, look what happened to the 49ers offense when they traded for McCaffery? And that was a trade.

A lot of people questioned that trade when Adam Peters helped broker it, but look at it now! The 49ers are in the Super Bowl & CMC is arguably the biggest reason why.

8 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

2.7.24 post DQ hiring update

Round 1 (#2) - Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina (QBotF)

Round 2 (#35) - Chris Braswell, EDGE, Alabama (finding our Micah Parsons)

Round 2 (#40) - Cooper Beebe, G, Kansas State (Barton off the board at this point)

Round 3 (#66) - Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M

Round 3 (#100) - Johnny Wilson, WR, Florida State

Round 4 (#103) - Will Shipley, RB, Clemson 

Round 5 (#135) - Ben Sinnott, TE, Kansas State

Round 6 (#180) - Drake Nugent, C, Michigan

Round 7 (#219) - Myles Cole, DE, Texas Tech

I like it! I’m guessing for RT you think we’ll run it back with Wylie or cut him & sign some else?

Edited by turtle28

40 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I like it! I’m guessing for RT you think we’ll run it back with Wylie or cut him & sign some else?

Hopefully. Hard to get everything done in one draft in a year as you know

15 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I can’t stand ppl on twitter. The past few days I’ve been arguing with fools trying to say that Kam Curl isn’t worth keeping even if it’s around $10 m. That it’s easy to find someone to shut down TEs, like have these people been alive the last 15 years?

We used to get killed by TEs before we drafted Curl. They just assume it’s easy to find someone to do what he does. I just can’t deal with them.

Problem is, people look at turnovers and he hasn’t generated any the past three years.  

He’s absolutely worth it to shut down TEs and what he does though.  It’s just the average Twitter “Hot Take” fan doesn’t get it, nor understand football.