Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

44 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It's so weird to me the amount of crappy back ups you've loved over the years and you have this vendetta against Jabril Cox lmao 

The difference is I've seen those back up players play and we drafted them/developed them so I saw them make plays in the preseason. Ryan Grant comes to mind bc Grant & Kirk used to tear it up in the preseason and then, n 2017 he actually was our most productive WR bc Crowder was hurt while Doctson and Pryor were busts. 

Jabril Cox has been in the NFL for what? 3 or 4 years now and done nothing. He was cut in Dallas and did you see their run D last night? He didn't play here despite us needing LB upgrade.

So sorry, I have no faith. I'd love to be wrong, but I don't think I am.

Edited by turtle28

48 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

While they might have holes everywhere, you can fill those with guys on 1-2 year prove it contracts while you establish a culture.  I have a feeling that a new culture is going to be the entire focus of the front office as well as the locker room, and I think you will not see a wholesale splurge in free agency.  Maybe one guy to help set the tone, but you have to turn a lot of things around and it takes time.  

I mean, that's essentially what Rivera did and then we kept losing those guys or having to overpay them because we only signed them to one-year deals. I just don't think they're going to completely sit free agency out like Rivera did. I don't think they're going to go full Cerrato by any means but my guess is they'll sign a couple higher priced free agents to sort of set the tone. I also think they'll make a play for a couple of the Niners free agents like Ray Ray McCloud and Oren Burks. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, that's essentially what Rivera did and then we kept losing those guys or having to overpay them because we only signed them to one-year deals. I just don't think they're going to completely sit free agency out like Rivera did. I don't think they're going to go full Cerrato by any means but my guess is they'll sign a couple higher priced free agents to sort of set the tone. I also think they'll make a play for a couple of the Niners free agents like Ray Ray McCloud and Oren Burks. 

It’s different when you are talking a reset from ownership and the front office like this.  But I also think there will be some good players brought in.  I just don’t think they’re breaking the bank right now on remaking the entire team.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I hope we trade Allen to a winner . He deserves it and think he's finished here. Just too tired of losing . More picks and cap space for us too. 

Depends on how Peters and the new coach sell this to him.  Turnarounds in the NFL can happen quickly.  

14 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Free agent targets 

1. Bryce Huff

2. Frankie Luvu

3.  Tee Higgins 

4. Patrick Queen

5. Dalton Schultz

6. Noah Fant

7. Jonah Williams

8. Jonah Jackson

9. Connor Williams

10. Chase Young (yeah I know)

I don't like the fit here with Patrick Queen. I also think Jonah Williams just hasn't been a good NFL football player. Other than that I would be ok with the rest of your list (yes even Young, as long as it was some 1 year prove it deal). 

Others missing from your list that I think we have to consider: 

DE Brian Burns - doubt he hits FA but if he does you have to make an offer. 

S Kyle Dugger - if they can't retain Curl. 

G Kevin Dotson - 27 years old, looked good for the Rams this year. 

WR Calvin Ridley - we're likely moving on from Samuels.

OG/OT Mike Onwenu - 26 years old and can play guard and tackle. Seems most comfortable at RT. 

HB Saquon Barkely - stick it to a division rival with a big upgrade a RB. 

HB Josh Jacobs - only 26 and led the nfl in rushing last year. 

DE Jonathan Greenard - 26, good against the run and solid pass rusher. 

OT/OG Mekhi Becton - possible Guard transition and reclamation project. 

LB Jordyn Brooks - 3 down player. Can call the defense. 

TE Noah Fant - athletic TE. 

• Like 1

I really hope for quality TE’s to be added. Love a good scheme involving them like the Bills use with Knox and Kincaid. Run the ball down their throats or 10-15 yd pass plays to the dependable TE which would open up the downfield throws to the WR. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, offbyone said:

We should be looking at free agents on the 49ers.  I don't see much there, but I would expect Peters brings some over.

I think it’s way too early to pick who will be coming here.  You’ve got to see who the head coach is, who the coordinators are and what system they plan on putting in before you make that call.  

Ideally, you hope Peter’s isn’t hiring a coach who wants his (meaning Peter’s) “type” of players, and instead is making this a collaborative effort around the head coach’s vision.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I don't like the fit here with Patrick Queen. I also think Jonah Williams just hasn't been a good NFL football player. Other than that I would be ok with the rest of your list (yes even Young, as long as it was some 1 year prove it deal). 

Others missing from your list that I think we have to consider: 

DE Brian Burns - doubt he hits FA but if he does you have to make an offer. 

S Kyle Dugger - if they can't retain Curl. 

G Kevin Dotson - 27 years old, looked good for the Rams this year. 

WR Calvin Ridley - we're likely moving on from Samuels.

OG/OT Mike Onwenu - 26 years old and can play guard and tackle. Seems most comfortable at RT. 

HB Saquon Barkely - stick it to a division rival with a big upgrade a RB. 

HB Josh Jacobs - only 26 and led the nfl in rushing last year. 

DE Jonathan Greenard - 26, good against the run and solid pass rusher. 

OT/OG Mekhi Becton - possible Guard transition and reclamation project. 

LB Jordyn Brooks - 3 down player. Can call the defense. 

TE Noah Fant - athletic TE. 

I'm with you except for overpaying at RB, of course, that's what the 49ers did when they traded for McCaffery & it almost got them to the Super Bowl last year and may get them there this year.

So, perhaps you're onto something there.