Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Can we just move Wylie over to the trash pile…

I think if anything he can play RG.  But I would move him firmly to the depth pile for a year while we soak up his cap hit.  I think he is fine RT/RG depth although excessively expensive.

I am just holding my breath that Peter's doesn't first grade players by position flex.  Hopefully he doesn't pay too much attention to Mayhew as he seemed on board with that point of view.

Tom Pelissero 

The NFL announced today that the 2024 Salary Cap will be $255.4 million per club, with an additional $74 million per club payment for player benefits, which includes Performance Based Pay and benefits for retired players.

Current cap space after the increase to $255M (Over the Cap): Commanders: $87M Patriots: $83M Bears: $80M Titans: $78.6M Bengals: $72.8M Colts: $72M Texans: $67.5M Lions: $63.7M Cardinals: $55M Raiders: $48.6M Rams: $46M Buccaneers: $45.5M Panthers: $40M Falcons: $38.4M Vikings: $37.8M Giants: $32.8M Eagles: $32M Chiefs: $27.7M Jaguars: $24.7M Ravens: $18.5M Jets: $15M Seahawks: $13M Packers: $8.1M Steelers: $7.4M 49ers: $834K ——- Browns: -$6.2M Cowboys: -$8.1M Broncos: -$10.7 Chargers: -$22M Dolphins: -$38.5M Saints: -$40M Bills: -$41M

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Tom Pelissero 

The NFL announced today that the 2024 Salary Cap will be $255.4 million per club, with an additional $74 million per club payment for player benefits, which includes Performance Based Pay and benefits for retired players.

My initial reaction was “awesome, now we’ll have even more money to spend,” but on second consideration, I actually think this is bad news for us. We had much more of an advantage over most of the league when the cap was going to be lower.

Many more teams will now have actual dollars to spend with the cap being so much higher than expected. That’s inevitably going to drive prices up, and we’ll likely have to overpay to get our top targets if more of the currently competitive teams are able to bid for them. Plus, it will make it significantly more palatable for teams to use the franchise tag — so I think we’ll probably have to let go of the dreams of guys like Tee Higgins, Brian Burns, Josh Allen (DE), etc. for good.

Ben Standig

The Commanders announced the signing of free agent LB Keandre Jones.

Sam Fortier

Washington signed LB Keandre Jones, who went to Good Counsel and UMD.

Jones, a UDFA in 2020, has played for Chicago and Cincy. He's appeared in eight career games, nearly exclusively on special teams.

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Ben Standig

The Commanders announced the signing of free agent LB Keandre Jones.

Sam Fortier

Washington signed LB Keandre Jones, who went to Good Counsel and UMD.

Jones, a UDFA in 2020, has played for Chicago and Cincy. He's appeared in eight career games, nearly exclusively on special teams.

Good Counsel in Olney, MD! It's like 20 min from where I live. It's where Stefon Diggs went as well.

Edited by turtle28

Kind of wondering why John Keim is saying $75 mil but others are saying $87 mil.

Adam of Burgundy & Gold Report said the reason Keim said $75 mil is that's the projected cap after they sign 4 more players to get to 51.

Edited by turtle28

On 2/22/2024 at 5:12 PM, lavar703 said:

Can we just move Wylie over to the trash pile…

That's a lot of dead cap to pay for a guy to not be on your roster, same with Nick Gates but, it's not like we don't have the cap space to cut them. 

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Kind of wondering why John Keim is saying $75 mil but others are saying $87 mil.

Adam of Burgundy & Gold Report said the reason Keim said $75 mil is that's the projected cap after they sign 4 more players to get to 51.

He may also be deducting the money required to sign our draft picks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

He may also be deducting the money required to sign our draft picks

The draft picks are already factored in. The eleven million is dead money

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

The draft picks are already factored in. The eleven million is dead money

Keim is my guy, but I actually think he’s doing it wrong. They’re putting our top 51 at like $164M and our dead money at that almost $12M, for a total cap liability of $176M. 

That would be $79M in cap space, with the dead money figured in, based on the base $255M cap. But we didn’t hit the cap last year, so we must have rolled over some amount that would increase our individual salary cap. I think that might be where the differences are coming from between OTC and Spotrac, for example.

I kinda think he’s double counting the dead cap number. Either way, it’s an absolute ton. Especially without any huge FAs to resign. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, e16bball said:

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1761224782392229994?s=20

Bengals franchise Tee Higgins. 

Expected, but still a bummer.

Out of the guys available I like Gabe Davis, 6’2” 225 from Buffalo who’s a FA. Would cost about 4/yr 52m. I think he was underrated and under utilized in Buffalo. Big strong receiver who I think would complement the WR group. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Out of the guys available I like Gabe Davis, 6’2” 225 from Buffalo who’s a FA. Would cost about 4/yr 52m. I think he was underrated and under utilized in Buffalo. Big strong receiver who I think would complement the WR group. 

See, and I like Gabe, but I think someone is absolutely going to overpay for what he does. 

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

See, and I like Gabe, but I think someone is absolutely going to overpay for what he does. 

True & we have to balance if that cost is worth it for the production. It depends on the cost.