Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

Adam Schefter 

Texans’ key free agents this off-season: TE Dalton Schultz, DE Jonathan Greenard, RB Devin Singletary, DT Sheldon Rankins, CB Steven Nelson, WR Noah Brown, LB Blake Cashman, OT George Fant, DE Jerry Hughes, G Michael Deiter, LB Denzel Perryman, S Kareem Jackson, S DeAndre Houston-Carson, S Adrian Amos, DL Khalil Davis, DE Derek Barnett, CB Tavierre Thomas, OT Josh Jones, DT Teair Tart, P Cameron Johnston, K Ka'imi Fairbairn, RB Dare Ogunbowale, S Eric Murray, OT Charlie Heck, LS Jon Weeks.

Some interesting players who might be of interest 

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Adam Schefter 

Texans’ key free agents this off-season: TE Dalton Schultz, DE Jonathan Greenard, RB Devin Singletary, DT Sheldon Rankins, CB Steven Nelson, WR Noah Brown, LB Blake Cashman, OT George Fant, DE Jerry Hughes, G Michael Deiter, LB Denzel Perryman, S Kareem Jackson, S DeAndre Houston-Carson, S Adrian Amos, DL Khalil Davis, DE Derek Barnett, CB Tavierre Thomas, OT Josh Jones, DT Teair Tart, P Cameron Johnston, K Ka'imi Fairbairn, RB Dare Ogunbowale, S Eric Murray, OT Charlie Heck, LS Jon Weeks.

Some interesting players who might be of interest 

Only guys I'm interested in are Dalton Shultz & Michael Dieter to be our starting C.

24 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Only guys I'm interested in are Dalton Shultz & Michael Dieter to be our starting C.

Jonathan Greenard, liked him coming out of college I don’t think it’s very deep for DE in this draft. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think I have Bryce Huff at the top of my list. Possibly Onwenu as well. Not sure they’re going to be willing to spend that much though? 

I’ll stick with my top 2 of Hunt and Schultz at the moment not including resigning our own. 

• Like 1

Just now, MikeT14 said:

I’ll stick with my top 2 of Hunt and Schultz at the moment not including resigning our own. 

Dieter, Hunt & Shultz would be a great trio to sign for our OL & TE.

We need to get a slot CB & MLB though as well and a WR taller than 6’ while we move Dotson to the slot.

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I think I have Bryce Huff at the top of my list. Possibly Onwenu as well. Not sure they’re going to be willing to spend that much though? 

I think Bryce Huff is going to be one of the tougher players to project a contract for. To me (and to the Jets apparently), he’s a part-time player in a 4-3. Just too slight a frame to consistently hold up in-line.

But the first step and the bend are legitimately awesome, so he’s one of the better pure pass-rushers you’ll see. You wonder if he’s a guy whose value goes way up in a 3-4.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I think Bryce Huff is going to be one of the tougher players to project a contract for. To me (and to the Jets apparently), he’s a part-time player in a 4-3. Just too slight a frame to consistently hold up in-line.

But the first step and the bend are legitimately awesome, so he’s one of the better pure pass-rushers you’ll see. You wonder if he’s a guy whose value goes way up in a 3-4.

Yeah, not sure he’s an every down guy but he can really get after the QB? I think we might have something in Henry but that’s about it for the DEs

Edited by lavar703

38 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yeah, not sure he’s an every down guy but he can really get after the QB? I think we might have something in Henry but that’s about it for the DEs

@e16bball If we run a 4-3, you re-sign JSW to play on 1st downs & Bryce Huff plays on passing downs. Done and done.

38 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

@e16bball If we run a 4-3, you re-sign JSW to play on 1st downs & Bryce Huff plays on passing downs. Done and done.

Okay. How much are you paying for a guy who played 42% of the snaps in his breakout season?

On 1/16/2024 at 9:22 AM, MikeT14 said:

My initial thoughts:

Resign Kendall Fuller - 3 years, $36 million. $20 guaranteed. Out after two. 

I'm not opposed to just franchise tagging Curl if that's what we need to do. Otherwise, consider front loading the contract. 

Resign Cornelius Lucas - 1 year, $5 million. He's going to be 33 next year. No point in doing anything more than a year. 

Resign Jeremy Reaves - 2 years, $6 million

Resign Jamison Crowder - 1 year $1.5 million.

Resign Tyler Larsen - in case we need depth at the position. 1 year $1.5 million. 

Resign Khaleke Hudson - 2 years $3.5 million.

Resign Casey Toohill - 1 year $2 million. We will need bodies at the position. If he doesn't win a job, that's perfectly fine. 

--------------------------------

Sign Tyrod Taylor - 1 year, $5 million. I finally get what I have always wanted. He can mentor Maye. 

Sign Robert Hunt, G - 4 years, $55 million. I have no idea what he will go for. I tried for a Top 10 guard contract. 

Sign Dante Fowler, DE - 2 year, $5 million. 

Sign Malik Harrison, LB - 2 year $6 million

Sign a kicker. You can bring back Slye too. Just have a competition. 

---------------------------------

Draft: 

Round 1 (#2) - Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina

Round 2 (#35) - Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU

Round 2 (#40) - Bralen Trice, EDGE, Washington

Round 3 (#66) - Malachi Corley, WR, Western Kentucky

Round 3 (#100) - Will Shipley, RB, Clemson 

Round 4 (#103) - Cade Stover, TE, Ohio State

Round 5 (#135) - Dwight McGlothern CB, Arkansas

Round 6 (#180) - Tatum Bethune, LB, Florida State

Round 7 (#219) - Jalen Green, EDGE, James Madison

YASSS!!! Green is a BEAST. IF he hadn't gotten injured with 3 games to play, he'd have ended up the FBS sack leader. As it was, he STILL ended up only .5 sacks behind the sack leader.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

YASSS!!! Green is a BEAST. IF he hadn't gotten injured with 3 games to play, he'd have ended up the FBS sack leader. As it was, he STILL ended up only .5 sacks behind the sack leader.

I like his size! Kind of a late bloomer, but worth a flyer at your last pick. 

• Like 1