Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

12 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Jordan Schultz 

BREAKING: 4x Pro Bowl pass rusher Danielle Hunter plans to sign with the #Texans, sources tell @BleacherReport.

Danielle Hunter has agreed to terms with the Houston Texans, to return home! 2-years, 49m with 48m fully guaranteed. Contract has 51m total max. Deal done by @zekesandhu @KlutchSports

Nice Bag!

One of the few nearly fully guaranteed contracts out there, but only for two years.  Still, progress for the NFLPA I guess.  

• Like 1

Mark Tyler(Hogs Haven)

If Adam Peters gets us an OT and CB in the next few days, I'll feel very good about the direction of this team heading into late April's draft. 

CB:
🏈Jourdan Lewis
🏈Kristian Fulton
🏈Darnay Holmes

OT:
🏈Tyron Smith
🏈Jonah Williams
🏈Josh Jones
🏈Mekhi Becton

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Mark Tyler(Hogs Haven)

If Adam Peters gets us an OT and CB in the next few days, I'll feel very good about the direction of this team heading into late April's draft. 

CB:
🏈Jourdan Lewis
🏈Kristian Fulton
🏈Darnay Holmes

OT:
🏈Tyron Smith
🏈Jonah Williams
🏈Josh Jones
🏈Mekhi Becton

I would have liked too sign Kenny Moore for what the Colts paid especially Mekhi Becton is intriguing but injuries are def a concern. But the talent is there and he’s still very young. But it’s def a gamble signing

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

OT:
🏈Tyron Smith  
🏈Jonah Williams
🏈Josh Jones
🏈Mekhi Becton

Tyron Smith-  OLD and injuries building
Jonah Williams- Why is his current team not prioritizing keeping him?
Josh Jones- Why is his current team not prioritizing keeping him?
Mekhi Becton- Basically a reclamation project we will over pay 

I am not thrilled with any of these options.  We will overpay for all of them or get someone like Becton on a one year rental.  

Supposedly peters is building through draft.  Draft a tackle then.  I say sign Lucas, pick a tackle to groom. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Jonah Williams- Why is his current team not prioritizing keeping him?

He's played both LT and RT and struggled at both. He allowed just as many pressures as Wylie last year. 

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He's played both LT and RT and struggled at both. He allowed just as many pressures as Wylie last year. 

Right so he is a waste of money.  To me Lucas is better or as good as than Becton, Williams and Jones.  

Tyron Smith is obviously an elite LT but he is old and super expensive.  This draft is loaded with tackle talent...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

In the first round. Does it really drop off after that ? 

Probably wrong thread for this, but I think there is a ton of high ceiling, but not sure thing guys.  After the first couple top tackles there are probably 10 who have a shot at being legit starters.  Obviously most of them will be duds, but worth a shot.  This is why we hired Peters.  Find the needle.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, offbyone said:

This draft is loaded with tackle talent...

If we go QB in the 1st and don't address tackle with one of (if not both) our second round picks, I'm going to revolt. There are legitimately 6-10 day 1 starters, IMO, in the top 50 prospects. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

If we go QB in the 1st and don't address tackle with one of (if not both) our second round picks, I'm going to revolt. There are legitimately 6-10 day 1 starters, IMO, in the top 50 prospects. 

Yeah and I won't complain if Peters uses both to trade up to get one if he really likes one.

• Like 1

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2024-nfl-free-agency-team-by-team-grades-packers-falcons-eagles-ravens-earn-top-marks-cowboys-confuse/?fbclid=IwAR1sYSguMv4YpnQEy1DoNoCyhg1sDJR21ivLQbQ9s08jPFwVt_zNlAKL4ds

"Washington Commanders: B+

Key additions: RB Austin Ekeler, C Tyler Biadasz, DE Dorance Armstrong, TE Zach Ertz, OL Nick Allegretti, LB Frankie Luvu, K Brandon McManus, QB Marcus Mariota, DE Clelin Ferrell, S Jeremy Chinn, K Brandon McManus, LS Tyler Ott

Key re-signings: N/A

Key departures: QB Jacoby Brissett, RB Antonio Gibson 

The Commanders entered free agency with the most cap space in the NFL, and they acted like it on the first two days of the legal tampering period, coming to terms with 12 players. Two of them were also coached by new Washington head coach Dan Quinn in Dallas when Quinn was the Cowboys' defensive coordinator: center Tyler Biadasz and defensive lineman Dorance Armstrong. Both will be immediate starters. Washington's backfield pecking order will likely change as former Chargers running back Austin Ekeler, whose 69 scrimmage touchdowns are the most in the NFL since 2021, will now split time with Brian Robinson Jr. Ertz, a three-time Pro Bowler and Super Bowl champion, is the type of veteran leader the Commanders will want their new quarterback, the second overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, exposed to right away. Linebacker Frankie Luvu might be the best pickup of them all: he led all linebackers in completion percentage allowed (56.4%) as the nearest defender last season among those with at least 25 targets as the nearest defender, per Next Gen Stats. Safety Jeremy Chinn will provide a lift around the line of scrimmage against the run and on the back end of the defense in the passing. 

Washington was the league's worst scoring defense (30.5 points per game) and total defense (388.9 total yards per game) while allowing the most passing touchdowns (39) and the highest passer rating (105.7). Luvu and Chinn will play a big role in the team's needed defensive turnaround. "

We get a B+ so far in FA. It seems like a fair grade and probably one of the first times, in years, that the media is crediting us. #InPetersWeTrust

• Like 1

As a side note: 

These deals become official at 4PM EST today and the team will probably announce them in short order after that. The biggest reason to mention this is that until pen can be put to paper, these are essentially gentleman's agreements and we may see someone pull a JD McKissic and have a change of heart. 

• Like 1