Conference Championships

Leader

Just now, skibrett15 said:

Mason Rudolph though.... gotta be the worst QB in the playoffs by a huge margin.  Not to mention PIT is without their best player...

Smells like buffalo by a ton.

Yeah I hadn't realized Watt was injured when I saw that line.

BUF very well might win it all. 

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

They are hot but Josh Allen is like late career favre in terms of bone-headed decisions.  Some of the INTs he throws are truly awe inspiring plays!

He doesn't take sacks though, gotta give him the credit there.  And Buffalo's D just has to come up big when Allen has his inevitable stinker 2-3 quarters.  I hope Von Miller can return healthy that would be huge for them.

Assuming SF makes it out of the NFC I think that's a bad matchup for Buffalo.  Big assumption though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

They are hot but Josh Allen is like late career favre in terms of bone-headed decisions.  Some of the INTs he throws are truly awe inspiring plays!

He doesn't take sacks though, gotta give him the credit there.  And Buffalo's D just has to come up big when Allen has his inevitable stinker 2-3 quarters.  I hope Von Miller can return healthy that would be huge for them.

Assuming SF makes it out of the NFC I think that's a bad matchup for Buffalo.  Big assumption though.

Allen is a hoss. Capable of taking over any game or throwing it away. 

I have some pretty big bets this week

In order from smallest to biggest bets 

Cleveland -2 ( I know they don’t travel well but I’ll take the vet team )

Us +7 - I think we keep it real close. 

LAR +4 , I think they win the game. No way they stop LA 

KC ML. Miami is beat up, on the road, freezing temps. Not a chance they beat kc 

23 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

The big problem for the Bills in the AFC will be the random Josh Allen turnovers and the Ravens offense. Assuming they'll advance, maybe they get lucky and the winner of HOU/CLE knocks off the Ravens for them.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Mike Tomlin, "we're sticking with Mason Rudolph," is code for Kenny Picket doesn't have it. 

if you can't start Kenny Pickett in THIS game, he can't be your QB next year.  Makes no sense.

Rudolph is like, fine, whatever.  He could be a solid journeyman qb down the line here.  But I really think you gotta play the younger guy here and let him fail otherwise you will continually wonder what if?  I don't think there's a lot of playoff games you can win with Rudolph that you can't win with Pickett to be honest.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Nah not seeing it.  Really disappointed in Allen.  He's not having a good season.  It's Baltimore coming out of the AFC.  Besides we all know the Packers are going to win it all right?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

if you can't start Kenny Pickett in THIS game, he can't be your QB next year.  Makes no sense.

Rudolph is like, fine, whatever.  He could be a solid journeyman qb down the line here.  But I really think you gotta play the younger guy here and let him fail otherwise you will continually wonder what if?  I don't think there's a lot of playoff games you can win with Rudolph that you can't win with Pickett to be honest.

That was my point.

We are talking about how important it is for Love and this young team to get playoff experience. Tomlin doesn't think it's valuable for is young, supposedly franchise quarterback. Tell me he's not sold on Pickett. 

46 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

That was my point.

We are talking about how important it is for Love and this young team to get playoff experience. Tomlin doesn't think it's valuable for is young, supposedly franchise quarterback. Tell me he's not sold on Pickett. 

Yeah we agree.

Yeah it's clear he's not sold, but how can you GM/own a team with this decision being made?  That would be so frustrating to me if I were in the front office or making player decisions.  Now we basically have to wait another entire year to figure out QB while also making contingency plans?

• Like 1

On 1/8/2024 at 10:29 PM, Brat&Beer said:

Will Swifties pay for Peacock?

I am curious how much pushback there will be that NFL playoff games are now being moved exclusively to streaming services. The KC/MIA game is only the beginning of the NFL's next big money grab. I'd bet a good chunk of casual NFL fans won't realize this is happening until game day.

EDIT: Just to clarify, my understanding is that in market fans still get the game without needing to use Peacock.

Edited by Mazrimiv