Rayne Dakota Prescott

textaz03

What do you wanna see happen with Dak?   

18 members have voted

1. 1. What do you wanna see happen with Dak?

• Keep and resign
    • Cut pre-June 1st
    • Cut post June 1st
    • Trade prior March 17

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

How many have won a divisional game?

Further more, the logic is kind of dumb. Should the Giants keep Daniel Jones because a QB drafted after him has NEVER won the SB. Does that mean Jones is better than Prescott because less QBs drafted after him have gone all the way?  They could do worse than DJ you know. Can you imagine if they drafted Zach Wilson or Trey Lance two years later!? They really lucked out with DJ.

Fans are just ungrateful am I right? No QB drafted after DJ has ever won the SB and Jones has won a playoff game. They should never try to upgrade the position again! Right?

I mean why roll the dice on actual blue chip talent like Anthony Richardson, CJ Stroud, Bryce Young, and Will Levis. Did you see Young this year in Carolina?? WHAT A BUST!!!

I see no upside drafting blue chip QBs. I say we go for the Clayton Tunes, Dorian Thompsons, and Stetson Bennetts, that way if they actually become an average QB we can parade him around as our champion and tell everyone that it could be worse because look at Bryce Young. 

Even if you think Dak is good and just doesn’t have enough help, what do you think paying him more does?

*You have a great engine but your transmission is shot. What do you do?You can sell the engine and potentially get a better one and a new transmission with money left over. The engine may get a little worse but at least the truck will move now that it has all the parts. Yes theres a chance you buy an engine that’s completely blown, but at least you’ll have money to fix it. You can even mitigate that risk by shopping at the right store. 1st round motors. A store we haven’t purchased from since 1989. We won 3 championships with that engine btw.  Not every engine they sale is elite. Some are absolute duds, but the ones that work are award winning. They all have something that you can’t find at any other store. In fact, even if they don’t work out the resell value holds surprisingly well. 

I know we keep getting good deals at Day 3 Auto, but really we are just happy they work at all for the price we paid. 

There’s a lot options when you have a great engine and a shot transmission but the dumbest idea is to take all your money and chrome dip the engine and add new high heat paint. *

And yes an extension temporarily lowers his cap hit, but it only passes the buck. We were told four years ago that his contract looks bad now but in a few years after guys retire and other guys get paid it will look like a great deal. Here we are and the contract looks terrible. Highest cap hit in the league. It’s a **** deal, and has us against the ropes. 

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

How many have won a divisional game?

Further more, the logic is kind of dumb. Should the Giants keep Daniel Jones because a QB drafted after him has NEVER won the SB. Does that mean Jones is better than Prescott because less QBs drafted after him have gone all the way?  They could do worse than DJ you know. Can you imagine if they drafted Zach Wilson or Trey Lance two years later!? They really lucked out with DJ.

Fans are just ungrateful am I right? No QB drafted after DJ has ever won the SB and Jones has won a playoff game. They should never try to upgrade the position again! Right?

I mean why roll the dice on actual blue chip talent like Anthony Richardson, CJ Stroud, Bryce Young, and Will Levis. Did you see Young this year in Carolina?? WHAT A BUST!!!

I see no upside drafting blue chip QBs. I say we go for the Clayton Tunes, Dorian Thompsons, and Stetson Bennetts, that way if they actually become an average QB we can parade him around as our champion and tell everyone that it could be worse because look at Bryce Young. 

Is Jones a terrible QB? Yes 

Is Dak a Top 5 QB coming off a MVP caliber Season? Yes 

The two are not anywhere close to one another, and Will Levis is far from a Blue Chip talent - lastly, are you suggesting Dak is an average QB? 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 12:40 PM, MaddHatter said:

Is Jones a terrible QB? Yes 

Is Dak a Top 5 QB coming off a MVP caliber Season? Yes 

The two are not anywhere close to one another, and Will Levis is far from a Blue Chip talent - lastly, are you suggesting Dak is an average QB? 

Will Levis was Mel Kipers 2nd ranked QB and the 2023 consensus big board compiled from over 175 big boards had him as the 10th best prospect overall. So yes… he was. Just because he fell and the Titans got great value doesn’t mean you can rewrite who he was as a prospect with the benefit of hindsight. 

2. I think Dak is an overachiever who has had the benefit of being on an absolutely stacked roster his entire career. He was placed on a SB ready roster from day 1, and has had many opportunities since. I believe he is a guy who can win superbowls in this league the way Russell Wilson did early with Seattle. But once you pay Wilson and his talent around him fades so does his win percentage. Although you could do worse than Russ.

Dak is also very up and down. He is one of the least consistent QBs I’ve ever seen. In 2018 NFL.com said this:

Earlier this week, NFL.com published an article listing the most and the least consistent quarterbacks in the league last season. The way the list works is measuring “their average 2017 swing in week-to-week passer rating.” In the list, Dak Prescott is listed as the third least consistent QB in the league, with only Cam Newton and Derek Carr behind him.”

In 2022, Next Gen stats said this: “If the Cowboys are going to make a Super Bowl run, Prescott will have to avoid games like he had during his midseason "slump." Prescott put up a passing score below 77 in five of six games from Weeks 9 through 14. The only other playoff quarterback to have even four such games this season is Ben Roethlisberger (8).”

2023 we had the TB playoff Dak which was immediately followed by evil 49ers Dak.

I use ANY/A a lot to really see the correlation between winning and how much of it is because the QB. Dak has had some really good years and some really bad years. Which is his trade mark. He was great this year in the regular season only to promptly start throwing interceptions the moment the playoffs started. He’s a roller coaster and I want off. He’s a bi-polar QB. The good times are great and the bad times are terrible. The relationship is stressful. His career average in ANY/A is 11th. Which means most years he’s above average. 

Elite QBs are great sometimes and other times can look average. Dak looks great sometimes and other times looks completely lost. His lows are really low. He definitely isn’t keeping me from looking elsewhere because his dependability 

Edited by DaBoys

6 hours ago, DaBoys said:

........... evil 49ers Dak.

We have already been through that several times and the game was lost by bad play calling and Gallup quitting a route which turned into an interception.

6 hours ago, DaBoys said:

........... other times looks completely lost.

Most of that is the Dullard who calls plays. Or do you not know why he got fired from GB? Dak has never had great coaching.

1 minute ago, MaddHatter said:

Bruh - without restructuring or extending Dak, we still have $50-60m in cap space freed up by restructuring a handful of guys.  We didn't NOT sign Tyron b/c of Dak's contract.

Well, until they actually do some restructuring or extensions, we don’t exactly know what space we will have. This front office won’t do squat until probably the 10th. 3 days prior to the start of the new League Year. This team ALWAY’s waits till the 11th hour to do anything. 

My take….    Expecting anything but winning a Super Bowl is the bar.  

Trading Dak-   Just remember what this organization got in the Coop trade and you expect them to be able to turn Dak into a cash cow… of great picks!

drafting a QB over the last few years has not won you a Super Bowl unless you got Mahomes 

The rams won by trading for a QB.  Just remember sure they win the Super Bowl but don’t forget they were also gifted a playoff win in the divisional round by the REFS….  That year….   

I totally believe we can win a Super Bowl with Dak….    He showed the mental toughness needed in his Rook season. In the TB playoff.  I also would add the Rams loss as well IMO.   I 100% believe if we swap coaches with SF we win both those games ditto the GB playoff game.  

on another side note.  Sure I am 100% feel winning the superbowl is the goal and how I view a successful or unsuccessful season.   But I would much rather have what we did the last three years and going into next year with Dak.  Then having 3-4 years 5-7 wins ….

also just to get a feel…    Should Balt Cincy and Buffalo have resigned their QB’s…..

Edited by quiller
  • Like 1

Y'know what the main difference between those guys and Dak is though? They all had GMs and coaches who made smart football decisions at key moments and knew how to build rosters. 

Dak doesn't have that. He's got Jerry and Stephen who overrule a smart football guy in Will McClay (who could probably build a SB contending team if they let him) because they're so egocentric and cheap. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Y'know what the main difference between those guys and Dak is though? They all had GMs and coaches who made smart football decisions at key moments and knew how to build rosters. 

Dak doesn't have that. He's got Jerry and Stephen who overrule a smart football guy in Will McClay (who could probably build a SB contending team if they let him) because they're so egocentric and cheap. 

You’re right, but Dak Prescrott also isn’t nearly as talented as Brady, Roethlisberger and Brees were. Let’s not forget that. Their respective abilities as QBs were significantly superior to Prescott in almost every aspect of the game.

31 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

You’re right, but Dak Prescrott also isn’t nearly as talented as Brady, Roethlisberger and Brees were. Let’s not forget that. Their respective abilities as QBs were significantly superior to Prescott in almost every aspect of the game.

He may not be as talented, but he isn't far off. 

• Like 1

Dak ain’t winning the SB. He can barely win a playoff game. 

All of those 3 other QBs began their careers in a different era of the NFL. Hell why not compare his stats to Bart Starr and Otto Graham while you’re at it. If we are going to be disingenuous let’s take it all the way.

Brady entered the league in 2000, Brees in 2001. You used to be able to absolutely mug WRs as long as the ball wasn’t in the air and you didn’t hold. And defenseless WR wasn’t a thing. Safeties made their living KO-ing WRs over the middle. Now you literally can’t touch them past 5 yards or tackle them too hard or too soon after the catch. And you could rough up the QB WAY more back then. You could go low, go high, go hard as long as it wasn’t too late after the throw. Now it’s nearly illegal to get sacked.

In fact, it was Peyton Mannings’ WRs getting mugged by the Rodney Harrison and the Patriots DBs that started the illegal contact renaissance. They weren’t putting up enough offense so they literally changed the rules to create more. Something all modern QBs benefit from. And it was Tom Brady getting hurt that led to rule changes that protected the QB against low hits. 

The average QRR, Pass cmpl%, and TD rate have gone up dramatically since the year 2000 while the Sack rate, and INT% has fallen off a cliff. Please compare his stats to his contemporaries. 

And to say Dak “isnt far off” from Tom Brady is an absolute delusion. It’s maddening that you aren’t trolling and you really believe that. 

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 2