Pre-Divisional Round Weekend Mock

BowserBroncos

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

A Ss that can very likely man up on tes and some WRs 

Look im not dissing on his skill all im saying is we do have somewhat ok SS's in Richie Grant and Demarco Hellams.  Our QB is Desmond Ridder and we have 1 WR on the entire team under contract right now in Drake London.   We have to come up with at minimum 5 new WR's to pair with him this offseason as of right now lol.    Edge Rushers we have Arnold Ebeketie who got 6 sacks and a 3rd round guy last year in Zach Harrison who has some upside with 3 sacks.   Bud Dupree, Callias Campbell, and Lorenzo Carter are all free agents.   So thats about it for our edge rushing department is those 2 guys lol. 

On 1/20/2024 at 2:06 PM, LinderFournette said:

While I get the CB pick I'm not sold on Kool-aid being the guy. 

If we go corner I'd go Dejean because at the very least he can play all 5 spots in the secondary. 

Keon Coleman would be a great choice to give Trevor his big wr he's lacked since Clemson. 

Dallas Turner makes sense as Josh Allen is set as a free agent but it would be idiotic to let him walk.  Still could use an edge 3 and could let the jags mismatch walker inside. 

Jackson powers-johnson and Barton would shore up that interior line where Fortner need improving but so does LG and to an extent RG(for the money we pay scherff he better be an all pro)

Hard to say where the jags go cuz it's so dependent on cuts and signings. 

Yeah.  I can see why there's a CB pick, but i feel like there are more pressing things for the Jaguars to address.  Though the priority of those things can definitely end up shifting depending on what sort of signings they're able to make, and which guys end up being cap cuts.

I'd agree with Keon Coleman.  He'd be a great fit for what the receiving corps needs.  You could really just swap him with the Philly pick, where the Eagles could certainly use a CB like Kool Aid as a seemingly pretty pressing need.  Probably both teams go home happy with that.

• Like 1

I could definitely see the Vikings going CB. I prefer Cooper Dejean, but that is me. I hope that one of the QB's, Penix, Nix, or McCarthy will interview well and rise to the top. McCarthy would probably need to sit a season, but QB is definitely a strong need for the Vikings.

12 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  I can see why there's a CB pick, but i feel like there are more pressing things for the Jaguars to address.  Though the priority of those things can definitely end up shifting depending on what sort of signings they're able to make, and which guys end up being cap cuts.

I'd agree with Keon Coleman.  He'd be a great fit for what the receiving corps needs.  You could really just swap him with the Philly pick, where the Eagles could certainly use a CB like Kool Aid as a seemingly pretty pressing need.  Probably both teams go home happy with that.

I can see the jags cutting Williams and/or Jenkins.  

I figure Dejean would at worst give us a good nickel or s while being an option at CB or let the DC be more aggressive 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tugboat said:

With the jags newest DC we might need new corners unless he's going to adjust into more zone instead of man

9 hours ago, Daniel said:

Titans taking a tackle?  Awesome.

I figure that a big need and at this range Joe Alt will probably be the BPA.

But let's see how it goes now that you guys got Brian Callahan....he might look at a guy like Rome Odunze if he is available.

On 1/20/2024 at 9:29 AM, BowserBroncos said:

- Cincinnati Bengals trade #18, #49 and a 2025 3rd round pick to the Atlanta Falcons for #8

I like the idea of picking up an extra 2 this year to give the new coach an extra 2 and 3 to play with (3 from the Ridley trade). But would want to see that 2 flipped for Justin Fields with the 3 for next year. 

On 1/20/2024 at 9:29 AM, BowserBroncos said:

18. Atlanta Falcons (via Bengals) - Cooper DeJean - CB - Iowa

Would be a SS here. So not a horrible pick. 

On 1/21/2024 at 4:54 AM, FalconFan13 said:

That works out well because we don't need Dejean so yall are more than welcome to him :)

DeJean would be a SS here. Would be a great fit too. I don't know if the Falcons need a SS like that with Hellams emerging. But if the right coach comes in, DeJean could be a 3rd CB/3rd S type guy who plays a big nickel.

15 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

I figure that a big need and at this range Joe Alt will probably be the BPA.

But let's see how it goes now that you guys got Brian Callahan....he might look at a guy like Rome Odunze if he is available.

He better stop. Titans have the worst OL in the league and it’s getting our QBs murdered.

• Like 1

Saints would not make the trade up for a DT.  They have more pressing needs on the OL and would probably just draft the best OT that fell to them as Penning hasn't panned out and Ramzy has knee issues and might end up retiring sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

The Raiders could go CB here and if that is the case it would be Wiggins over Mitchell however with a QB on the board like McCarthy he should be the pick.  He is quite raw and should sit for most of the year, if not the full year but the upside potential is there.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The Raiders could go CB here and if that is the case it would be Wiggins over Mitchell however with a QB on the board like McCarthy he should be the pick.  He is quite raw and should sit for most of the year, if not the full year but the upside potential is there.  

Agree with you on McCarthy, I do think he can start right away, and I think any team that drafts him in the 11-20 range will be very happy with the pick in a few years. That said, lots of people with good connections in the league have reported that the range for him right now is 25-40 picks. Maybe that changes when the draft interviews start.

I've thought of Wiggins too, but I've see variuos reports that Mitchell is fairly high (as Terrion Arnold) in the leagues view, some reports say both could go CB1 and CB2 over Kool-Aid, DeJean and Wiggins.

15 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

That's my point with the pick of DeJean to the Falcons.

If they hire Bill Belichick like it looks like they will do.....DeJean will probably pretty high on his board.

Belichick isn't close to a done deal. Trust me on that one.

• Like 1