Free Agency 2024

53 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Wilkins and Collins would be dynamic as our two DTs. If we brought back Greenard and Anderson on the outside, I’m not sure how you block that. 

problem is that with Greenard and Wilkins, we can’t afford a secondary that will be able to cover for more than 3 seconds. 

I would say at this point it’s either agree are or Wilkins with the other position being our 1st round pick. 

spend the money on a corner. Draft a linebacker in round 2. 

that’s our best bet. 

If that is the route you take, you can draft a CB @ 23 and sign a vet to come with him. We aren't used to it but it's what good teams do. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Blaze said:

If that is the route you take, you can draft a CB @ 23 and sign a vet to come with him. We aren't used to it but it's what good teams do. 

I'm hoping they sign Wilkins, draft an edge at 1-23 and Payton Wilson at 2-59, as well as bring back Cashman and Nelson. Then add a CB in rd 3 and a S in Rd. 4

Then draft the best WR available with the other 4th rd pick. This can be done and the front 7 would be one of the fastest and best in the NFL. Plus the secondary would be much better too, a top 10 defense.

7 hours ago, Blaze said:

Rookie CBs struggle bus in year 1. We would have to sign a vet to start. 

ESPN has some of our guys ranked in spots that make me think we can resign them. Assuming the market is actually anything like espns rankings. Here’s a few guys that might come back cheaper than expected 

Sheldon Rankins ranked 51

blake Cashman ranked 59

steven Nelson ranked 72

I’d be ok bringing them all back. One name that has been linked to us is Azeez Al-Shaair. He’s ranked 76, so if we think he’s equal to Cashman, he could be cheaper. 

again I realize it’s an espn ranking so it doesn’t necessarily equal real life value but it’s just something to consider. 

6 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

Speaking of which, Justin Simmons with Denver just got cut. 

GO GET HIM!!!!

I was literally thinking no way Denver cuts him.... trade him, but not cut... wow

My ideal scenario for free agency and the draft as of right now. 

Sign Wilkins, Queen, and Simmons - addressing all 3 levels of the defense.

Let Greenard and Cashman walk, but retain Motor. 

Draft Latu in the first, grab a corner and a speedy receiver day 2. 

Sign Nelson if he’s willing to comeback on a team friendly deal.

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Ward can be cut for nearly 4 million in savings but if we bring in a safety, I’d prefer to keep ward and start him, move Pitre to the bench so that when ward is missing his 8 games we have someone that can play. 

The best ability is availability 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ObotimusPrime said:

Let Greenard and Cashman walk, but retain Motor

I'm with you on Greenard, but I'd rather keep Cashman and let Motor walk. I think that there's going to be a real reckoning at RB in FA - top guys such as Barkley, Jacobs and such are going to get deals (not very big deals mind you, maybe $8-9mm AAV) then there's going to be a long wait between the 2/3 tier guys getting contracts. 

Motor is good but I wouldn't consider him part of that top tier of guys available. I'd argue you could get more productive guys such as Zack Moss or D'Andre Swift for as much as Singletary.

• Like 1