49ers [24] Packers [21] - PostGame Thread

CWood21

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

What was there to complain about with that call?   That was the easiest DPI call to make

Agreed...but my two friends who are 49er fans called me this morning and they were complaining loudly that Melton helped cause it and it really was not all that bad and Melton didn't really go for the ball and so the refs "should have let them play". They also thought the Packers were getting away with holding all game long and that Doubs committed offensive PI on that touchdown to Kraft. 

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Call me crazy, but I'd still do the trade even with the power of hindsight.

If he had a super expensive contract then yea, no problem whatsoever, but he was making like 7 million a year and we had him under contract for another year.

So I was right to assume that dropped Savage pick-six (and other dropped INT) would come back to bite us in the *** and Barry was gonna Barry when our D needed a stop at the end?

Damn this one hurts. On the one hand, we showed we’re for real with a team that’s only gonna continue to get better and we got further than we had any right to go, but it still stings seeing us lose like that and to the Niners again.

Edited by KManX89

We should bring back Mason Crosby. Quite frankly we should have never gotten rid of him. I wanted him to set a pro football record by playing at least 22 seasons with us and never play for another team, breaking the record shared by Lou Groza of the Browns and Jason Hanson of the Lions. When a Packer breaks a record held by someone who played for a division rival it is always cause for celebration.

9 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Rasul was absolutely a success story with him, but lets say he has a great secondary, what is he going to do with it? He's turned Ja from Ja Money to Ja Small Bills, we all thought Savage was the next coming of Nick Collins under Pettine, not probably 90% of the fan base will celebrate if he signs elsewhere, Stokes wasn't able to maintain his rookie dominance. 

Legit question, Gute signs a nice vet safety, takes a corner round 1, a safety day 2 and some fliers on day 3. Based on past performances of our roster, what makes you think Barry and our staff turn them into players?

I think savage turned himself into what he's become.  Amos was head and shoulders above him for every snap they ever played together.  He didn't turn Amos into a pumpkin

3 hours ago, nickel said:

Not suggesting in anyway, shape, or form that LaFleur deserves to be, or should be fired.

Just want to make that clear from the start.

But...as we start thinking about the new window...what sort of timeline does he have to get this team over the top?

We've seen his teams have their seasons end losing winnable games to beatable teams the last four seasons.

I know we all feel like this was a house-money situation and a rebuilding year and all that but...at some point it doesn't really matter what seed you are or how old or young your roster is.

Ya gotta...win winnable games against beatable teams.

At what point do the expectations change?

Losing these winnable games against beatable teams is becoming a trend, as is seeing them lose in predictable ways. It's kind of crazy to know that all us chumps sitting on the couch can see the train coming down the track (special teams errors, defensive failures) and the coach...doesn't?

Overall I lean heavy on the pro-LaFleur side, but hard to watch seasons end like this every year and feel like he's gonna be the guy to bring another trophy to GB.

Seasons like this are reasons why he is exactly the guy to bring another trophy to GB, not marks against him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pf9 said:

We should bring back Mason Crosby. Quite frankly we should have never gotten rid of him. I wanted him to set a pro football record by playing at least 22 seasons with us and never play for another team, breaking the record shared by Lou Groza of the Browns and Jason Hanson of the Lions. When a Packer breaks a record held by someone who played for a division rival it is always cause for celebration.

Really? His leg is shot. Could barely kick it to the 10 yard line. Crosby's career fg% is 81.3 with several years below 80%. Carlson is at 81.8%. Crosby had multiple years of missing 3 or 4 extra points. Carlson missed 5.

Carlson is a rookie. Give him a chance to develop. Our long snapper didn't do him any favors last night either. Sad that people are piling on a rookie like this. How many missed opportunities did our veterans have that could have won the game?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cousin Eddie said:

Really? His leg is shot. Could barely kick it to the 10 yard line. Crosby's career fg% is 81.3 with several years below 80%. Carlson is at 81.8%. Crosby had multiple years of missing 3 or 4 extra points. Carlson missed 5.

Carlson is a rookie. Give him a chance to develop. Our long snapper didn't do him any favors last night either. Sad that people are piling on a rookie like this. How many missed opportunities did our veterans have that could have won the game?

Carlson was less than subpar this season, but his miss last night was not nearly as costly as a lot of other mistakes made during the game. 

Bring him back to camp next year and give him some serious competition.  He will either rise to the challenge or the Packers will move on.  

Me predicting Purdy would be a one-season wonder isn't the first time I've made a very bad prediction.

I once predicted that after the 2015 Broncos started 6-0 in their last season with Peyton Manning, they would lose their last 10 games in a historic collapse, one that would have started against the Packers on SNF, at the time Manning had not had a losing season since 2001. The prediction backfired on me badly and the Broncos ended up winning the Super Bowl (but have not been back to the playoffs since).

Hopefully I won't make any more predictions that turn out very badly for me.