Conference Championship: San Francisco 49ers vs Detroit Lions

Just now, JIllg said:

Yeah, he's had a bad game. And he's yet to have a really good playoff gamet (although I disagree on the Dallas game - I watched that film closely and thought he saved us a lot of negative plays on a day where we were killed up front and coaching-wise; sometimes great games aren't impressive games). I have some reasonable excuses - Detroit is killing our guards with guys that haven't had 30 pressures on the year - Aiyuk dropped a good playmaking opportunity. But he hasn't been the Purdy we know and love.

The nicest thing I can say about the Dallas game was that I didn't think he lost it, even if I don't think he won it. Grading on a curve (7th round rookie qb), I thought it was good.  I mentioned it when we played Dallas earlier this year; I went back and watched that game and I was just floored by how often Dallas really just shot themselves in the foot. I thought they lost it more than anything. 

Got very fortunate on the bounce big play but you need that when trying to make a big comeback. 

The defense didn't look great even on the last drive so they have to be better here. Get a quick stop please. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Got very fortunate on the bounce big play but you need that when trying to make a big comeback. 

The defense didn't look great even on the last drive so they have to be better here. Get a quick stop please. 

I've given up hope on Young doing anything, but it would be nice to see Hargrave or Armstead with a big sack or run stuff on this drive