2023 AFC Championship: (3) Kansas City Chiefs @ (1) B'more 'vens

Who's going to the Super Bowl?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the AFCCG

• Ravens
    • Chiefs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/28/2024 at 08:00 PM

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If Willie Gay can't go, who will be the guy spying Lamar and do the Chiefs trust him to have Lamar not run for 150?

I doubt they would've done a true spy most of the time anyway tbh. Spags is never that straight forward. He's gonna do some weird stuff to try to stop it regardless.

But when they do, will probably depend on personnel. Could see a bit of Tranquil or Chenal if we need a LB. Conner if we need a S.

We have good depth behind both Thuney and Gay. But definitely still a drop off at both spots. Allegretti is a good backup, but definitely a backup. Bolton, Tranquil, Chenal is still a good main corp of 3 LBs, but none are quite as fast as Gay (though Tranquil is still quite fast. We had him deep in cover 2 for a snap or two last week lol.)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Why would the Ravens ever attempt a pass in this game? KC has zero shot at stopping this running game. Time to play some bully football

We do a pretty good job in recent history adjusting to stop the run when we need to. We kind of hand wave stopping the run most games, never really invest that much into it. But in the postseason when we think that's going to be the opposing team's gameplan, we've done well the past few years. Philly couldn't run on us last year, save one good Hurts scramble. Henry ran all over us in the regular season a few years back just to do nothing in the post season.

I know it sounds like BS, but Reid and Spags step up their gameplanning a lot in January and February.

I worry more about Andrews/Likely. I could see us getting aggressive to stop the run, and I think there's ample reason to trust the ability of Sneed/McDuffie and our depth at CB against their WR corp. Don't have as reliable of man coverage options inside, though. Tranquil and Reid are good in this regard, but Bolton is going to have to cover somebody.

• Like 1

Just now, Xenos said:

An underestimated part of making it to the end, to be honest. We were mostly healthy in 2019 and 2022. We were decimated by the end in 2020. This year we aren't terribly beaten up, a lot of guys playing, but playing hurt, more than our or on IR, but we're not nearly as healthy as Baltimore right now.

• Like 1

Just now, Jakuvious said:

Why was Tucker over there? Isn't it pretty standard for teams to split the field for warmups? Feels like Tucker was surrounded by KC players and staff. 

Don't kickers do pregame stuff on both sides of the field?