Board Games (Reviews, Rules, Regulations, Random)

The Gnat

4 hours ago, The Gnat said:

We started Prophecy of Dragons, and now we have a better idea of what we need to do after two runs through. I'm liking it quite well thus far though I know we have a good amount to unlock still.

Glad that you enjoyed Marcy Case. I thought that they handled the zombie theme really well, it was there, but it wasn't ZOMBIES OMG!

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, we ended up using that, though we tried to do the river first.

Did you happen to encounter my avatar during Asylum? 

5 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Two board games dropped:

Etherfield from Awaken Realms
and
Dice Throne Adventures

on Kickstarter today, and it would be something like $225 for both of them at not that high a backing level. Etherfield seems really unique, and I like Dice Throne the game that I've played, and the Adventures seems fun.

Plus, Tainted Grail unboxing happened which I backed from Awaken Realms last year, so that's getting close.

When I get yelled at when the credit card bill comes in, I'm blaming you.

18 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Did you happen to encounter my avatar during Asylum? 

I do seem to remember him.

14 hours ago, Woz said:

When I get yelled at when the credit card bill comes in, I'm blaming you.

If we combine our game boxes from the KS yesterday, we can probably build a decent house to live in.

56 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

If we combine our game boxes from the KS yesterday, we can probably build a decent house to live in.

I managed to pry my wife off of the ceiling when I explained that there were multiple games included in the charges.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 7:31 AM, The Gnat said:

I also think the "Well that's what my character would do!!" argument will always end up with me responding "That's fine, but if you're taking away from everyone else's fun at the table, stop."

Agree with this.

And quite honestly, anyone who uses their alignment as an excuse to do things that ruin other people's enjoyment or railroad the party is just a bad player. If Hannibal Lecter could work (at least partially) with Clarice, your stupid DnD character can work with the party. That doesn't mean you can't do some goofy stuff to play up your general alignment, but those things should be in line with the party's goals.

4 hours ago, pwny said:

Agree with this.

And quite honestly, anyone who uses their alignment as an excuse to do things that ruin other people's enjoyment or railroad the party is just a bad player. If Hannibal Lecter could work (at least partially) with Clarice, your stupid DnD character can work with the party. That doesn't mean you can't do some goofy stuff to play up your general alignment, but those things should be in line with the party's goals.

PREACH!!!

My party finally got through my railroad-y "find the scepter and staff for the king" part of the story. I gave them the option to seek out the leader of the underground, who was also seeking these artifacts via a dead body that failed. The body had a note.

Now it's open world. And I couldn't be more excited.

Our warlock wants to keep the scepter. Our druid doesn't care. Our ranger is on the fence. And our rogue is all about it seeking out G (the leader of the underground, whom he's heard of vaguely).

They returned to the city that G seems to have recently taken over (per the note); it was the first one they met in. It's much nicer now, with obvious construction of new buildings and renovation of existing ones. The old inn (Elderberry Inn) is now named Elderberry Chateau. And it's obviously beautiful now. Our rogue saw the thieves' cant hidden about the place indicating they need to speak to the barkeep. The trip they took to recover these artifacts took almost two weeks.

And that's where we left off. Took three hours to get there. But we finally did it.

It took over a month of three-four sessions to get through the first big dungeon.

I also goofed with the first tiefling they met. It was a female. So I immediately opted for a high-end pitched voice.

It ended up sounding like Mickey Mouse.

So now tieflings and devils probably have to sound to similar to Mickey Mouse for the rest of the campaign. Neat.

Luckily tieflings are rare.

10 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I also goofed with the first tiefling they met. It was a female. So I immediately opted for a high-end pitched voice.

It ended up sounding like Mickey Mouse.

So now tieflings and devils probably have to sound to similar to Mickey Mouse for the rest of the campaign. Neat.

Luckily tieflings are rare.

Player: Our next quest should be to find more tieflings.

Rest of Players : Totally

DM: :|

15 hours ago, pwny said:

Is Hive worth picking up?

I haven't played, but I've seen it played and had it kind of explained to me. It seems like a really in depth strategy game, if that's what you want, you'll probably enjoy it. I haven't heard people say bad things about the game.

10 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

They visited her twice just because they could. Luckily she's a travelling vender so she won't be there the next day.

Player: We should make her our personal vendor

Rest of Players: Let's kidnap her

DM: ...

Gonna ask again, since it's been two years since I last asked.

Favorite two-player games? Would prefer cooperative games, but willing to do some competitive ones.

We've played Arkham Horror LCG and really like it.

Is Pandemic Legacy good as a two-player? Think that might be my next pick up