Raiders expected to hire Tom Telesco as the GM

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Idk they hired Brandon Staley(who I knew would suck), very fast. 

😂

Chargers are cheap with coaching , how much did they pay Staley?

News came out that Jim Harbaugh was taking a second interview with a Falcons. Then a few hours later news came out the Harbaugh cancel the second interview.

I think that is all related to getting the Spanos to pay more money to Harbaugh lol 

Press conference was kind of fun to watch for a few mins with AP getting the whole crowd to go "Raaaaaaaiiiiiiiddderrrrrs" lol. Other than that there wasn't much substance. Tom didn't really say much (which probably isn't a bad thing, don't want him sharing his plans openly with the rest of the league lol). Kind of a waste of time to watch the press conference other than feeling the energy AP brings to a room.

20 minutes ago, RaisinBran said:

Press conference was kind of fun to watch for a few mins with AP getting the whole crowd to go "Raaaaaaaiiiiiiiddderrrrrs" lol. Other than that there wasn't much substance. Tom didn't really say much (which probably isn't a bad thing, don't want him sharing his plans openly with the rest of the league lol). Kind of a waste of time to watch the press conference other than feeling the energy AP brings to a room.

One thing that makes me smile with Antonio Pierce is that whatever he is or isn't as a coach, you can just tell he absolutely loves it, just adores what he does, its really genuine with him even if he can be a bit cringeworthy at times. A little like if one of us here suddenly got a really prominent role in the draft room, living the dream! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PhillyRaider said:

I'm paraphrasing here but to the best of my memory...

Reporter: "what are you looking for in an offensive coordinator?"

AP: "24 points at least. Nah, but not every player or coach is meant to be a Raider."

AP gets it. That's damn right.

I love how refreshingly honest he is, even in his joking. You don't get it a lot from HC's

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The last sentence in this is good news.

Telesco got the Chargers into a pretty bad cap situation this past couple of years, but Delaney seems to have done a nice job keeping our own cap under control. If he is keeping an eye on Telesco’s spending then that’s a positive.

• Like 5

I couldn’t care less of what was said at the press conference. Coaches always talk a big game and get people excited. Gruden, JDR, Jackson and Shell were all guys who talked about intensity bringing back the Raider way. 

I want to see him hire a guy who can coach a 24 point a game offense. Not Luke Getsy. 

I want to see them draft a QB in the first 2 rounds. 

If these things aren’t done I’m not seeing guys who want to win. Coaches who focus on defense and a running game are guys who play to not lose instead of win. That won’t cut it against Reid, Payton and Harbaugh. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I couldn’t care less of what was said at the press conference. Coaches always talk a big game and get people excited. Gruden, JDR, Jackson and Shell were all guys who talked about intensity bringing back the Raider way. 

I want to see him hire a guy who can coach a 24 point a game offense. Not Luke Getsy. 

I want to see them draft a QB in the first 2 rounds. 

If these things aren’t done I’m not seeing guys who want to win. Coaches who focus on defense and a running game are guys who play to not lose instead of win. That won’t cut it against Reid, Payton and Harbaugh. 

To be fair, it already has worked lmao

But yes, I get what you’re saying

Really turned off by all the doom and gloom around here about having Harbaugh in the division along with Reid and Payton. That’s some chicken little ish. For all we know, AP is the next coach to rise up to stardom. It remains to be seen. The fact of the matter is, AP is 3-1 vs the division and he did this with a limited 4th round rookie as his QB. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

To be fair, it already has worked lmao

But yes, I get what you’re saying

Yeah but the West isn’t going lie down out of pity like the girl at prom next season. 

Edited by Chali21