Boston College Head Coach Jeff Hafley is Packers New DC

2024 DC Search  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT to be the next DC?

• Jeff Hafley
    • Jim Leonhard
    • Wink Martindale
    • Ejiro Evero
    • Christian Parker
    • Zach Orr
    • Jesse Minter
    • Anthony Weaver
    • Chris Hewitt
    • Al Harris
    • Larry Foote
    • Aden Durde
    • Dennard Wilson
    • Aubrey Pleasant
    • Brandon Staley
    • Joe Barry
    • Bobby Babich
    • Mike Vrabel
    • Leslie Frazier
    • Chris Harris

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2024 at 01:07 AM

Canales has let go Carolina's current ST coordinator and now released their offensive coordinator. You just got the feeling he will let Evero go too and just start afresh.

The Packers job is probably his if he doesn't get Seattle's HC gig. LaFleur probably doesn't even need to over think it with his DC search.

He was a good fit then and he's still a good fit now.

Evero had two thrash years in a row with bad head coaches and offences but was somehow able to be respectable on defence. He's going to want to make sure he lands somewhere better or he will lose his shot at head coach one day. Green Bay is the few spots that makes sense for him.

Edited by Chili

I’d be happy enough with Evero. I don’t favor the scheme, but I really like the way he talks and thinks about defense. I suppose I would bank on Evero maximizing the potential of a scheme that I’ve grown somewhat tired of. After all, every scheme is designed to work. It’s just having the players and situational coaching that make the difference. Hopefully he’s better at the situational piece of it than Barry was. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chili said:

Canales has let go Carolina's current ST coordinator and now released their offensive coordinator. You just got the feeling he will let Evero go too and just start afresh.

The fact that he wasn't let go despite their OC and ST coordinators being released says they might be expecting Evero to stick with them as DC.  I wouldn't be surprised if Tepper mandated whoever was hired as HC kept Evero around as DC.

• Like 1

So the Chi, NE, LAC, Philly DC openings are filled. That leaves Mia, LAR, ATL (non-playcaller opening), Sea (no HC yet so week/weeks away, Wash (same), Tenn, NYG.

Believe LV and Car want to retain Graham and Eviro, not sure the contract rules surrounding firing your HC, does that allow all assistants freedom to leave? Or if the new HC wants to keep you are you beholden to your contract?

Anyway, GB, Mia, LAR clearly are the spots you want if you're a top of the market candidate. HC's that would take back to back catastrophic years to lose their jobs, which most likely won't happen. As well as offenses that will take pressure off your defense. 

Imagine Dallas job will open up here soon too, my guess is Ben Johnson to Wash and Quinn to Sea.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

@Norm going through liking all the Babich content

Is that because Daddy B was at NDSU? Is that family liked by the fanbase?

IDK why but that one minute video about prototypical size just sold melol

I did see he was from there after the one guy said he played against him in HS so I looked where he was from. Had no idea before that

Edited by Norm
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Some rando from the Pack-a-day podcast is saying "from two separate sources" that Christian Parker is currently in Green Bay and he's being "lead to believe" that we've offered the job to him.

This would be the dude. So Parker will decline and LaFleur will offer it to Staley.

• Like 1