Boston College Head Coach Jeff Hafley is Packers New DC

2024 DC Search  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT to be the next DC?

• Jeff Hafley
    • Jim Leonhard
    • Wink Martindale
    • Ejiro Evero
    • Christian Parker
    • Zach Orr
    • Jesse Minter
    • Anthony Weaver
    • Chris Hewitt
    • Al Harris
    • Larry Foote
    • Aden Durde
    • Dennard Wilson
    • Aubrey Pleasant
    • Brandon Staley
    • Joe Barry
    • Bobby Babich
    • Mike Vrabel
    • Leslie Frazier
    • Chris Harris

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2024 at 01:07 AM

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:
9 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I’m surprised we haven’t heard anymore about other candidates today

Me too, making me question if the Parker leaks are actually true.

I think tomorrow is the key day.

Today is internal work for Baltimore and their staff to close out the season. Just like it was for us the following Monday.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I think tomorrow is the key day.

Today is internal work for Baltimore and their staff to close out the season. Just like it was for us the following Monday.

Hopefully you’re right. I need something today like an addict lol

19 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Man, IDK if this was our search for a DC candidate after years and years of ****ty defense, I would be both surprised and disappointed. Obviously, it have little to no impact on the success of Parker or whoever was hired, but just feel like this DC selection owes due diligence.

I like what a read about Parker, but the lack of coordinator experience makes him a mystery.  Got to start somewhere I guess.

One thing with a young guy is he wouldn't have a long history of working with really smart guys and ID'ing smart premium assistants who would want to work for him.  And if he's worked under only a couple of not-great DC's who got fired, maybe he hasn't gotten tons of great analysis from them, either, on why some ideas might not actually work well or whatever.  

24 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

As much as I hate to admit Bulowski has a good point, he may here. We’ll see

https://x.com/peter_bukowski/status/1752047313030086686?s=46&t=fptgYtQ-rJhbexsz_O7tFQ

I wonder if the pack-a-day guy is being used for disinformatsiya? I fondly recall how TT’s regime used to use ESPN guys like Ed Werder (“The Packers won’t let Marquise Lee get by them”) to throw off the scent around draft time. I’m probably overthinking all of this. 

Got the Senior Bowl and practices this week, I'd think the Packers would want their DC in place and working later this week.  Perhaps not, I expect something in the next few days.

Edited by NFLGURU

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Is it going to be Christian Parker? 

That's what I'm wondering with no news today about any new interview requests. Could be waiting until the situation in Baltimore becomes clearer. 

Just now, Brat&Beer said:

That's what I'm wondering with no news today about any new interview requests. Could be waiting until the situation in Baltimore becomes clearer. 

Why would be wait until their coordinators figure out if they are going to become HCs? Are we interested in one of their position coaches? 

9 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Why would be wait until their coordinators figure out if they are going to become HCs? Are we interested in one of their position coaches? 

2 of their position coaches, Chris Hewitt and Anthony Weaver, are considered possible candidates.